• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, so do you think that they will hold the lottery as the standings are then?

It depends on if the season is over or not... They could do something to make up a few games, in a few weeks time, like continue the schedule up until game 72, or something like that, to even the playing field... Of course, if they were to do that, or something similar, the April 9th draft lottery date would have to be pushed back a few weeks as well... Who knows, but the one thing they won't do, is just hand the Red Wings the number one overall pick...

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Rossi

Credible source:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

And Stutzle IS currently a winger. I know most scouts think he can play center at the NHL level but until he actually does, there's some reason for doubt. 

Before you two get yer quote boners on, I'm not dying on this sword and don't really give a s***. Just sayin

I wasn't being rhetorical with my original post.  I genuinely hadn't seen anyone suggest either of these guys wouldn't be centers.  In fact, most I've read said the exact opposite.  I appreciate the link to the article, though I don't know much about the author.

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I wasn't being rhetorical with my original post.  I genuinely hadn't seen anyone suggest either of these guys wouldn't be centers.  In fact, most I've read said the exact opposite.  I appreciate the link to the article, though I don't know much about the author.

Coolio.  For the record, I absolutely love both prospects regardless of position. 

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It depends on if the season is over or not... They could do something to make up a few games, in a few weeks time, like continue the schedule up until game 72, or something like that, to even the playing field... Of course, if they were to do that, or something similar, the April 9th draft lottery date would have to be pushed back a few weeks as well... Who knows, but the one thing they won't do, is just hand the Red Wings the number one overall pick...

They will if there is no lottery. To make it fair, there has to be one representative from each team present as well as league officials to oversee it. Having that many people in one room may not be feasible, so the league could just decide to cancel the lottery and award the 1st round picks based solely on record alone.

There would be teams crying about it, but the only teams who would have a real shot at #1 have all had lottery picks in recent drafts anyway, so I don't think any of them would have a legitimate gripe.

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

They will if there is no lottery. To make it fair, there has to be one representative from each team present as well as league officials to oversee it. Having that many people in one room may not be feasible, so the league could just decide to cancel the lottery and award the 1st round picks based solely on record alone.

There would be teams crying about it, but the only teams who would have a real shot at #1 have all had lottery picks in recent drafts anyway, so I don't think any of them would have a legitimate gripe.

Not gonna happen. 

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So this whole Coronavurus charade is really about the 1st draft pick. Stevie is king.

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Easy peasy in this day and age pop up a zoom, webex, etc other video service to be named. Everyone dials in and watches the balls drop into place including ours @ 4 Ottawa's @ 1 and 2 ...Habs @ 3 and so on and so forth

4 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Easy peasy in this day and age pop up a zoom, webex, etc other video service to be named. Everyone dials in and watches the balls drop into place including ours @ 4 Ottawa's @ 1 and 2 ...Habs @ 3 and so on and so forth

I thought of that, but I don't think that would be a tamper proof option. It just wouldnt be the same as being the room to ensure the validity of it. 

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not gonna happen...

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The lottery? I agree.

The draft lottery will take place, one way or another.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:03 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I thought of that, but I don't think that would be a tamper proof option. It just wouldnt be the same as being the room to ensure the validity of it. 

It would be better than the opaque method they use now...  I 100% believe it's rigged.  Maybe I'm a nutter, but the results always seem so "convenient"...  until corona when the draft was scheduled to be in Montreal I've been saying they would lotto the first pick... drafting a French Canadian kid in Montreal.  The league would want that story to push, the life long dream BS, etc.  I still think they may go that way, even if the draft isn't held in the usual manner to generate a 'good news story' out of the 2019-20 season.

It ultimately boils down to this, I have 0 trust in Bettman and Daly.

5 minutes ago, mackel said:

It would be better than the opaque method they use now...  I 100% believe it's rigged.  Maybe I'm a nutter, but the results always seem so "convenient"...  until corona when the draft was scheduled to be in Montreal I've been saying they would lotto the first pick... drafting a French Canadian kid in Montreal.  The league would want that story to push, the life long dream BS, etc.  I still think they may go that way, even if the draft isn't held in the usual manner to generate a 'good news story' out of the 2019-20 season.

It ultimately boils down to this, I have 0 trust in Bettman and Daly.

I don't think there's any fixing. EDM and BUF and FLA getting 1st overalls doesn't help the league in anyway.

Also, your best draft eligible player in a generation ends up in a small market in Western Canada? 

If there's a conspiracy, they aren't being very smart about it.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't think there's any fixing. EDM and BUF and FLA getting 1st overalls doesn't help the league in anyway.

Also, your best draft eligible player in a generation ends up in a small market in Western Canada? 

If there's a conspiracy, they aren't being very smart about it.

Pittsburgh getting Crosby to keep the team from moving

I think that was the eye-opener for most that the thing is definitely rigged.

Just look at the John Scott business where he got traded and sent to the AHL to keep him out of the all star game. If the league is willing to step in over small potatoes like that they are willing to rig lotteries.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pittsburgh getting Crosby to keep the team from moving

I think that was the eye-opener for most that the thing is definitely rigged.

Just look at the John Scott business where he got traded and sent to the AHL to keep him out of the all star game. If the league is willing to step in over small potatoes like that they are willing to rig lotteries.

Pitt tanked to get Crosby. You can't fix that.

And the John Scott thing was inconsequential. It was an All Star game that had no impact on the real games.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Pitt tanked to get Crosby. You can't fix that.

Detroit won/lost the same amount of games as Pitt in 04/05

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And the John Scott thing was inconsequential. It was an All Star game that had no impact on the real games.

If the Scott thing was so inconsequential why did the league bother getting involved?

Look around you. Everything's rigged. I'm rigged. Half the users on this board work for the FBI.
We're announcing the existence of aliens in September.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Detroit won/lost the same amount of games as Pitt in 04/05

If the Scott thing was so inconsequential why did the league bother getting involved?

Look around you. Everything's rigged. I'm rigged. Half the users on this board work for the FBI.
We're announcing the existence of aliens in September.

So if UFOs are really alien visitors from another planet, why do they need lights on the outside of their aircraft? Exterior aviation lighting is purely for the purpose of making yourself visible to other aircraft, and those on the ground and would serve no purpose in interstellar travel. And why needlessly make yourself visible, in the sky, at night, to the alien population you're visiting? It makes no sense. And I don't think an alien race capable of travelling light years thru space is that dumb.

TLDR; there are no aliens Mulder.