• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:
Michael Rasmussen (2017 9th overall pick)
2019 2nd round pick (SJS)
2020 3rd round pick (DET)

To DET:
Evan Bouchard (2018 10th overall pick)
2020 2nd round pick (EDM)

Who says no?

Surprisingly ken Holland?they were bitching yesterday on tsn about how Bouchard was the only right shot dman they have , we should have just taken brannstrom,Foote,valimaki that year and we f***ed up. Hopefully I’m wrong and Rasmussen turns it around and turns himself into a top 6 guy

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:

To DET:

Who says no?

While part of me doesn't want to give up on Ras, another part of me really wanted Bouchard last year before Zadina fell to us.  Its the 2nd round pick this year, that makes me a little hesitant.  I hate to give up high picks when rebuilding even if it is from SJ.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:

To DET:

Who says no?

Me

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:
Andreas Athanasiou

To DET:
Evan Bouchard

Who says no?

Not me

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Surprisingly ken Holland?they were bitching yesterday on tsn about how Bouchard was the only right shot dman they have , we should have just taken brannstrom,Foote,valimaki that year and we f***ed up. Hopefully I’m wrong and Rasmussen turns it around and turns himself into a top 6 guy

Foote and Valimkai are ok. Brannstrom would be a big mistake though.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Me

Not me

Agreed with this

Sounds like Lindstrom is leaving his Swedish team after winning it all this season. Likely coming to join us.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:
Andreas Athanasiou

To DET:
Evan Bouchard

Who says no?

I'll say no to that.  We do lack defense, but we also lack goal scoring.  AA is a 30 goal scorer and Bouchard is an unknown at the NHL level.  However, just imagine AA on McDavid's line, good Lord.

36 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I'll say no to that.  We do lack defense, but we also lack goal scoring.  AA is a 30 goal scorer and Bouchard is an unknown at the NHL level.  However, just imagine AA on McDavid's line, good Lord.

I don't think offense will be an issue going forward. We have Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Veleno, Zadina, and whoever we pick 6th overall again this year (we won't be getting Byram). That should be a solid top 6. Also, having defensemen that can push offense like Hronek, Cholowski and Bouchard should be a solid top 3... I like Athanasiou, but I don't see him as a full-time center, and top 3 defensemen >>> top 6 wingers.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:

To DET:

Who says no?

Holland. Definitely Holland.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To EDM:
Andreas Athanasiou

To DET:
Evan Bouchard

Who says no?

Both parties.

There are a number of AA-tier wingers that Holland could acquire without giving up his top D prospect, e.g. Panarin, Pirri, the aformentioned Kapanen.

On Yzerman's end, AA's trade value is probably at an all-time high right now and Bouchard is totally unproven at the NHL level. Do you trade a guy who just scored 30 goals for a defenseman who's played zero NHL games? Also, there's a decent chance AA becomes a monster on McDavid's or Draisaitl's wing, which means there's a decent chance the narrative becomes "Yzerman gets punk'd by the guy he pushed out of Detroit." So I'm thinking there'd at least have to be some conditions attached to the trade, e.g. "If Athanasio scores 30 goals and the Oilers make the 2020 playoffs, the Wings receive their 2020 1st."

Playing around with packages might lead to something. Maybe Holland indentifies Green as a guy who could really help bolster their blue line in anticipation of a deep playoff run.

Trade 1:

To EDM:

Mike Green and Darren Helm

to DET:

Milan Lucic

Trade 2:

to TPA

2019 2nd round pick (#35 overall)

to DET (Salary Dump)

Ryan Callahan, 2019 1st round pick #27 overall.

Trade 3:

to CAR

Evgeny Svechnikov

to DET

2019 2nd round pick (Carolina's)

UFA's

Erik Karlsson 5 years, $11M AAV

Pavel Datsyuk 1 year $4M

re-sign Witkowski. 2 yrs $750,000 AAV

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Do you trade a guy who just scored 30 goals for a defenseman who's played zero NHL games?

In this case, yes, I would. Maybe throw in a pick to offset the risk, but I wouldn't even need that to pull the trigger. 

I was advocating hard to go after Shea Theodore a few years ago, and I see Bouchard becoming a similar (maybe even better) defenseman as Theodore. 

Would you trade Athanasiou straight up for Theodore? I would, without thinking twice. And I'd do the same for Bouchard.

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade 1:

To EDM:

Mike Green and Darren Helm

to DET:

Milan Lucic

What the f*** man? Why would you want to trade for Lucic? The only way I'm taking that albatross contract is if Holland eats half his cap hit. Even then, he'd have to throw in a pick and / or prospect.

35 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade 2:

to TPA

2019 2nd round pick (#35 overall)

to DET (Salary Dump)

Ryan Callahan, 2019 1st round pick #27 overall.

I'm all for taking on Callahan's contract, but not just to move up 8 spots in the draft. Make that the Islander's 2nd round pick instead of ours, and it would be a good trade for both sides.

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade 3:

to CAR

Evgeny Svechnikov

to DET

2019 2nd round pick (Carolina's)

I wouldn't hate this trade, but also wouldn't mind seeing what Svech can do in training camp / preseason before shipping him out.

40 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

UFA's

Erik Karlsson 5 years, $11M AAV

Pavel Datsyuk 1 year $4M

re-sign Witkowski. 2 yrs $750,000 AAV

You know how I feel about the Karlsson signing. F*** that noise.

Datsyuk is reportedly signing with his hometown team.

I'm all for re-signing Witkowski to be the 13th forward / 7th defenseman.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In this case, yes, I would. Maybe throw in a pick to offset the risk, but I wouldn't even need that to pull the trigger. 

I was advocating hard to go after Shea Theodore a few years ago, and I see Bouchard becoming a similar (maybe even better) defenseman as Theodore. 

Would you trade Athanasiou straight up for Theodore? I would, without thinking twice. And I'd do the same for Bouchard.

Well, you know me, I'm an OG Bouchard booster, so I totally understand the Bouchard love.

Personally? I'd probably pull the trigger. I really doubt Holland would tho. The Oilers do desperately need a player who fits AA's profile, but I think Holland has a lot of options that don't involve trading Bouchard.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Dylan McIlrath - 2 years, 700K AAV (2-way contract)

If My dude would just skate all summer. Like pitch a tent on a practice rink, bring your grill, and just live on the ice all summer. Get that acceleration and foot work a lil better and he would be an absolutely beautiful 6th man.