• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Veleno, Rasmussen, Turgeon, Athanasiou, Kivenmaki, free agents,  I'm not overly concerned about center depth

I'm only concerned in the sense that not one of those players is a safe bet to be a really solid 2C within the next two years.

If we're ok with being patient, then it doesn't really matter. But we know this is the Wings and we know the Wings are naturally impatient.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm only concerned in the sense that not one of those players is a safe bet to be a really solid 2C within the next two years.

If we're ok with being patient, then it doesn't really matter. But we know this is the Wings and we know the Wings are naturally impatient.

I'm already satisfied with Nielsen/AA/Rasmussen. Between the 3 of them one should be able to fill the shortly I think.

That's not what Custance said at all. 

This is literally the extent to which Custance addressed the Wings and offer sheets. 

"If Lightning GM Julien BriseBois is concerned at all about a possible offer sheet for RFA Brayden Point, he did a good job of hiding it. One of the teams you hear as most likely to consider an offer sheet is the Detroit Red Wings, a franchise that has cap space, a need for elite young players and a desire to get better quickly. Factor in the Steve Yzerman connection, if he ends up back in Detroit, and there are certainly lines to be drawn to Point.

BriseBois wasn’t sweating any possible threats, echoing the talk coming from Point’s camp that he likes it in Tampa and wants to make it work there. That gives BriseBois confidence a deal is doable.

“I really don’t foresee this being a problem,” BriseBois said. “I think it makes sense for both parties.”

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That's not what Custance said at all. 

"If Lightning GM Julien BriseBois is concerned at all about a possible offer sheet for RFA Brayden Point, he did a good job of hiding it. One of the teams you hear as most likely to consider an offer sheet is the Detroit Red Wings, a franchise that has cap space, a need for elite young players and a desire to get better quickly. Factor in the Steve Yzerman connection, if he ends up back in Detroit, and there are certainly lines to be drawn to Point.

BriseBois wasn’t sweating any possible threats, echoing the talk coming from Point’s camp that he likes it in Tampa and wants to make it work there. That gives BriseBois confidence a deal is doable.

“I really don’t foresee this being a problem,” BriseBois said. “I think it makes sense for both parties"

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

So Custance definitely didn't say the Red Wings "were going to offer sheet Brayden Point" then? 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

the rumor I'm hearing from Custance is we're gonna offer sheet Brayden Point

We will have the cap and the Yzerman connection

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's what Custance has been suggesting is our big "speed up the rebuild, splash move"

Theoretically Tampa won't be able to compete with our offer, but of course we will have to give up draft assets

This really the hill you wanna fight on?

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This really the hill you wanna fight on?

Custance didn't even "rumor" we're going to offer sheet point.  Custance insinuated that IF an offer sheet were going to be made, and IF Brayden Point were the player getting the offer sheet, and IF he were inclined to sign an offer sheet, then MAYBE Detroit would be involved because Steve Yzerman MIGHT be the GM by then. 

You paraphrased that as " the rumor I'm hearing from Custance is we're gonna offer sheet Brayden Point" and " That's what Custance has been suggesting is our big "speed up the rebuild, splash move"

That's a pretty big reach considering he didn't rumor the Wings were going to do anything, nor did he "suggest" that they were going to do it as part of an effort to "speed up the rebuild". 

If you don't want to be called out on rumor mongering then be more accurate next time.  Or better yet, just copy and paste the actual text of the article since you're clearly a subscriber.  Though I suspect that making things up is part of the fun for you. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Custance didn't even "rumor" we're going to offer sheet point.  Custance insinuated that IF an offer sheet were going to be made, and IF Brayden Point were the player getting the offer sheet, and IF he were inclined to sign an offer sheet, then MAYBE Detroit would be involved because Steve Yzerman MIGHT be the GM by then. 

You paraphrased that as " the rumor I'm hearing from Custance is we're gonna offer sheet Brayden Point" and " That's what Custance has been suggesting is our big "speed up the rebuild, splash move"

That's a pretty big reach considering he didn't rumor the Wings were going to do anything, nor did he "suggest" that they were going to do it as part of an effort to "speed up the rebuild". 

If you don't want to be called out on rumor mongering then be more accurate next time.  Or better yet, just copy and paste the actual text of the article since you're clearly a subscriber.  Though I suspect that making things up is part of the fun for you. 

I posted the exact quote, because your panties got ruffled

He mentioned Brayden Point and Detroit offering sheeting.

Did I extrapolate from that? You betcha honey bunny

I will try to be more accurate in my paraphrasing next time. Wouldn't want the Kips of the world splitting hairs on me. Then again, making things up is part of the fun of clown-world. Honk honk.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I posted the exact quote, because your panties got ruffled

He mentioned Brayden Point and Detroit offering sheeting.

Did I extrapolate from that? You betcha honey bunny

I will try to be more accurate in my paraphrasing next time. Wouldn't want the Kips of the world splitting hairs on me. Then again, making things up is part of the fun of clown-world. Honk honk.

Thanks babe.  Nice to know you'll do as you're told. 

So if anyone wants to discuss the NOT A RUMOR about Brayden Point from Custance, what do you think it takes to offer sheet this kid if in theory we do it?

He's coming off a rookie 40 pt season in 68 games, a sophomore season of 66 pts in 82, and now this season he's on pace for 102 pts

About to turn 23 and shoots right

My best guess is he will command a significant contract, and we'd probably have to send away at the very least a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So if anyone wants to discuss the NOT A RUMOR about Brayden Point from Custance, what do you think it takes to offer sheet this kid if in theory we do it?

He's coming off a rookie 40 pt season in 68 games, a sophomore season of 66 pts in 82, and now this season he's on pace for 102 pts

About to turn 23 and shoots right

My best guess is he will command a significant contract, and we'd probably have to send away at the very least a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

I'm guessing he gets traded after the playoffs

Ramblings (March 8) [DobberProspects]

Bowen Byram is on an absolute bender of late. The 17-year-old defenseman has 13 points in his last six contests and is climbing into the top five on many major scouting lists for the upcoming draft.

With 25 goals on the season, Byram has set a new Vancouver Giants club record. His 68 points in 63 WHL games leads all U19 CHL defenders. You read that right. The 17-year-old leads all 16/17/18-year-old backs from across all three CHL leagues.

That’s not bad.

The cherry on top has been his proclivity for the clutch. His FIVE overtime winning goals have tied a WHL record.  Byram trails only Ian White and Ty Smith for U18 WHL scoring by defenders the last 25 years.

Kaapo Kakko is making a serious push for the pole position at the upcoming NHL Entry Draft. The recently turned 18-year-old has been shooting the lights out of late. He has eight goals in his last nine games, and 13 in his past 16.

He’s the second-youngest player to ever score 20 goals in the Liiga, and he trails Sasha Barkov by a single tally for the most ever by a U18 skater. He’s already a more dominate finisher than Patrik Laine, Mikko Rantanen, and Sebastion Aho at the same age.

Not bad company to keep.

Of note, Kakko has been playing the wing exclusively the last two months after dabbling down the middle to close 2018.

Alex Turcotte may have had the early months of his season stolen by injury, but he’s healthy now and playing spectacularly.

The 18-year-old has been on a tear with the U18 Program. His recent play against USHL opponents hasn’t even been fair. His 23 points in 11 contests lead the league in points-per-game (2.09), and he recently spun a string of 15 points in five contests – including a one goal, five assist outing.

He’s done this despite playing away from top prospect, Jack Hughes at even-strength.

Turcotte is a going to be a fantasy stalwart down the line. Already a deft two-way player, his transition to the NHL should be slightly easier compared to other prospects. The Illinois-native is off to the University of Wisconsin in the fall and is a prime contender for the one-and-done treatment.

Turcotte and Byrum are rising slightly and replacing Podkosin and Dach on my list.  I would be happy with anyone down to 6.  Podkolzin hasn't won me over yet.

1 - Hughes

2 - Kakko

3 - Cozens

4 - Byrum

5 - Turcotte

6 - Dach

7 - Podkolzin

8 - Krebs

9 - Zegras

10 - Suzuki

Edited by HoweFan
mistake