• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists), 21 shots on goal, and is a +6 in his last 7 games. #bust...

He's really starting to heat up, and is only now starting to get some help down there. Frk is a huge addition to that team, and it definitely doesn't hurt having another countryman in the locker room / on his line. I'm not sure how long Hronek and Cholowski will stay down, but I wouldn't hate seeing them stay down for the rest of the season. Regain some confidence and help the Griffins go on another Calder Cup run.

Yep.

Frk's a nothing player in the NHL, but he's a beast at the AHL level. Huge, huge add for the Griffins. Like you said, the reinforcements should help Zadina's development and should fuel a deep postseason run.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Zadina has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists), 21 shots on goal, and is a +6 in his last 7 games. #bust...

He's really starting to heat up, and is only now starting to get some help down there. Frk is a huge addition to that team, and it definitely doesn't hurt having another countryman in the locker room / on his line. I'm not sure how long Hronek and Cholowski will stay down, but I wouldn't hate seeing them stay down for the rest of the season. Regain some confidence and help the Griffins go on another Calder Cup run.

Even Yakupov 1.0 had decent stretches...  2.0 is bound to as well.  You're looking at trees not a forest.

#opinions  #eyetest  #bust

54 minutes ago, mackel said:

Even Yakupov 1.0 had decent stretches...  2.0 is bound to as well.  You're looking at trees not a forest.

#opinions  #eyetest  #bust

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that your opinion is f***ing dumb.

Zadina's will not be a bust. His floor is a Tatar type (middle six) winger. His ceiling is Kucherov type (elite) winger. He likely ends up somewhere in between, but there's no chance he becomes the next Yakupov. I'll bet anything on that.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

They're both former Mooseheads too.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Horn-dog is back!

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that your opinion is f***ing dumb.

Zadina's will not be a bust. His floor is a Tatar type (middle six) winger. His ceiling is Kucherov type (elite) winger. He likely ends up somewhere in between, but there's no chance he becomes the next Yakupov. I'll bet anything on that.

I view Tatar as his ceiling...  so let's say for the sake of argument that's what happens.  I would term that a bust.  A high 1st rounder turning out to be a middling NHLer to my mind is a bust, especially when at this point you're offering up Kucherov as his ceiling. 

46 minutes ago, mackel said:

I view Tatar as his ceiling...  so let's say for the sake of argument that's what happens.  I would term that a bust.  A high 1st rounder turning out to be a middling NHLer to my mind is a bust, especially when at this point you're offering up Kucherov as his ceiling. 

Patrik Stefan was a bust. Alex Daigle was a bust. 2nd line winger at 6th pick is not. Big difference between a disappointment and a bust.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

35 minutes ago, mackel said:

I view Pastrnak as his ceiling. So let's say you stop digging your hole and we'll all move on. Cuz this is getting dumb. 

Tonight. Zadina. One goal. One assist. 

3-2 Griffins 

That Zadina goal was the OT winner. 

Frk with identical numbers and the tying goal at 19:30-something. Really late in the game.

Zadina seems to have responded well to better line mates. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Bust

Cholowski assisted on Frk's GTG. 

Seems like the kids are cool with hanging out in Grand Rapids, getting good at hockey and stuff

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Tonight. Zadina. One goal. One assist. 

3-2 Griffins 

That Zadina goal was the OT winner. 

Frk with identical numbers and the tying goal at 19:30-something. Really late in the game.

Zadina seems to have responded well to better line mates. 

Cholowski assisted on Frk's GTG. 

Seems like the kids are cool with hanging out in Grand Rapids, getting good at hockey and stuff

AA will get 80 pts with Zadina and Mantha.  Helm sucks so fricking bad.  He has no business playing with AA.

2 hours ago, mackel said:

Likelihood draft picks develop into top 6 forwards...

Picks 1-3 - 84%

Picks 4-6 - 53%

Picks 7-10 - 33%

Zadina was drafted 6th overall. So let's just say for arguments sake, he has a 50/50 chance to develop into a top 6 forward. Would you still consider him a "bust" if he only develops into a player like Tatar? Sure, it would be kind of disappointing, but he most definitely would not be considered a bust by anyone (other than you)...

I would also say that it's much more likely that Zadina ends up to be a better player than Tatar. So far he's been more productive at the exact same age as Tatar when he played his first pro season with the Griffins.

Tatar - 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) in 58 games (0.55 points per game). Very nice rookie season.

Zadina - 29 points (15 goals, 14 assists) in 43 games (0.67 points per game). Very nice start to his rookie season.

I'll also add that Zadina has the better raw tools and physical attributes than Tatar.

Zadina will NOT be a bust. But by all means, keep spewing your bulls***....

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Likelihood draft picks develop into top 6 forwards...

Picks 1-3 - 84%

Picks 4-6 - 53%

Picks 7-10 - 33%

Zadina was drafted 6th overall. So let's just say for arguments sake, he has a 50/50 chance to develop into a top 6 forward. Would you still consider him a "bust" if he only develops into a player like Tatar? Sure, it would be kind of disappointing, but he most definitely would not be considered a bust by anyone (other than you)...

I would also say that it's much more likely that Zadina ends up to be a better player than Tatar. So far he's been more productive at the exact same age as Tatar when he played his first pro season with the Griffins.

Tatar - 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) in 58 games (0.55 points per game). Very nice rookie season.

Zadina - 29 points (15 goals, 14 assists) in 43 games (0.67 points per game). Very nice start to his rookie season.

I'll also add that Zadina has the better raw tools and physical attributes than Tatar.

Zadina will NOT be a bust. But by all means, keep spewing your bulls***....

You actually brought it back up with your baiting #bust tag.  I've said all along I'd love to be wrong and I might be... but an AHL point streak is far from proving anyone anything just yet.

2 minutes ago, mackel said:

You actually brought it back up with your baiting #bust tag.  I've said all along I'd love to be wrong and I might be... but an AHL point streak is far from proving anyone anything just yet.

You brought it on with your constant "Zadina will be a bust" bulls***, every time anyone mentioned anything positive about him. Don't worry, you will be wrong. I just don't get being so adamant about our 6th overall pick being a bust just weeks / months after him being drafted.

I was a little sour when we drafted Rasmussen 9th overall the year before, but never once called him a bust.

No, his current streak doesn't prove that he'll be an elite winger at the NHL level, but it sure as hell proves more than whatever you were basing him being a bust on, before he ever played a pro game...

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You brought it on with your constant "Zadina will be a bust" bulls***, every time anyone mentioned anything positive about him. Don't worry, you will be wrong. I just don't get being so adamant about our 6th overall pick being a bust just weeks / months after him being drafted.

I was a little sour when we drafted Rasmussen 9th overall the year before, but never once called him a bust.

No, his current streak doesn't prove that he'll be an elite winger at the NHL level, but it sure as hell proves more than whatever you were basing him being a bust on, before he ever played a pro game...

I've watched Zadina play live quite often... i have an informed opinion.  I'm sorry that you don't like it but don't blame this flare-up on me... if you don't throw the bait I don't respond simple as that.

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

I've watched Zadina play live quite often... i have an informed opinion.  I'm sorry that you don't like it but don't blame this flare-up on me... if you don't throw the bait I don't respond simple as that.

You watched him live quite often in Halifax? That's great. Have you watched him live since being draft / turning pro? I've watched quite a few Griffins games this season, albeit not live, but on TV, and he has looked good to very good in the games I've seen. I watched most of both games this weekend and he looked very dangerous every time he was on the ice. 

Like I said, you're the one that started "throwing the bait" to begin with. Any time anyone mentioned anything positive about Zadina, you would come in with your "Zadina is a bust" bulls***. Anyway, we'll see, but I'd make a fairly sizable wager that Zadina will not only not be a bust, but will be a very high end, dare I say elite player for the Red Wings. 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You watched him live quite often in Halifax? That's great. Have you watched him live since being draft / turning pro? I've watched quite a few Griffins games this season, albeit not live, but on TV, and he has looked good to very good in the games I've seen. I watched most of both games this weekend and he looked very dangerous every time he was on the ice. 

Like I said, you're the one that started "throwing the bait" to begin with. Any time anyone mentioned anything positive about Zadina, you would come in with your "Zadina is a bust" bulls***. Anyway, we'll see, but I'd make a fairly sizable wager that Zadina will not only not be a bust, but will be a very high end, dare I say elite player for the Red Wings. 

We'll know in 3 years...  I look forward to being right.

3 minutes ago, mackel said:

We'll know in 3 years...  I look forward to being right.

Then why didnt you just say that you don't think Zadina will be as good as people think based on what you've seen. That would have been fine. But you had to start a flame war by calling him a bust. That's what KRS is calling you out for. And he's right to do so.

44 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Then why didnt you just say that you don't think Zadina will be as good as people think based on what you've seen. That would have been fine. But you had to start a flame war by calling him a bust. That's what KRS is calling you out for. And he's right to do so.

Agreed.  Krs doesn't need to be flame baited.