• Recently Browsing   1 member

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

With every win our chances of getting Hughes slip a bit farther away.  I think we are going to end up better than most predicted.  If we pick in the 8th position or so who do you pick. If Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cusins, Podkolsin, Turcotte, and Newhook are gone.  I kinda waver between Broberg, Byram, and Suzuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These wins are nice, but I'm still expecting us to finish in the basement. The big thing that few people talk about is how we consistently suck against most of the teams in our division. That's enough to set the ceiling pretty low, provided we don't suddenly learn how to beat those teams and/or we don't dominate the other divisions.

To answer your question tho... I dunno. *shrug* I need to learn more about the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the non-answer. :lol:

In addition to not knowing much about the players, I'm not mentally prepared for the possibility of picking 8th. It's early enough in the season that I'm still in "We're gonna finish dead last and pick in the top three / We're gonna go on a Cinderella run to the Cup Finals" mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HoweFan said:

With every win our chances of getting Hughes slip a bit farther away.  I think we are going to end up better than most predicted.  If we pick in the 8th position or so who do you pick. If Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cusins, Podkolsin, Turcotte, and Newhook are gone.  I kinda waver between Broberg, Byram, and Suzuki

We're currently playing better than expected, and other teams are worse than expected.

I still feel we'll finish several points outta the playoffs, and I'm fine with that since finishing last will only give you a 18.5% chance of winning the lottery, and as I've mentioned in another thread - I'd rather see our guys NOT tank, and  NOT develop a losing frame of mind.

We're due for some luv - hopefully we'll drop a few spots in the 2019 draft.

As for who do I want to see donning a Wings jersey? I honestly don't know these guys well enough to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broberg all day, everyday, everyway, I'm guay, that's ok

This team is not finishing in the basement you goddamn *******. The Red Wings are a team of champions... Defeat is not a concept they understand. Our opponents may not expect us to win, but they also do not know our heart.... Red Wings do not surrender. Weakness is not in their creed. We will rip the heart from this leagues chest and leave it bleeding on the ice BECAUSE THEY CANNOT STOP US. I don't understand losing. I don't wanna win in 10 years from now, or 5 years from now, or even a year from now, I wanna win NOW. Let's do this s*** boys. Clap bombs and f*** moms, cycle, snipe, celly boys f***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dabura said:

Sorry for the non-answer. :lol:

In addition to not knowing much about the players, I'm not mentally prepared for the possibility of picking 8th. It's early enough in the season that I'm still in "We're gonna finish dead last and pick in the top three / We're gonna go on a Cinderella run to the Cup Finals" mode.

LOL I am sooo in this mode....doing point(draft high) counter point(Be Cinderella) in the mirror is killing me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the standings, I think there is some tanking going on from a few teams. Pit, chi, stl, lak, not naming names, but...c'mon. Also, Hughes is from Florida, the Panthers seem to have adapted a losing quality this season as well.

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Looking at the standings, I think there is some tanking going on from a few teams. Pit, chi, stl, lak, not naming names, but...c'mon. Also, Hughes is from Florida, the Panthers seem to have adapted a losing quality this season as well.

If any of Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, or St Louis finish last, they should be made to draft 31st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this sort of begs the question:

Should the draft odds have some sort of statistical coefficient or multiplier that takes into account a teams recent success? For example, the Penguins are only one year removed from a cup. Regardless of how bad they are this year, that should have some bearing on how early their ball drops. I'd like to see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

All of this sort of begs the question:

Should the draft odds have some sort of statistical coefficient or multiplier that takes into account a teams recent success? For example, the Penguins are only one year removed from a cup. Regardless of how bad they are this year, that should have some bearing on how early their ball drops. I'd like to see it. 

No, the draft is chaotic neutral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No, the draft is chaotic neutral

If it truly was, it would benefit all 31 teams. If it continues to be a lottery, that the league influences with odds they predetermine depending on where you finish, then the league can surely modify some things. After all, they've already f***ed with it a few times. 

#fakeparity

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If it truly was, it would benefit all 31 teams. If it continues to be a lottery, that the league influences with odds they predetermine depending on where you finish, then the league can surely modify some things. After all, they've already f***ed with it a few times. 

#fakeparity

I don't care for the lottery. I think last team should get first pick. Teams gonna tank no matter what you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't care for the lottery. I think last team should get first pick. Teams gonna tank no matter what you do.

I agree with this. I just don't think a team with two generational superstars one year removed from back to back cups should get Jack Hughes. It's counterintuitive. The draft is supposed to help bad teams become competitive not reward good teams for taking a year off. This league has done everything from turning Brian Elliots arms into salisbury steak to eliminating tie games. So they ain't exactly traditionalists. And one thing they're certainly good at is fixing loopholes that don't benefit the league ( see 7 and 8 year max deals and cap recapture penalties). Yada yada etc.

Basically, I think they can (and will) clause the hell out of this s*** to make it right. But they'll wait until Pittsburgh or Chicago reap the rewards of this flaw before they fix it. 

tinfoil.png

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Best. Player. Available.

This...Where we finish is where we finish...I don’t want this team purposely tanking for that slim chance of winning the lottery.

 I want them to play hard, and keep their spirits up, and if we don’t make the playoffs we’ll then accept the spot the lottery Gods grant us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now