• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Cam Robinson: Final 2019 NHL Draft Rankings (Part 1) [Dobber Prospects]

Cam Robinson: Final 2019 NHL Draft Rankings (Part 2) [Dobber Prospects]

I put a lot of stock in Cam Robinson's opinions regarding prospects and drafts and such. It's definitely worth reading his stuff.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why is the only thing he says without an accent "g*d d**n"?

Because French Canadians are godless heathens.

by watching highlights, which is all I've got, to me it's either Byram or Caufield. I've just finished watching highlights from all the guys we've been talking about. Whether or not any of them will translate their game to the NHL is always a question mark. but by watching the highlights, honestly if not D in Byram it's Caufield. just my opinion.

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Zegras is growing on me.

I think Caulfield may be another Tippett.

Dach seems like another Rassmussen.

I don't think Cozens is a center at the NHL level. RW.

I think it could go either way, but I'd be okay with drafting him knowing he could become a winger. Love his game. I'm also more confident than most that Veleno will become a legit 2nd line center.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

by watching highlights, which is all I've got, to me it's either Byram or Caufield. I've just finished watching highlights from all the guys we've been talking about. Whether or not any of them will translate their game to the NHL is always a question mark. but by watching the highlights, honestly if not D in Byram it's Caufield. just my opinion.

of course that's assuming Cozens is gone. So, Byram, Cozens, Caufield.

Zegras, Cozens, Caufiled, Dach.

One of them will probably go top-5 (also assuming Turcotte and Byram will too).

I'd give the edge to Zegras, because I think we really need a playmaker. A guy who can turn "three forwards" into "one line". That's also why I include Dach in my top tier; I think his skills would mesh well with Ras, Zadina, and Mantha. Wouldn't like him if Zegras was available though.

At 35, I'm betting there will be at least a few guys that were mostly expected to go in the first round: Brink, Tomasino, Heinola, maybe even Kaliyev. Also like Matt Robertson and Lassi Thompson. Also like Sogaard with one of the 54/60/66 picks, and maybe take a chance on Brett Leason if he's still there. 

And finally: when do we acknowledge that it's the Rangers picking 2nd, and put Hoglander, Seider, and Lavoie in the discussion? 

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I hope he goes before we pick. 

Same. Of all the guys that could go to us at 6, he would be the one I'd be most disappointed with. Probably will still be a very good player, but I'd rather any of Cozens, Zegras, Caufield or Dach ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, Buppy said:

At 35, I'm betting there will be at least a few guys that were mostly expected to go in the first round: Brink, Tomasino, Heinola, maybe even Kaliyev. Also like Matt Robertson and Lassi Thompson. Also like Sogaard with one of the 54/60/66 picks, and maybe take a chance on Brett Leason if he's still there. 

And finally: when do we acknowledge that it's the Rangers picking 2nd, and put Hoglander, Seider, and Lavoie in the discussion? 

I don't see any chance of Tomasino, Brink or Kaliyev drop to 35, but I'd be thrilled with any, especially Tomasino. He would need to plummet the way Veleno did last year to reach the 2nd round. I expect him to be gone in the 12-18 range.

Leason is a player I'd love to grab at 35, assuming there are no players that fall in our lap again...

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I hope he goes before we pick. 

I don’t ;) that’s fine you don’t like the kid I think everyone’s severely overreacting and gonna regret it when he becomes a star ... as long as we take a turcotte/zegras Instead I’ll be ok so long as it’s not dach/cozens 

29 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Zegras, Cozens, Caufiled, Dach.

One of them will probably go top-5 (also assuming Turcotte and Byram will too).

I'd give the edge to Zegras, because I think we really need a playmaker. A guy who can turn "three forwards" into "one line". That's also why I include Dach in my top tier; I think his skills would mesh well with Ras, Zadina, and Mantha. Wouldn't like him if Zegras was available though.

Our Larkin line right now is solid , for me if we landed podkolzin and veleno turns out to be a 2c which I’m hoping for a zadina veleno podkolzin Might eventually turn into our 1st line , if not it’s gotta be zegras for me and veleno probably ends up on the 3c and we get zadina zegras Berggren Maybe down the road 

at 35 for me beecher/tracey But have a feeling both can move into the first round with puistola if not I’d say we target kolyachonok/misyul or some other dman unless we move up which I can see happening

put lavoie,Seider, And hoglander in What discussion? Rangers will pick kakko 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Our Larkin line right now is solid , for me if we landed podkolzin and veleno turns out to be a 2c which I’m hoping for a zadina veleno podkolzin Might eventually turn into our 1st line , if not it’s gotta be zegras for me and veleno probably ends up on the 3c and we get zadina zegras Berggren Maybe down the road 

at 35 for me beecher/tracey But have a feeling both can move into the first round with puistola if not I’d say we target kolyachonok/misyul or some other dman unless we move up which I can see happening

Assuming Bert, Mantha, and Larkin stay together. I agree that Pods, Veleno, and Zadina would be a good line too. No definitive 1st or 2nd there. Neither would be elite top lines, but they would both be too good to be considered 2nd lines too. Reminds me of the late 90s early 00s Wings teams, where aside form the grind line, the other lines were interchangeable.

My order would be at 6th:

1.Byram

2. Pods

3. Zegras

4. Cozens

I would be pleased with any of those picks. The other names being mentioned at 6th are either redundant,  or have lower ceilings IMO.

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Cam Robinson: Final 2019 NHL Draft Rankings (Part 1) [Dobber Prospects]

Cam Robinson: Final 2019 NHL Draft Rankings (Part 2) [Dobber Prospects]

I put a lot of stock in Cam Robinson's opinions regarding prospects and drafts and such. It's definitely worth reading his stuff.

Because French Canadians are godless heathens.

Is Dach 6 foot 3 or a 6 foot tree?

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Assuming Bert, Mantha, and Larkin stay together. I agree that Pods, Veleno, and Zadina would be a good line too. No definitive 1st or 2nd there. Neither would be elite top lines, but they would both be too good to be considered 2nd lines too. Reminds me of the late 90s early 00s Wings teams, where aside form the grind line, the other lines were interchangeable.

My order would be at 6th:

1.Byram

2. Pods

3. Zegras

4. Cozens

I would be pleased with any of those picks. The other names being mentioned at 6th are either redundant,  or have lower ceilings IMO.

Is Dach 6 foot 3 or a 6 foot tree?

Yes I’m assuming that line sticks together and unless they just lose chemistry for some reason or blashill seperates them they should be ok , and I’d see the podkolzin line as a future number 1 but not right away maybe Like 5 yrs from now, it all depends how they progress right? If zadina becomes a 30-50 goal guy like we hope he can be, if veleno turns out to be this great play making center and podkolzin is this relentless 2-way guy like Pavel was and can put up numbers they have the potential to be a #1 star line ... all if’s right now that’s why the lottery is pretty much a crapshoot and we gotta count just as much on our developmental staff to help this kids

1 and 2 same for followed by turcotte and zegras , And agreed I personally think your top 3 + turcotte just make their linemates better I see no reason to f*** up this draft at 6 , I think yzerman showed up just in time and will take the bpa, I’m sure Draper will try and convince him to take dach but he won’t be afraid to not listen to that crap , anyways should be a fun draft either I’ll be drinking to celebrate the pick or drinking to numb the pain haha

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t ;) that’s fine you don’t like the kid I think everyone’s severely overreacting and gonna regret it when he becomes a star ... as long as we take a turcotte/zegras Instead I’ll be ok so long as it’s not dach/cozens 

It's not that I don't like him, just not my preference. but honestly there's probably 10 kids that can go at #6 and be NHL players one day and Pod is one of them.

I honestly want to see some dealin going on Friday. I'd love to have another 1st by the end of the round.

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

all this talk of our lines, and not one with AA on them.

we need D most importantly. how about we skip the O and if Byram isn't there, trade the #6 for Trouba?

Haha true , i personally think he’s gonna be the guy yzerman will pull the trigger  to get a dman and/or picks especially if he gets another 30 goals and demands 7-8 per and becomes a problem to negotiate another deal , yzerman won’t tolerate that s*** and move him + If were really lucky and our prospects develop well we got a ton of guys to potentially fill in a top 6 role outside of our Larkin line ... Rasmussen,veleno,zadina,hirose,#6pick,Berggren,svechnikov ... I could be wrong but I just don’t see a longterm career in Detroit for AA

id never trade the #6 pick for trouba , everyone knows my take and I’m sticking to waiting till July 2020 and with all the rumors of him wanting to come home for years I’m gonna believe it’s true , I’ll gamble it out if it doesn’t work out we trade AA for a d chip , besides yzerman already knows where trouba’s head is at one way or another 

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's not that I don't like him, just not my preference. but honestly there's probably 10 kids that can go at #6 and be NHL players one day and Pod is one of them.

I honestly want to see some dealin going on Friday. I'd love to have another 1st by the end of the round.

That’s fine ... I think there’s gonna be a ton of moves and I’d love to get into the 1st again , I’m being delusional but hopefully we can get the Tampa 27th with Callahan for like 60 or 66 + turgeon or something or target the 18th from Dallas for some picks since Dallas picks again at 18 and if we think we can get the player want go from 18 to like 22 and get another pick back from the Dallas move , a lot of action I see happening this weekend  I predict Daley is gone this weekend for a pick 

there’s a ton of kids with upside I like in the first 2-3 rounds and some later as well I’m really high on this draft so should be good 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/290462/marcel-barinka

hoping we take a chance on him with one of our 5ths or early 6 , I think he has some upside if he ever hits , just turned 18 had a nice. World juniors tournament +hlinka Tournament , not great numbers with Halifax but everyone at the top of the team is 20-21 and will likely be gone so he might get a ton of more ice time now 

anyways lots to like 

Just saw it and I’m sure some of you already seen it but figured I’d post it up ... it’s probably wishful thinking on my part but I can totally see yzerman taking podkolzin just for the fact he’d probably look back at his career and those cup wins  and see himself ,fedorov,zetterberg,datsyuk being elite 2 way forwards back in the day and that’s exactly what podkolzin is , man Friday can’t come soon enough one way or another all this wondering stuff will be over 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

45 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just saw it and I’m sure some of you already seen it but figured I’d post it up ... it’s probably wishful thinking on my part but I can totally see yzerman taking podkolzin just for the fact he’d probably look back at his career and those cup wins  and see himself ,fedorov,zetterberg,datsyuk being elite 2 way forwards back in the day and that’s exactly what podkolzin is , man Friday can’t come soon enough one way or another all this wondering stuff will be over 

What they fail to mention that Podkolzin wrestles with bears for his off season summer training.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't see any chance of Tomasino, Brink or Kaliyev drop to 35, but I'd be thrilled with any, especially Tomasino. He would need to plummet the way Veleno did last year to reach the 2nd round. I expect him to be gone in the 12-18 range.

Leason is a player I'd love to grab at 35, assuming there are no players that fall in our lap again...

Yeah, they're all long shots, but someone falls almost every year. Those are just the kids at the high end of the range that could fall. Brink seems under the radar a bit, and a lot of rankings have Kaliyev in the 20s (and a couple into the 30s), which seems weird for a kid that scored 50 goals. There's hope. But if not them there'll be another kid considered 1st-round talent there at 35. Quite a few think Leason should go in the first, for example. Hard to get too excited about a kid that didn't do anything in Jrs until he was 20, but could be a good pick.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Our Larkin line right now is solid ...

The Bert-Larkin-Mantha combo produced 24 points. Barely better than the Nyquist-Larkin-Abby combo, and worse than Bert-Larkin-Nyquist. They looked good at the end of the year, but we're a long way from where we should set anything in stone.

And the Ranger thing was a joke, since they went off the board a bit with Kravstov and Andersson the last two years. And McIlrath not that long ago for that matter.