• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/10 SPOILERS GDT - Senators @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET (NHLN)

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I simply do not believe Wings will ever get the first pick.  NHL will find a way to deny it, no matter what... I don't even consider it a possibility.  I am too realistic.

How is thinking the league has it out for the Red Wings at all "realistic"?...

I can't really get behind the conspiracy stuff either, it's a new era and the Wings aren't a stacked dynasty anymore. Even as a last place team, attendance is still high and it's one of the higher revenue teams in the NHL. There isn't some underlying scheme out to get them and setting them up to fail. If it were the NFL I may entertain that idea a bit more. 

47 minutes ago, mackel said:

Nielson in the shootout?  And people defend this coach? Wowzers.

Umm, yeah. Cuz he's actually good at it.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

How is thinking the league has it out for the Red Wings at all "realistic"?...

Doesnt have to be a league conspiracy. Could just be bad luck. Either way, its bitten us in the arse for a couple of drafts. Why expect anything different?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesnt have to be a league conspiracy. Could just be bad luck. Either way, its bitten us in the arse for a couple of drafts. Why expect anything different?

Historically yes BUT his game has fallen off a cliff... That's a spot to field test someone else.

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I didn't see the game, but it sounds as though Bernier might have some trade value if he keeps playing like he has.

If he keeps playing this way, absolutely. We're winning lately (won 3 of our last 5, I believe) largely because we're getting pretty solid goaltending from him. IMO.

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No, he's not. He used to be good. The past two seasons he's been awful. 1 for the past 9 is not good enough to be the go to guy in shootouts.

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because of the law of averages... If you flipped a coin x number of times, and every time it was heads, would you expect it to continue landing heads, or would you expect it to eventually land tails?

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No, he's not. He used to be good. The past two seasons he's been awful. 1 for the past 9 is not good enough to be the go to guy in shootouts.

Because of the law of averages... If you flipped a coin x number of times, and every time it was heads, would you expect it to continue landing heads, or would you expect it to eventually land tails?

You could flip a coin 100 times and get heads. That 101 flip is still 50/50.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You're still more likely to move back then move up, I believe. Overwhelmingly so if ur picking first overall. We are more likely to move back again this year, so why expect anything different?

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You could flip a coin 100 times and get heads. That 101 flip is still 50/50.

You're right that it's 50/50 every time, which is precisely why it's virtually impossible to flip a coin heads 100 times in a row. Unless you have a double-sided or weighted coin, or some other trickery, it's bound to even out over time.

Regardless, my point was, you can't expect past "bad luck" to influence future "luck".

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're still more likely to move back then move up, I believe. Overwhelmingly so if ur picking first overall. We are more likely to move back again this year, so why expect anything different?

Because I choose to believe we're due a little good luck. I'm aware of the odds, and I know we're more likely to drop back, but I want to believe for once, we'll have a little luck on our side... May be foolish, but whatever...

46 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He also scored 2 goals the previous game. Aren't you the one always advocating for using the guys who deserve it?

I wasn't the one that said Neilsen shouldn't have shot (although he wouldn't be up until at least 4 or 5 for me). That was mackel. You said he shot because he's good at it. He's not. He used to be, but just like the rest of his game, his shootout prowess has gone off a cliff the past year or so. I also have no problem with rewarding a player for scoring two the previous game, but Nielsen should not be a go to guy in the shootout anymore.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I wasn't the one that said Neilsen shouldn't have shot (although he wouldn't be up until at least 4 or 5 for me). That was mackel. You said he shot because he's good at it. He's not. He used to be, but just like the rest of his game, his shootout prowess has gone off a cliff the past year or so. I also have no problem with rewarding a player for scoring two the previous game, but Nielsen should not be a go to guy in the shootout anymore.

Now that is how you make a fair rebuttal.