• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

It is best for Zadina to hone his skills in GR, even though we were all hyped to see him make the roster out of camp!

Good for Ras and Cholowski! We kind of knew Ras was going to make it, unless he stunk it up, but nice job by Cholowski bumping his way past both Hronek and Hicketts! Sulak impressed as well! If E and Daley are out (and possibly Kronner) for the opener, I think we can all agree that those three will be in. Although IMO, Saarijarvi did a bit better than Hronek.

Minus Z and Franson, the Wings sit at 14 FWDS, 7D and 2G's equaling 23 players, roster compliant, and that is WITH Witko.  So since he was waived, and if clears, CAN be assigned to GR, I have a feeling once Svech feels better, he is the one that will be in the Detroit lineup. Who sits? Frk and Ehn?

BTW, who was the one who wanted Ehn to make the team to form the Frk - Ehn - AA line? That is classic! Pure Gold!

3 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I am pleasantly surprised with the waiving of Witkowski and addition of Ehn in that spot. The rest is all pretty much what we expected. 

An inconsequential move if Ehn is going to be in the pressbox. I wonder if we might go with 8 defensemen, with Ehn as a regular, or at least fighting Frk over the 12th forward.

Ehn got a lot of playing time in TC and a long look in the preseason. I guess they like what they saw. Looks like the future down the middle is Larkin, Veleno, AA, and Ehn.

Now I am hoping they change his jersey number. 70 just looks weird,

4 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I am pleasantly surprised with the waiving of Witkowski and addition of Ehn in that spot. The rest is all pretty much what we expected. 

So I guess  our enforcer is once again our PP? Cough, cough.

Ehn impressed me relative to expectations, only because they were pretty much nonexistent. I'm not sure Ehn will ever be any better than a Andersson / Emmerton though. I would have preferred Turgeon get that spot, but whatever. I'm not too concerned about that 12th/13th forward spot. It is nice to see management make the decision to waive cement knuckles over the younger, more skilled Ehn though.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ehn impressed me relative to expectations, only because they were pretty much nonexistent. I'm not sure Ehn will ever be any better than a Andersson / Emmerton though. I would have preferred Turgeon get that spot, but whatever. I'm not too concerned about that 12th/13th forward spot. It is nice to see management make the decision to waive cement knuckles over the younger, more skilled Ehn though.

Tie went to the ......kid?

Image result for hallelujah gif

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

I wonder if we might go with 8 defensemen, with Ehn as a regular, or at least fighting Frk over the 12th forward.

FWIW, it's looking like Ehn will be in the lineup on Thursday night:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/09/red_wings_youth_on_display_to.html

Forwards Michael Rasmussen and Christoffer Ehn and defenseman Dennis Cholowski will dress for sure, coach Jeff Blashill said Sunday, after announcing all three have earned spots on the season-opening roster.

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

A big kid that can really skate, likes the boards, and generally brings it? Sounds gross. 

I remember when Andersson / Emmerton brought those same elements and promise... I don't see Ehn as a long term solution. Where does he even fit in on this team right now? Larkin, Athanasiou and Nielsen are slated to be our top 3 centers, and I think Helm and Glendening (and Turgeon) are better options for the 4th line center role... Is he going to play on the wing? Again, better options on the team and in GR in my opinion.

Anyone else notice that Calgary waived Curtis Lazar yesterday? What ever happened to this kid? He was once a highly touted prospect, drafted 17th overall, put up solid numbers in the WHL, was a beast for Canada in the WJC... Since then has fallen off big time. It looks like he may be a career minor leaguer, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings take a gamble on him...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I remember when Andersson / Emmerton brought those same elements and promise... I don't see Ehn as a long term solution. Where does he even fit in on this team right now? Larkin, Athanasiou and Nielsen are slated to be our top 3 centers, and I think Helm and Glendening (and Turgeon) are better options for the 4th line center role... Is he going to play on the wing? Again, better options on the team and in GR in my opinion.

Yes. 

Ok, so all three guys cleared waivers today. Witko can now be assigned to GR opening up a roster spot.  We currently have 13 FWDS (not counting Franzen and Z) so who gets that 14th spot? I think if Svech's "tweak" is deemed ok, he'll be in the lineup opening night.  But if Svech isn't cleared to play, who gets it? Do they call Witko back up, call someone else, or just go with a 22 man roster?

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, so all three guys cleared waivers today. Witko can now be assigned to GR opening up a roster spot.  We currently have 13 FWDS (not counting Franzen and Z) so who gets that 14th spot? I think if Svech's "tweak" is deemed ok, he'll be in the lineup opening night.  But if Svech isn't cleared to play, who gets it? Do they call Witko back up, call someone else, or just go with a 22 man roster?

They will likely go with a 23-man roster. Whether Svechnikov is injured or not, doesn't change that, unless he's out long term (LTIR), which I doubt.

It's looking like we will see something like this on opening night...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Vanek - Athanasiou - Helm / Abdelkader

Svechnikov / Ehn - Glendening - Helm / Abdelkader

Svechnikov / Ehn - Frk

The defense is still up in the air, due to so much uncertainty to health. But by the sounds of it, we could be without at least 2, maybe 4 of Green, Daley, Kronwall and Ericsson...

We could see something like this on opening night...

DeKeyser - Cholowski

Sulak - Hronek

Hicketts - Jensen

... which is exciting and scary...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Apparently Svechnikov is injured from that play he went awkwardly into the boards... Is Ehn a placeholder until Evgeny is healthy?

Maybe. Yes.

I'd also like to add that Andersson is being used as bit of a punch line here but he was a big part of a team that upset the Ducks in 2013 and took Chicago to game 7 OT. He centered Brunner and Nyquist and "looked after them" (Babcock). Then he became less useful and then he was gone. 

I'd like the Wings to burn through their bottom six forwards a little more moving forward. Forget veteran loyalty and prospect pedigree. If a kid has a good camp and fills a need, give him a spot. Then use him up, and cast him away lol. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

They will likely go with a 23-man roster. Whether Svechnikov is injured or not, doesn't change that, unless he's out long term (LTIR), which I doubt.

It's looking like we will see something like this on opening night...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Vanek - Athanasiou - Helm / Abdelkader

Svechnikov / Ehn - Glendening - Helm / Abdelkader

Svechnikov / Ehn - Frk

The defense is still up in the air, due to so much uncertainty to health. But by the sounds of it, we could be without at least 2, maybe 4 of Green, Daley, Kronwall and Ericsson...

We could see something like this on opening night...

DeKeyser - Cholowski

Sulak - Hronek

Hicketts - Jensen

... which is exciting and scary...

:lol: I just put this exact lineup (different line combos) in the Blue Adams thread. You're right it's going to be very exciting and scary!

Blashill said Ehn is definitely IN... so not sure who the two scratches will be if Svech is healthy to play, because he most definitely earned a spot.

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Maybe. Yes.

I'd also like to add that Andersson is being used as bit of a punch line here but he was a big part of a team that upset the Ducks in 2013 and took Chicago to game 7 OT. He centered Brunner and Nyquist and "looked after them" (Babcock). Then he became less useful and then he was gone. 

I'd like the Wings to burn through their bottom six forwards a little more moving forward. Forget veteran loyalty and prospect pedigree. If a kid has a good camp and fills a need, give him a spot. Then use him up, and cast him away lol. 

I can definitely get behind this philosophy. Completely agree.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

:lol: I just put this exact lineup (different line combos) in the Blue Adams thread. You're right it's going to be very exciting and scary!

Blashill said Ehn is definitely IN... so not sure who the two scratches will be if Svech is healthy to play, because he most definitely earned a spot.

If Blashill said Ehn is definitely in, I'd assume he knows Svechnikov isn't ready to go. Svechnikov and Frk will likely be the two scratched on Thursday. Beyond that, who knows...

What's next for Detroit Red Wings after Luke Witkowski clears waivers?

That's word for word the actual title that HSJ put on her article...

I can't

"They (the red wings) expect to have a better handle Tuesday"

So not only does she title her garbage article with this moronic question (oh god the guy who only dressed for 30 games last year got waived, what's next?!?!?!?!), but then she doesn't even answer said question

GODDAMMIT

Maybe it's just cause it's Monday, but I would punch HSJ in her ugly face if I could.

Oh and completely unrelated: Helene St. James Named Michigan Sports Writer Of The Year (2017)

HSJ is lazy and she sucks

Rant over.