• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grimace1970

Blash replacement story

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, grimace1970 said:

Gross. Maybe Keefe. But a hell no to Bylsma and Boucher.

In all honestly I'd like to see us stick with Blash if there aren't many options out there. 

14 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Gross. Maybe Keefe. But a hell no to Bylsma and Boucher.

In all honestly I'd like to see us stick with Blash if there aren't many options out there. 

I'd take Keefe. Just to troll all the Leafs slappies who are wet-dreaming about him replacing Babcock when he eventually gets fired. 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:13 PM, marcaractac said:

I'm not against the idea of seeing what Blash could to with some talent beyond just one line. 

I used to think this, but I've lost faith tbh. I don't really care if he finishes out this year but he should definitely be gone next year assuming there's a viable option available to replace him. This isn't a bad roster playing like a well coached team. It's a bad roster playing like a poorly coached team.

If anything the team just needs a change, at this rate whatever embers remain of our "culture of winning" are going to be entirely snuffed out. Then voila, you fall into the Edmonton pit. 

9 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I used to think this, but I've lost faith tbh. I don't really care if he finishes out this year but he should definitely be gone next year assuming there's a viable option available to replace him. This isn't a bad roster playing like a well coached team. It's a bad roster playing like a poorly coached team.

If anything the team just needs a change, at this rate whatever embers remain of our "culture of winning" are going to be entirely snuffed out. Then voila, you fall into the Edmonton pit. 

I tend to agree.

Unfortunately after stints like this, the coach is the first to go. That's the nature of the business.

It might not even be Blashill's fault, but you do it with hopes of reinvigorating the team. This exact coaching change formula was on full display last year with STL.

At the end of the day, Blash is just a baby sitter like most coaches. It's not going to hurt us to fire him. Worst case scenario is more of the same.

To be a dickhead, I do find it amusing that everyone was stoked to replace Babs with Blash, and now less than 4 years later the fan base is deciding "fresh voice" Blash maybe wasn't as hot as everyone thought he was...toldyasotoldyasotoldyaso

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

To be a dickhead, I do find it amusing that everyone was stoked to replace Babs with Blash, and now less than 4 years later the fan base is deciding "fresh voice" Blash maybe wasn't as hot as everyone thought he was...toldyasotoldyasotoldyaso

This is not a "told ya so" moment at all... Up until this recent stretch here, Blashill has gotten as much as you could reasonably expect from the roster he's been given. He's made some terrible personnel decisions over his tenure, every coach does (in the eyes of fans), but Babcock would have been even worse. You even said yourself, Babcock would probably still have Abdelkader and Glendening in the top six. Babcock is highly overrated. Blashill is highly underrated (especially by Wings fans). At least until he's let go after this season and is immediately hired and does well with another NHL team.

Blashill is not the problem with this team. Unfortunately for him, like mentioned, he'll likely be the one to take the fall though. If this continues, rightfully so.

I have a feeling that many, many in this organization are going to feel the wrath of Stevie this season.  By "wrath", I mean gone.  Per this thread, this organization is broken or weak in almost every aspect - top to bottom.  IMO -Stevie is a winner and he won't simply watch this season go down the road it has been going.  I know he's preached patience, and rebuilding "will take time", but if I were with the Wings organization, my head would be on a swivel.  This guy hates to lose, and not only hates to lose, the Wings are embarrassing (for Wings and Wings fans standards)...this just isn't going to fly for long.  I've said it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some major player, coach, and front office moves this year.  Likely some player moves that are surprising as we believed said player was a part of our "core" or future.  More specifically, and not saying I'd be against this move, but many Wings fans I've talked to believe AA is a part of our "core" and future.  Not sure if agree with that but If rumors are true about AA and him having a bit of an attitude and "me first" mentality....HE GONE!

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This is not a "told ya so" moment at all... Up until this recent stretch here, Blashill has gotten as much as you could reasonably expect from the roster he's been given.

Did he though...?

but Babcock would have been even worse. You even said yourself, Babcock would probably still have Abdelkader and Glendening in the top six.

Disagree. My Babs lineup was more of a joke if anything. I think he may have Gelndog in the top 6 still, but as would I at this point.

Babcock is highly overrated. Blashill is highly underrated (especially by Wings fans).

I literally believe the exact opposite.

At least until he's let go after this season and is immediately hired and does well with another NHL team.

Hired by another team, yes. Does well, I sincerely doubt.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did he though...?

Disagree. My Babs lineup was more of a joke if anything. I think he may have Gelndog in the top 6 still, but as would I at this point.

I literally believe the exact opposite.

Hired by another team, yes. Does well, I sincerely doubt.

I agree. He'll be another Bylsma.

This is not a "told ya so" moment at all... Up until this recent stretch here, Blashill has gotten as much as you could reasonably expect from the roster he's been given. He's made some terrible personnel decisions over his tenure, every coach does (in the eyes of fans), but Babcock would have been even worse. You even said yourself, Babcock would probably still have Abdelkader and Glendening in the top six. Babcock is highly overrated. Blashill is highly underrated (especially by Wings fans). At least until he's let go after this season and is immediately hired and does well with another NHL team.

Blashill is not the problem with this team. Unfortunately for him, like mentioned, he'll likely be the one to take the fall though. If this continues, rightfully so.

We’ve seen this same basic team play all over the map. They’re fantastic one day and absolutely wretched the next. What we haven’t seen is even a modicum of consistency in balancing out those two extremes, and a lot of slop on the fundamentals side. I don’t know how you can’t look at the coach and question what he’s done.

And when you start getting blown out consistently like we are now...

I don’t think he’s been dealt the best hand at all, but as I said when he came up and I’ll say again now, “he won at every level” doesn’t really mean s*** once you’ve made the NHL. It’s a whole new world and everyone that makes it has pretty much won at every level. Not everyone lasts. I’m not saying Blash is going to be out of the league, but just as I was when he came up, I remain unconvinced that he’ll be successful at the NHL level. You’ve got to prove it first, because again, the whole “he’s won at every level” line is pert near worthless once you make it to the NHL.

And Babcock is not overrated.  

Edited by gcom007

26 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

We’ve seen this same basic team play all over the map. They’re fantastic one day and absolutely wretched the next. What we haven’t seen is even a modicum of consistency in balancing out those two extremes, and a lot of slop on the fundamentals side. I don’t know how you can’t look at the coach and question what he’s done.

I don’t think he’s been dealt the best hand at all, but as I said when he came up and I’ll say again now, “he won at every level” doesn’t really mean s*** once you’ve made the NHL. It’s a whole new world and everyone that makes it has pretty much won at every level. Not everyone lasts. I’m not saying Blash is going to be out of the league, but just as I was when he came up, I remain unconvinced that he’ll be successful at the NHL level. You’ve got to prove it first, because again, the whole “he’s won at every level” line is pert near worthless once you make it to the NHL.

Amd Babcock is not overrated.  

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except the bolded... Babcock is the most overrated coach in hockey. It's not even close. Ask any Leafs fan... Blashill isn't doing s*** with this roster, but even Scotty Bowman wouldn't do much better. Babcock actually has a top team on paper, but can't get them to perform up to the level they should be playing with. Blash is definitely on the hot seat, but so is Babs...

I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman rides Blashill to (hopefully) a top lottery pick, but I also wouldn't be that surprised if this level of play keeps up (getting smoked every game), he gets canned before Christmas...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman rides Blashill to (hopefully) a top lottery pick, but I also wouldn't be that surprised if this level of play keeps up (getting smoked every game), he gets canned before Christmas...

I said in July that Yzerman was probably hoping to tighten up the GAA by signing a stay-at-homer in Nemeth and a good two-way guy in Filpulla. The he traded for Erne and I thought "he wants to also be harder to play against" lol

This season couldn't be anything more opposite. Gotta think that bothers Yzerman a bit. 

40 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

And Babcock is not overrated.  

You lost me at modicum.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except the bolded... Babcock is the most overrated coach in hockey. It's not even close. Ask any Leafs fan... Blashill isn't doing s*** with this roster, but even Scotty Bowman wouldn't do much better. Babcock actually has a top team on paper, but can't get them to perform up to the level they should be playing with. Blash is definitely on the hot seat, but so is Babs...

No matter how you word it or phrase it, Babs will always be in the mix for top5 or top10 coaches in the league.

Blashill is never in that conversation.

That's the difference.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No matter how you word it or phrase it, Babs will always be in the mix for top5 or top10 coaches in the league.

Blashill is never in that conversation.

That's the difference.

Babcock is probably in the mix for top 3 coaches in the league... because he's THAT overrated...

I'm not, nor have I ever said that I think Blashill is a better coach than Babcock. He's probably not. That doesn't change the fact that a coaches voice getting tuned out after some time is a real thing. Which is probably what's currently happening with Blashill as well.

I still wouldn't want Babcock back over Blashill though. Babcock is an arrogant prick, and always thinks he's the smartest person in the room (he's not)... He also values grit and try-hards over skill. Wings fans wanted him gone toward the end of his tenure, and now Leafs fans want him gone (possibly getting toward the end of his tenure). He will always have work in the NHL though, for two reasons 1) past accomplishments (mostly International) and 2) old boys club...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Babcock is probably in the mix for top 3 coaches in the league... because he's THAT overrated...

I'm not, nor have I ever said that I think Blashill is a better coach than Babcock. He's probably not. That doesn't change the fact that a coaches voice getting tuned out after some time is a real thing. Which is probably what's currently happening with Blashill as well.

I still wouldn't want Babcock back over Blashill though. Babcock is an arrogant prick, and always thinks he's the smartest person in the room (he's not)... He also values grit and try-hards over skill. Wings fans wanted him gone toward the end of his tenure, and now Leafs fans want him gone (possibly getting toward the end of his tenure). He will always have work in the NHL though, for two reasons 1) past accomplishments (mostly International) and 2) old boys club...

I think this team would have done better with an overrated stale god tier coach like Babs, than a fresh roided up college/AHL coach like Blash.

Leafs could win 3 cups in a row and they would want to fire their coach

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think this team would have done better with an overrated stale god tier coach like Babs, than a fresh roided up college/AHL coach like Blash.

"god tier"... You're right. He's not overrated at all... :lol:

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Leafs could win 3 cups in a row and they would want to fire their coach

Maybe true, but I'd want the coach fired too if we had a roster as stacked as the Leafs, but unable to get past the 1st round... If the Leafs drop in the 1st round again this season, Babs will either be fired or killed...

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lmao you pathetic babs haters never fail to make me laugh with your coaching threads

Face it, babs will be infinitely more successful than any of you sad virgins ever will be. You are on the wrong side of history, get over it losers

muh 200 foot game

muh everydayers

muh olympic gold

muh stephen weiss