Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

AA at 24th birthday = 77 pts.

Nyquist at 24th birthday = 12 pts.

Debate Over.  

LOL. Literally. 

Nyquist's first 4 seasons (179 games) 59 goals, 56 assists, 115 points

AA's first 3 seasons (172 games total) 43 goals, 33 assists, 76 points

Nyquist's first full season (2014-2015): 82 games played, 27 goals, 27 assists, 54 points,

AA's first full season (2017-2018): 71 games played, 16 goals, 17 assists, 33 points.

Not. Even.Close.

Image result for gustav nyquist meme

2 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Do you even believe the carp you spew?

Being that he's clearly fishing, I think ur typo is quite appropriate. Or was it just a clever retort?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Image result for gustav nyquist meme

I remember when I first saw this.  Goose came into the NHL on such a high note, he was leading the AHL in scoring and just looked like a pimp out there, holding onto the puck and controlling plays and then firing home ridiculous shot after shot. Tatar too, it looked like in their first two seasons that we had a Z and D clone system going, the euro twins 2.0 were here.  Life was good at this point, we had all the faith (at least I did) that these two were going to take the torch from Datsyuk and Zetterberg.  UNFORTUNATELY we all know how this played out.  They both seemed to over achieve in their first two years and left us with what they are now, 20ish goals and 20ish assists a year.   Now Id love to see a Goose from the past come back and take flight but I don't see it happening.  So at this point Ill look to another flyer, AA (lame speed joke I know).  Hopefully he can do the opposite and take those two years to grow and now become the player he has the potential to be.  How one can give Nyquist a pass without noting his obvious regression is beyond me, but I do hope him and AA both show up with sh*t to prove.

Edited by 13dangledangle

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

How one can give Nyquist a pass without noting his obvious regression is beyond me, but I do hope him and AA both show up with sh*t to prove.

Underrated post. And I agree, Nyquist regression is probably one of the worse ones in the NHL. 

He went from a top 3 forward to one that’s debatable at being on top 6. Add in the fact that he’s being used as a possible comparable to AA who is a newbie to NHL (this should never be the case).

Always preferred Nyquist over Tatar, but both of them took a major s*** since 2015 or 2016 or whatever. 27/28 goal scorers to barely hitting 20 goals now. And they ain’t getting any better. Maybe he doesn’t work well under Blashill’s system compared to Babcock, but that’s not excuse especially since other players adapted just fine (Z, Dats before he left, Helm, etc)

Edited by kickazz

12 hours ago, kickazz said:

Because AA is only had two real years..? Thought that was obvious. He did better his first year and second year slumped, just like Larkin did. Larkin did much worse than AA. 

And your quote to AA's numbers in his second year was the following.

By deduction you would agree that both Larkin and Franzen's numbers in their 2nd year was "not very good. Plain and simple"? Unless you have bias against AA and are willing to make exceptions for Franzen and Larkin. 

And since Larkin and Franzen eventually got better; by deduction one would assume AA can also get better.

Hence why I think it's too early to call a player out based on his numbers (like you did) when there is a good probability that player gets better. 

Do you think he's unwilling to be coached? 

On 7/20/2018 at 7:28 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think you have very strong opinions about players 2nd seasons. Cool. I don't. And I still don't know why were discussing it.

Yet, your still trying to convince me his 2nd season was awesome and that is the reason I'm stupid for prematurely turning on him....

I HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR THIS KID, I HAVEN'T TURNED ON HIM, YOU'RE ARGUING WITH A WALL.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think anyone here thinks he sucks. I've been pretty clear that I'm still optimistic about the soon to be 24 year old. But since you're intent on building up the false narrative that everyone at LGW hates AA, here you go:

No.

Are you going to actually acknowledge my position at some point? or are we gonna keep playing the straw man game?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Hard to say why Nyquist could never get back to his near 30 goal form. Maybe the NHL just figured him out? The Wings have lost a significant amount of offense since his first two seasons. Datsyuk, Franzen, Alfie... and then they were getting better production from the Defense and Z could really drive the whole offense. Gus used to make a killing on the PP too and now the PP is consistently one of the worst in the NHL. I guess it’s all relative to the state of the team. If Blashill can figure out how to get this team to score goals it will make everyone look a lot better

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Okkkkk, then discuss that with "my boy"

I thought you were speaking for him.

But it looks like yer boy has backed off on his comments so my job is done. 

8 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Hard to say why Nyquist could never get back to his near 30 goal form. Maybe the NHL just figured him out? The Wings have lost a significant amount of offense since his first two seasons. Datsyuk, Franzen, Alfie... and then they were getting better production from the Defense and Z could really drive the whole offense. Gus used to make a killing on the PP too and now the PP is consistently one of the worst in the NHL. I guess it’s all relative to the state of the team. If Blashill can figure out how to get this team to score goals it will make everyone look a lot better

The offense is atrocious but fans focus on the defense being bad. Probably because offense has some “promising names” unfortunately those names haven’t translated to any actual results overall, displayed by us having the 4th worst offense in the league and 8th worse PP percent. Nyquist “rounded out” his game the last couple of years but his offense is absolute s*** now. Went from a 30 goal scorer to barely hitting 20. At this point, I’d much rather he be that 30 goal scorer again and us have the 2nd best PP we did back in 2015 or whatever.

That’s why the Zadina over Bouchard pick was so important. We need defense, but we need offense that actually translates with Larkin.

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nyquist rounded out his game?  News to me.  Looks like the same soft eurotrash that lost the most important puck battle of 2013.  I will never forgive that guy for that soft, lazy play that led to the ot goal in game 7.  Piece of crap 165 lbs.  Wtf was Babcock doing with him in the lineup?

25 goals 55 points this year. Count on it. 

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

Nope. Just don't see any point in furthering a conversation with a brick wall.

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Okkkkk, then discuss that with "my boy"

Chaz Bono - Who are you calling boy?

On 7/21/2018 at 4:26 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:
6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nope. Just don't see any point in furthering a conversation with a brick wall.

Don't know if that is really what i said or not, and i don't feel like rehashing it. But if those were my "exact words", then that was a bad choice of words. What I should have said was "not listening to his coach."  Which is a completely reasonable think to say based on the information available.

This brick wall doesn't like assumptions. Much like when Leftwinger used to assume that the Swedes cared more about their national team than Detroit "based off the information available". That argument lasted till years until Don Zetterberg put it to rest. 

Edited by kickazz

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

The offense is atrocious but fans focus on the defense being bad. Probably because offense has some “promising names” unfortunately those names haven’t translated to any actual results overall, displayed by us having the 4th worst offense in the league and 8th worse PP percent. Nyquist “rounded out” his game the last couple of years but his offense is absolute s*** now. Went from a 30 goal scorer to barely hitting 20. At this point, I’d much rather he be that 30 goal scorer again and us have the 2nd best PP we did back in 2015 or whatever.

That’s why the Zadina over Bouchard pick was so important. We need defense, but we need offense that actually translates with Larkin.

I wasn't, never have, and you know that. I've literally stated otherwise.

However

You've ignored my rebuttal to your assertion that AA is a whipping boy

You've ignored my rebuttal to your straw man that I hate AA.

You've attempted to make an adversary out of me, why?

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I wasn't, never have, and you know that. I've literally stated otherwise.

However

I just want to know what you think of AA vs Larkin vs Franzen second seasons and who did better. And their first seasons too while we're at it. And if you were double blinded by looking ONLY at their numbers who would you think would be at the better pace of development if the cut off was just the first two seasons (since that's all AA has so far). 

I should do this experiment with people on HFboards. Post up all three players stats without names and ask which one they predict to go further in their career and brings more to the table. Would post offensive and defensive stats too.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You've attempted to make an adversary out of me, why?

Jonas thinks we are a little too clicky. I am doing him right.

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

I just want to know what you think of AA vs Larkin vs Franzen second seasons and who did better. And their first seasons too while we're at it. And if you were double blinded by looking ONLY at their numbers who would you think would be at the better pace of development if the cut off was just the first two seasons (since that's all AA has so far). 

I should do this experiment with people on HFboards. Post up all three players stats without names and ask which one they predict to go further in their career and brings more to the table. Would post offensive and defensive stats too.

Jonas thinks we are a little too clicky. I am doing him right.

Sure, that's "just what you want to know" now, after shifting away from "everyone hates AA including CRL". This is becoming increasingly bizarre.

What do I think of AA v. Larkin v. Franzen second seasons? I don't.

I don't think micro-scoping a players 2nd season of play is good indicator of anything, and I don't care to explore it, otherwise I would have already commented on it. And why are you using Larkin and Franzen? Cause they had poor 2nd seasons? Why don't you use your favorite comparable to AA, Nyquist?

You continue to ignore my rebuttal to your assertion that AA is a whipping boy.

You continue to ignore my rebuttal to your assertion that I hate AA.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure, that's "just what you want to know" now, after shifting away from "everyone hates AA including CRL". This is becoming increasingly bizarre.

What do I think of AA v. Larkin v. Franzen second seasons? I don't.

I don't think micro-scoping a players 2nd season of play is good indicator of anything, and I don't care to explore it, otherwise I would have already commented on it. And why are you using Larkin and Franzen? Cause they had poor 2nd seasons? Why don't you use your favorite comparable to AA, Nyquist?

K well I want you to. I know you have the ability to. Don't dodge it. 

I get that it would make AA look better than the other two and you're trying to avoid it. But since we're playing "tag you're it". 

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oooh. Double post. Big mistake. I ignored it the first time to give out an out. Let's do this. 

Let's start with one of them. Kindly point out exactly where I said you hate AA?  

Edited by kickazz

44 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I get that it would make AA look better than the other two and you're trying to avoid it. But since we're playing "tag you're it". 

Oooh. Double post. Big mistake. I ignored it the first time to give out an out. Let's do this. 

Let's start with one of them. Kindly point out exactly where I said you hate AA?  

Jesus christ man. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in this debate and that I think your comparison is garbage? I'm not going to respond to anything for your satisfaction. Yup, I'm a dodger, I dodge asinine comparisons. Guilty.

48 minutes ago, kickazz said:

So you agree, I don't hate AA? Then why are you trying so hard to convince me his 2nd season is so good?

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jesus christ man. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in this debate and that I think your comparison is garbage? I'm not going to respond to anything for your satisfaction. Yup, I'm a dodger, I dodge asinine comparisons. Guilty.

How is it asinine? It's simply comparing the start of 3 players different careers? Dafuq? Do you actually have to sink to this level of talk and call a simple analysis like that "Garbage" to try and weasel out of it?

Comparisons at players certain point in time is literally done all the time. NHL compared Crosby at age 30 to other legends at age 30.

https://www.nhl.com/news/comparing-sidney-crosby-to-legends-at-age-30/c-290634448

Just 10 months ago, Rangers players under 25 were compared to other NHL pros at the start of their careers. 

https://bluelinestation.com/2017/08/29/new-york-rangers-comparing-players-under-25-to-nhl-pros/5/

Mathews compared to McDavid

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/comparing-rookie-seasons-auston-matthews-connor-mcdavid/

I always leave the best for last. Same exact debate I'm trying to have that TSN did. They compared the 2nd year of McDavid to Crosby. 

https://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-s-sophomore-season-may-top-crosby-as-best-in-recent-memory-1.713789

TSN be so asinine. Ass nine. Is it asinine or ass nine or nine or number9. Or perhaps you're avoiding a debate that you're set up to lose. 

Let me know when you're ready to discuss it. Until then I'll leave you to Jonas to play with; right before I respond to another part of the post seperately. 

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you agree, I don't hate AA? Then why are you trying so hard to convince me his 2nd season is so good?

Agree with what? I don't think I've agreed with anything. I'm simply responding to the following post. In the most simplest terms. No hidden meaning that leads to an agreement. Just a simple question which I'll repeat below. 

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kindly point out where I said you hate AA?