• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

On 2/3/2019 at 11:25 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Mike smith has been garbage and rittich is 26 with barely any nhl experience , it would be idiotic to go into the playoffs with that tandem considering how great the team is doing 

True, but I don't think they make a move for Howard to have him sit on the bench.

I’m watching leafs lunch and there talking about Tampa likely having  to give up a first to get rid of Ryan Callahan ... probably a summer move , any chance Holland steps up and takes it on to get us a first rounder? I mean we have an abundance of garbage but if it means r land a first we should rid ourselves of helm or whomever to fit Callahan for one year 

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’m watching leafs lunch and there talking about Tampa likely having  to give up a first to get rid of Ryan Callahan ... probably a summer move , any chance Holland steps up and takes it on to get us a first rounder? I mean we have an abundance of garbage but if it means r land a first we should rid ourselves of helm or whomever to fit Callahan for one year 

I don't think it's going to happen, but yeah, I'd do it if it were on the table for sure. 

To TBL: Nyquist (50% salary retained)

To DET: Callahan, Raddysh, 2020 1st round pick.

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think it's going to happen, but yeah, I'd do it if it were on the table for sure. 

To TBL: Nyquist (50% salary retained)

To DET: Callahan, Raddysh, 2020 1st round pick.

Ummmm they might be so desperate to get rid of Callahan for salary purposes next season so would it be possible to get the first for taking on that almost 6 mill cap hit (forget exact number) and trading Nyquist elsewhere this deadline and getting more assets ?

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ummmm they might be so desperate to get rid of Callahan for salary purposes next season so would it be possible to get the first for taking on that almost 6 mill cap hit (forget exact number) and trading Nyquist elsewhere this deadline and getting more assets ?

Well in my proposed trade, it was basically what you said, taking on Callahan for a 1st round pick, which I doubt happens on it's own. And then Nyquist for Taylor Raddysh is what I added. You don't expect to get more than that for Nyquist do you? I'd take a top prospect over a pick in the 25+ range any day, and that's even assuming we could get a 1st round pick for him, which isn't a guarantee either.

Fun trade proposal I just made up after hearing about FLA's interest in Bobrovsky.

To CBJ:

Jimmy Howard, Derrick Brassard, FLA 2019 2nd.

To Detroit:

CBJ 2019 2nd, James Riemer, Aleksi Heponiemi

To FLA:

Sergei Bobrovsky, Detroit 2019 3rd.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Well in my proposed trade, it was basically what you said, taking on Callahan for a 1st round pick, which I doubt happens on it's own. And then Nyquist for Taylor Raddysh is what I added. You don't expect to get more than that for Nyquist do you? I'd take a top prospect over a pick in the 25+ range any day, and that's even assuming we could get a 1st round pick for him, which isn't a guarantee either.

Could be wrong but hasn’t the lightning been dealing top prospects away , so pretty sure they’d rather hold on to prospects and deal picks , maybe can even flip a 3rd rd pick of ours for a 2nd of theirs as well ... anyways as long as we can have basically a separate deal with Nyquist as well I’d do it 

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Could be wrong but hasn’t the lightning been dealing top prospects away , so pretty sure they’d rather hold on to prospects and deal picks , maybe can even flip a 3rd rd pick of ours for a 2nd of theirs as well ... anyways as long as we can have basically a separate deal with Nyquist as well I’d do it 

The Lightning have shown a willingness to trade both prospects and picks to compete for a Stanley Cup. Maybe having the best team in the league, as well as a deep prospect pool, and being right up against the 50-man roster limit, they would be willing to trade a Raddysh or Foote. I'm not saying they would make that trade, but that would be my ask. And like I said, if we're trading Nyquist, I'd much rather go after a top prospect in the 19-21 range than a late 1st round pick, or multiple later picks...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

The Lightning have shown a willingness to trade both prospects and picks to compete for a Stanley Cup. Maybe having the best team in the league, as well as a deep prospect pool, and being right up against the 50-man roster limit, they would be willing to trade a Raddysh or Foote. I'm not saying they would make that trade, but that would be my ask. And like I said, if we're trading Nyquist, I'd much rather go after a top prospect in the 19-21 range than a late 1st round pick, or multiple later picks...

Ya I think there’s a zero chance they deal Foote ... as for raddysh who knows , just think teams like Tampa will be reluctant to deal away top prospects after dealing some already knowing those are the types of guys with cheap entry contracts they’ll need to fill up their rosters 

and yes we can ask for them but unfortunately I think it would take more than nyquist to land some teams top prospects .... could be wrong  

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I think there’s a zero chance they deal Foote ... as for raddysh who knows , just think teams like Tampa will be reluctant to deal away top prospects after dealing some already knowing those are the types of guys with cheap entry contracts they’ll need to fill up their rosters 

and yes we can ask for them but unfortunately I think it would take more than nyquist to land some teams top prospects .... could be wrong  

Yeah I hear ya. It just seemed like you would prefer the 1st round pick over a top prospect, which is what I was disagreeing with. Tampa might be reluctant to give up another high end prospect, but that's what I would be targeting if I were in Holland's shoes.

I'd stay far away from Taylor Raddysh.  His best attribute, being a net front PP guy, we've got in Ras and Mantha.  He's not shown the ability to play center at the AHL level.  He's not a very good skater.  And his offense has been inconsistent since being drafted.  Pronman had him listed at Tampa's 6th best prospect in his farm system rankings this summer.  And Tampa has one of the league's worst farm systems.  Buyer beware.  

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd stay far away from Taylor Raddysh.  His best attribute, being a net front PP guy, we've got in Ras and Mantha.  He's not shown the ability to play center at the AHL level.  He's not a very good skater.  And his offense has been inconsistent since being drafted.  Pronman had him listed at Tampa's 6th best prospect in his farm system rankings this summer.  And Tampa has one of the league's worst farm systems.  Buyer beware.  

I would say Raddysh' skating is above average. He may lack acceleration, but his speed and overall skating ability is fine. 30 points in 42 games as a rookie in the AHL is pretty solid production, ranking him 8th in the league.

Those rankings are based only on Pronman. I've seen plenty other rankings that have Tampa in the top 3rd of the league (#7), and Raddysh ranked 3rd or 4th in their system.

Regardless, just using Raddysh as an example. I'd just like to see Holland target some high-end prospects at the deadline. Raddysh would fall into that category for me.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I would say Raddysh' skating is above average. He may lack acceleration, but his speed and overall skating ability is fine. 30 points in 42 games as a rookie in the AHL is pretty solid production, ranking him 8th in the league.

Those rankings are based only on Pronman. I've seen plenty other rankings that have Tampa in the top 3rd of the league (#7), and Raddysh ranked 3rd or 4th in their system.

Regardless, just using Raddysh as an example. I'd just like to see Holland target some high-end prospects at the deadline. Raddysh would fall into that category for me.

I know those rankings are Pronman's.  That's why I attributed them to him.  He's the most thorough evaluator of teams' prospect pools out there at the moment.  Which other sources did you see that ranked Tampa in the top 3rd of the league? 

All of The Athletic, The Draft Analyst, Dobber's Prospects, and the Hockey Writers question his speed.  Maybe it's his quickness, maybe not.  But when lots of sources are all questioning the same part of someone's game I'd be pretty reluctant to gloss over it. 

However, I agree that targeting prospects and 2nd round picks might be the way to go at this deadline.  Just wouldn't target this guy.

Edited by kipwinger

22 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I know those rankings are Pronman's.  That's why I attributed them to him.  He's the most thorough evaluator of teams' prospect pools out there at the moment.  Which other sources did you see that ranked Tampa in the top 3rd of the league? 

All of The Athletic, The Draft Analyst, Dobber's Prospects, and the Hockey Writers question his speed.  Maybe it's his quickness, maybe not.  But when lots of sources are all questioning the same part of someone's game I'd be pretty reluctant to gloss over it. 

However, I agree that targeting prospects and 2nd round picks might be the way to go at this deadline.  Just wouldn't target this guy.

I agree with a lot Pronman's rankings, but I wouldn't take everything he writes as gospel. For instance, Bode Wilde being ranked 21st, and Jared McIsaac unranked through 57 prospects...

The Sporting News has Tampa at 7, Raddysh at 4, and Dobber Prospects has Tampa at 7, and Raddysh at 3. I've read some scouting reports that say Raddysh needs to work on his skating, and others that say it's fine.

The Draft Analyst: "Raddysh is a good skater with good closing speed once he gets the wheels churning, and he uses a long reach to force turnovers. His first step isn’t that quick, but his body positioning and wide silhouette allow him to maintain puck control on the rush despite a general lack of breakaway speed."

I'm okay if he's not a burner, as long as he can keep up and produce. And so far in his young pro career, he has proven capable of that.

But yeah, I guess we agree on the main point, and that is targeting young somewhat proven prospects over picks at the deadline.

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree with a lot Pronman's rankings, but I wouldn't take everything he writes as gospel. For instance, Bode Wilde being ranked 21st, and Jared McIsaac unranked through 57 prospects...

The Sporting News has Tampa at 7, Raddysh at 4, and Dobber Prospects has Tampa at 7, and Raddysh at 3. I've read some scouting reports that say Raddysh needs to work on his skating, and others that say it's fine.

The Draft Analyst: "Raddysh is a good skater with good closing speed once he gets the wheels churning, and he uses a long reach to force turnovers. His first step isn’t that quick, but his body positioning and wide silhouette allow him to maintain puck control on the rush despite a general lack of breakaway speed."

I'm okay if he's not a burner, as long as he can keep up and produce. And so far in his young pro career, he has proven capable of that.

But yeah, I guess we agree on the main point, and that is targeting young somewhat proven prospects over picks at the deadline.

So when you said "I've seen PLENTY other rankings that have Tampa in the top 3rd of the league (#7), and Raddysh ranked 3rd or 4th in their system", you really meant that you've seen ONE such ranking?  

It's not a big deal, I only referenced one ranking as well.  The difference between us is that I attributed mine to one person and didn't exaggerate, while you claimed to have seen PLENTY when in reality you didn't.  Maybe don't do that anymore? 

22 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

So when you said "I've seen PLENTY other rankings that have Tampa in the top 3rd of the league (#7), and Raddysh ranked 3rd or 4th in their system", you really meant that you've seen ONE such ranking?  

It's not a big deal, I only referenced one ranking as well.  The difference between us is that I attributed mine to one person and didn't exaggerate, while you claimed to have seen PLENTY when in reality you didn't.  Maybe don't do that anymore? 

LOL It's hilarious how combative you are...

The Sporting News and Dobber Prospects are TWO rankings, not ONE. ESPN also ranked Tampa 7th. Top Shelf Prospects ranked them 14th. Not "top 3rd", but close.

Maybe "plenty" was a poor word choice there, but considering how few sites there are that do annual prospect pool rankings, it's not that far off...

You found ONE that has them ranked 30th, and conclude that they're "one of the league's worst farm systems". Maybe top 10 is a little generous, but 30th overall is way too low in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL It's hilarious how combative you are...

The Sporting News and Dobber Prospects are TWO rankings, not ONE. ESPN also ranked Tampa 7th. Top Shelf Prospects ranked them 14th. Not "top 3rd", but close.

Maybe "plenty" was a poor word choice there, but considering how few sites there are that do annual prospect pool rankings, it's not that far off...

You found ONE that has them ranked 30th, and conclude that they're "one of the league's worst farm systems". Maybe top 10 is a little generous, but 30th overall is way too low in my opinion.

It's called attribution.  I didn't "conclude" anything.  I said that Pronman listed them as one of the worst.  Which he did.  That information was used as context and I never pretended that more people than just him had said it.  I also explained why I listed Pronman in particular in a subsequent post. 

Wait, did you think that I was trying to pretend like I spent my time evaluating the prospect pools of each NHL team?  Or that I was trying to pass someone else's work off as my own?  Lol.  Not me man.  Here's the thing, I read stuff about hockey on the internet, and then I talk about my thoughts on that stuff here on LGW with you dingbats.  I don't know s*** about hockey.  I DO know s*** about organizing thoughts around coherent concepts though. 

Edited by kipwinger

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's called attribution.  I didn't "conclude" anything.  I said that Pronman listed them as one of the worst.  Which he did.  That information was used as context and I never pretended that more people than just him had said it.  I also explained why I listed Pronman in particular in a subsequent post. 

Wait, did you think that I was trying to pretend like I spent my time evaluating the prospect pools of each NHL team?  Or that I was trying to pass someone else's work off as my own?  Lol.  Not me man.  Here's the thing, I read stuff about hockey on the internet, and then I talk about my thoughts on that stuff here on LGW with you dingbats.  I don't know s*** about hockey.  I DO know s*** about organizing thoughts around coherent concepts though. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The good news? Boyle, an upcoming UFA, just fetched a 2nd. IMO that sets the market higher than this for Goose.  

The bad news? There goes Nashville's 2nd. Surely they wouldn't cough up their first pick in 2019 as well would they? 

Jesus... If Boyle nets a 2nd, Nyquist should get us two 1st's...