• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

ECF- CAR vs. BOS

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Hopefully not.  Boston vs. San Jose is the better matchup for the league.  More storylines there.  

Yeah - west coast vs east coast thing...

I personally would like a Blues/Bruins Cup Final...Both teams are very similar.

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Sharks advancing benefits the Wings, so that's who I'm going for... 2020 conditional 3rd becomes a 2nd if San Jose make the Stanley Cup Finals (or Nyquist re-signs)...

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah, I can't stand either of them.  :)

Seriously, though, I don't hate the Blues as much as I used to.  They're not in our division anymore.  I don't go to college anymore where I was surrounded by Blues fans.  I'm still ticked off that San Jose was gifted that victory against Las Vegas.  I definitely don't want the Bruins to win.  I'm not the biggest fan of San Jose or St. Louis but don't hate either team.  Carolina is the team I'd least mind winning it, but I think they're a boring team and can't stand looking at their uniforms unless I have blurred vision.

The Red Wings better make the playoffs next season and make things interesting for us again.  Tired of watching other teams for the entire two months.    

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, I can't stand either of them.  :)

Seriously, though, I don't hate the Blues as much as I used to.  They're not in our division anymore.  I don't go to college anymore where I was surrounded by Blues fans.  I'm still ticked off that San Jose was gifted that victory against Las Vegas.  I definitely don't want the Bruins to win.  I'm not the biggest fan of San Jose or St. Louis but don't hate either team.  Carolina is the team I'd least mind winning it, but I think they're a boring team and can't stand looking at their uniforms unless I have blurred vision.

The Red Wings better make the playoffs next season and make things interesting for us again.  Tired of watching other teams for the entire two months.    

If you allow 4 goals on one penalty kill you dont deserve to win. Vegas choked hard. They lost a 3-1 series lead

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

If you allow 4 goals on one penalty kill you dont deserve to win. Vegas choked hard. They lost a 3-1 series lead

San Hosay didn't deserve it either.  They were gifted a fraudulent penalty, without which they wouldn't have gotten past the first round.

7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

San Hosay didn't deserve it either.  They were gifted a fraudulent penalty, without which they wouldn't have gotten past the first round.

Bad calls happen. They happen to every team. Dont give up 4 goals on your pk and you win the game. It's that simple. 

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

Bad calls happen. They happen to every team. Dont give up 4 goals on your pk and you win the game. It's that simple. 

Yup.

Hoping for a Western team this year. Neither have won it all. Both Eastern teams have. BTW who wins in a series between 2 teams who habitually underachieve and fall flat in the playoffs? 

3 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

100% agree. Let in 4 goals in 4 min, and even after that you still have an opportunity to score a goal in OT, its on you.

7 hours ago, gcom007 said:

Carolina gave that game away with two stupid and unnecessary penalties. At least they know they can skate with these guys now. Two days to get yelled at and hopefully a more disciplined effort and win Sunday.

And I really can’t stand Boston.

One of those calls was borderline. Bergeron also hit a Canes player from behind, no call. Can't blame the refs though for allowing those PP goals. Their D was all over the place, especially on the third and winning BOS goal, left all alone in front. The Canes had the lead and the momentum and lost it.

Only one game though, the Canes know they can skate with Boston..regroup and come out hard in Game 2, don't wanna go home down 2-0. 

On 5/9/2019 at 11:21 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yup.

Hoping for a Western team this year. Neither have won it all. Both Eastern teams have. BTW who wins in a series between 2 teams who habitually underachieve and fall flat in the playoffs? 

San Jose 

23 hours ago, kliq said:

100% agree. Let in 4 goals in 4 min, and even after that you still have an opportunity to score a goal in OT, its on you.

And then get scored on sh... nope no sympathy 

12 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What about San Hosay though?  

You capitalize on your opportunity, and hold it down when it works against you. Playoff hockey, it's all about how you deal with adversity 

On 5/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

San Jose was gifted nothing, the loss was on Vegas. 5 minute majors are a thing, it happens. If you are the better team you fight through it and you kill the penalty, even if they let in 2 they are sitting pretty! You let in 4 goals, you can't blame the refs. If Vegas played even half ass D during that PK, then they win. Kudos to SJ for taking advantage. 

Saying SJ was gifted a win is like saying the Wings were gifted a win in '02 when Cloutier let in the Lidstrom goal. Its sports, stuff happen. The good teams take advantage of situations, the bad teams are taken advantage of.

13 hours ago, kliq said:

San Jose was gifted nothing, the loss was on Vegas. 5 minute majors are a thing, it happens. If you are the better team you fight through it and you kill the penalty, even if they let in 2 they are sitting pretty! You let in 4 goals, you can't blame the refs. If Vegas played even half ass D during that PK, then they win. Kudos to SJ for taking advantage. 

Saying SJ was gifted a win is like saying the Wings were gifted a win in '02 when Cloutier let in the Lidstrom goal. Its sports, stuff happen. The good teams take advantage of situations, the bad teams are taken advantage of.

They were gifted a bogus five minute major, without which they wouldn't be in the second round.  Bad calls happen, but a 5 minute major on a bad call in the third period of a game 7 is pushing it.  I also don't remember seeing any conclusive evidence that Landeskog's skate was on the blue line in the game 7 against Colorado.  Maybe I missed it afterward but it was never shown during the broadcast.  If they win the Cup, there should be an asterisk next to it.   

The Cloutier play was a mistake by a player which turned the series.  I don't see that the same as a terrible call.  The effect may be the same but it's not the same thing.

Edited by GMRwings1983

8 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

They were gifted a bogus five minute major, without which they wouldn't be in the second round.  Bad calls happen, but a 5 minute major on a bad call in the third period of a game 7 is pushing it.  I also don't remember seeing any conclusive evidence that Landeskog's skate was on the blue line in the game 7 against Colorado.  Maybe I missed it afterward but it was never shown during the broadcast.  If they win the Cup, there should be an asterisk next to it.   

The Cloutier play was a mistake by a player which turned the series.  I don't see that the same as a terrible call.  The effect may be the same but it's not the same thing.

Gifted or not gifted the PP, SJ was not given 4 goals. Vegas kills that penalty, they win, end of story. Vegas deserved to loose.

Obviously the Vegas PK and the cloudier goal were not identical, however in both scenarios something fluky happened and in both scenarios the team that lost couldn’t recover from it which was on them, you can’t blame the team that took advantage. 

You want to put an “asterisk” next to it, then go do it to every cup winner ever. Every game has bad calls, you show me a game that was called to perfection. As long as it’s not a call that ends the game (ie. the Dallas/buffalo goal) then it’s fair game. Vegas needs to stop crying about a bad call, and they need to look in the mirror and see why they actually lost.

Edited by kliq

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its a 7 game series. One bad call doesnt determine the winner.

100% agree. I said this earlier, but the only time a call determines a series is if its a BS call to end the series. So for example, if a team "scores" in OT and its called a goal, but then its revealed the goal never went it, BUT they have safeguards with replay so that will never happen anyways.

How lucky is Boston that they didn't have to face Tampa Bay, Washington, or Pittsburgh to come out of the East?  I know all those teams lost, but the weak teams usually get exposed the further the playoffs last.  Columbus and Carolina were both wild card teams for a reason.  

This is the version of Mrazek that Detroit was willing to trade away.  Inconsistent and overplaying shooters too much.  

39 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

How lucky is Boston that they didn't have to face Tampa Bay, Washington, or Pittsburgh to come out of the East?  I know all those teams lost, but the weak teams usually get exposed the further the playoffs last.  Columbus and Carolina were both wild card teams for a reason.  

This is the version of Mrazek that Detroit was willing to trade away.  Inconsistent and overplaying shooters too much.  

Yeah, he's been jumping around more the last couple games, needs to settle the f*** down. Canes PK has been s*** though, allowed 4 goals on 7 kills, Boston 1 goal on 6. Every goalie is inconsistent at times, and every goalie blows games and series, from the elite on down. Vaz, Rinne, Bobrovsky, Holtby, Fleury have all done it. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mac get the Game 3 start over Mrazek if they lose this one, which seems nearly certain. 

Well, there's another one. 5-0. I'm done with this one. lol

WTF? 6-0? Dougie coughed er right up. Canes 0 for 4 on the PP this game now, 1 for 7 in two games. What a mess. lol