• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You thought Todd Nelson was still head coach of the Griffin's. That was too atrocious for me. 

I knew this would come back to haunt to me. All my opinions are rightly invalidated now that I name dropped the wrong coach. Find it in ur heart to spare m, please I ask god .

On 4/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I knew this would come back to haunt to me. All my opinions are rightly invalidated now that I name dropped the wrong coach. Find it in ur heart to spare m, please I ask god .

On 4/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, TLGTrico said:

Just ran tankathon 10 times.  Only fell to 4 3 times,but only stayed at 1 once.  Got 2nd 4 times and 3rd twice.

What makes me sick is that Detroit will fall and a team is 5% chance will get the #1 before Detroit stays there. Like this example, I ran it once and Detroit fell to 4, and Winnipeg (2.5% chance) got the #1.

Ran it 3 times, Ottawa won the 2nd time, but on the 3rd time, again Detroit fell to 4 and Winnipeg jumped 11 again to #1! How does that happen 2 out of 3 times with only a 2.5% chance of winning?

...as a matter of fact, on the 4th run, the exact same thing happened, then on the 5th run, Detroit fell to 4 again and Rangers jumped 12 spots to #1. 

I get it, that the lottery is just that, a game of chance, but how do teams with %18 change fall more often and teams with 2% chance win it 4 times before the 18% team even stays? If the real lottery is run similarly, this is why it is total BS!

27 times before Detroit stayed in the #1 spot, during that time MANY team won the lottery MULTIPLE TIMES, even Florida got it twice jumping 13 spots! Total garbage!

Edited by LeftWinger

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What makes me sick is that Detroit will fall and a team is 5% chance will get the #1 before Detroit stays there. Like this example, I ran it once and Detroit fell to 4, and Winnipeg (2.5% chance) got the #1.

Ran it 3 times, Ottawa won the 2nd time, but on the 3rd time, again Detroit fell to 4 and Winnipeg jumped 11 again to #1! How does that happen 2 out of 3 times with only a 2.5% chance of winning?

...as a matter of fact, on the 4th run, the exact same thing happened, then on the 5th run, Detroit fell to 4 again and Rangers jumped 12 spots to #1. 

I get it, that the lottery is just that, a game of chance, but how do teams with %18 change fall more often and teams with 2% chance win it 4 times before the 18% team even stays? If the real lottery is run similarly, this is why it is total BS!

27 times before Detroit stayed in the #1 spot, during that time MANY team won the lottery MULTIPLE TIMES, even Florida got it twice jumping 13 spots! Total garbage!

It's because your sample size is too damn small. If you run a simulator involving 15 teams odds of winning #1 27 times, your results will appear to be random at best. You run it 10,000 times and I can all but guarantee you that each team will on average finish where their odds are. 

This is like calling heads or tails bulls*** because you get heads four times in a row, despite 50/50 odds. 50/50 odds does not mean you'll see the two results alternate every toss. It means after 1000, you'll have seen heads and tails roughly the same number of times. 

44 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's because your sample size is too damn small. If you run a simulator involving 15 teams odds of winning #1 27 times, your results will appear to be random at best. You run it 10,000 times and I can all but guarantee you that each team will on average finish where their odds are. 

This is like calling heads or tails bulls*** because you get heads four times in a row, despite 50/50 odds. 50/50 odds does not mean you'll see the two results alternate every toss. It means after 1000, you'll have seen heads and tails roughly the same number of times. 

Yep. You have to expand the sample size -- by orders of magnitude. Ten runs tells you essentially nothing.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yep. You have to expand the sample size -- by orders of magnitude. Ten runs tells you essentially nothing.

Don't get me wrong I understand your point. Running it a crap load of times will get you closer to the results the actual odds suggest.

But the NHL doesn't run it 10,000 times. They run it once, and whatever goofy results you get is what is law.

So I will just piggyback on Lefty's comment and say yeah it's prolly gonna be pretty goofy my dude. One spin with that many odds in play is bound to get wonky. It's in gods hands now.

I've decided that Detroit's optimal draft position, for my entertainment, is 2nd.  I don't want Lafreniere, so drafting 2nd mean's he's likely off the board. But it's also an optimal position to trade back from.  And even if the Wings don't trade back, it'll still be interesting to see who they take a 2nd.

22 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Don't get me wrong I understand your point. Running it a crap load of times will get you closer to the results the actual odds suggest.

But the NHL doesn't run it 10,000 times. They run it once, and whatever goofy results you get is what is law.

So I will just piggyback on Lefty's comment and say yeah it's prolly gonna be pretty goofy my dude. One spin with that many odds in play is bound to get wonky. It's in gods hands now.

Isn't it some convoluted system where they generate four-digit numbers or something?

48 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Isn't it some convoluted system where they generate four-digit numbers or something?

Its done behind closed doors... so who knows what they **REALLY** do.  I don't trust that process whatsoever.

So I've talked to people on, like, five different platforms and I've gotten pity love from our direct lotto competition in each and every discussion.

Sens fan on Reddit: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do"

Kings fan on Twitter: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

Sharks fan on Facebook: "Kill me now. Please. I'm begging you. I live in unceasing agony. Put me out of my misery. Please. I can't do this anymore."

Ducks fan on HFB: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

Devils fan on 4chan: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

We've done it, lads. We've become That Team.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

So I've talked to people on, like, five different platforms and I've gotten pity love from our direct lotto competition in each and every discussion.

Sens fan on Reddit: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do"

Kings fan on Twitter: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

Sharks fan on Facebook: "Kill me now. Please. I'm begging you. I live in unceasing agony. Put me out of my misery. Please. I can't do this anymore."

Ducks fan on HFB: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

Devils fan on 4chan: "Honestly, the league should just rig it for Detroit. They need Lafreniere way more than we do."

Fake

Reddit: "The league is not rigged sweetie, you're parroting fash propaganda from Russian troll farms. EDIT: THANKS FOR THE GOLD KIND STRANGER!"

Twitter: "RT @BobMckenzieTSN Lafreniere will be at the top of Yzerman's draft list #RedWings"

Facebook: "WHY IS THIS ON MY PAGE? I AM NOT ALEXIS. DABURA cousin anna from springdale writing to tell you uncle Thomas is having trouble walking again. We have gotten him an aid... PRAYERS AND TALK SOON" *cute minion meme*

HFB: "I've personally been watching Lafreniere since he started in the QBAAA at 13 years old and I assure you that Pronman is entirely misguided in his perception... [38 pages later]"

4Chan: "thinkin bout benis"

But yeah. We're that cringe bad team.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

So multiple people said exactly the same using the exact same words? When did you become a mainstream journalist?