• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

20190428_223337.jpg.9bbe6c991b2c6057be47b394decbbda4.jpg

He was wearing a Red Wings hat, but management told him he couldn't wear it. He decided to wear the Tigers hat instead. They didn't say anything about changing his boxers though...

20190428_223718.jpg.27297834ac51ef0c076ad596f40537ca.jpg

To be fair, there's also photos of Erik Karlsson wearing Tigs hats out there...

I know a kid who went to highschool with Jacob Trouba, and said Trouba is really really close with his family, especially his mom. Like to the point he was fun of for being a mammas boys in highschool. If he's still really close with his family and they're still in Rochester, maybe the kid really does want to be back home... Just like Parise and Suter

SOURCE: Lots of family in Rochester

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To be fair, there's also photos of Erik Karlsson wearing Tigs hats out there...

I know a kid who went to highschool with Jacob Trouba, and said Trouba is really really close with his family, especially his mom. Like to the point he was fun of for being a mammas boys in highschool. If he's still really close with his family and they're still in Rochester, maybe the kid really does want to be back home... Just like Parise and Suter

Right you are...

Karlsson.img

The question is, does he have Red Wings hats and boxers like Troubs?...

Edited by krsmith17

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in. Settled on this one.

Dissecting Steve Yzerman's nine year tenure in Tampa Bay [Wings Nation]

"He made 56 total trades in his time as Lightning GM, some holding more weight than others."

Wow.

"He sent team captain Martin St. Louis to New York for Ryan Callahan, a conditional 2014 second round pick (which eventually became a first) and a 2015 first round pick. To acquire two firsts for a past-prime St. Louis is pure robbery."

Agreed

"Despite defying the expectations of many by reaching the Eastern Conference Finals in year one, Boucher was let go by Yzerman after three seasons. The Lightning went 51-54-9 the last two seasons under Boucher’s watch — not good enough for a team trying to establish a winning culture."

^ Balls that Yzerman has and Holland never did. Blashill will get a chance until he doesn't have it anymore.

Edited by kickazz

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

"He made 56 total trades in his time as Lightning GM, some holding more weight than others."

Wow.

"He sent team captain Martin St. Louis to New York for Ryan Callahan, a conditional 2014 second round pick (which eventually became a first) and a 2015 first round pick. To acquire two firsts for a past-prime St. Louis is pure robbery."

Agreed

"Despite defying the expectations of many by reaching the Eastern Conference Finals in year one, Boucher was let go by Yzerman after three seasons. The Lightning went 51-54-9 the last two seasons under Boucher’s watch — not good enough for a team trying to establish a winning culture."

^ Balls that Yzerman has and Holland never did. Blashill will get a chance until he doesn't have it anymore.

Holland hasn't fired a coach since he let Hitler go.  Back then, finishing first and losing early in the playoffs was a cardinal sin in Detroit.  Blashill was never going to be fired by Holland.  

20 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

how's he feel about Datsyuk though?

I’m confused why Dats would want to return to Detroit? Maybe because the way he left was f***ed up and he wants to mend things by giving them a year back?  

Edited by kickazz

The Datsyuk chapter has closed. We've already turned the page on a new era. No need of bringing back a 41 year old Datsyuk... Same goes for a 38 year old Kronwall...

In saying that, if we could somehow trade Nielsen, I supposed bringing back Datsyuk on a one year contract wouldn't be the worst thing...

18 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm really starting to hate the Rangers.

Seriously

Krieder - Zibanejad - Kakko
Buchnevich - Namestnikov - Kravtsov
Chytil - Strome - Vesey
Lemieux - Howden - Fast

Skej - Shattenkik
Staal - Pionk
Hakej - Deangelo

Lundqvist
Georgiev

That lineup is so young and laden with talent that is going to boom in like 2 or 3 years. Their oldest forward in that lineup is Kreider at 28, and their youngest Dman is Staal at 32

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The Datsyuk chapter has closed. We've already turned the page on a new era. No need of bringing back a 41 year old Datsyuk... Same goes for a 38 year old Kronwall...

In saying that, if we could somehow trade Nielsen, I supposed bringing back Datsyuk on a one year contract wouldn't be the worst thing...

That would be pretty solid. I worry about Datsyuk playing a full season at this point though.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seriously

Krieder - Zibanejad - Kakko
Buchnevich - Namestnikov - Kravtsov
Chytil - Strome - Vesey
Lemieux - Howden - Fast

Skej - Shattenkik
Staal - Pionk
Hakej - Deangelo

Lundqvist
Georgiev

That lineup is so young and laden with talent that is going to boom in like 2 or 3 years. Their oldest forward in that lineup is Kreider at 28, and their youngest Dman is Staal at 32

You forgot Adam Fox.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That would be pretty solid. I worry about Datsyuk playing a full season at this point though.

Yeah, no way he plays 82 games (if he were to come back). I'd be fine with that though because I think Veleno could be ready for some spot duty this season.