• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mackel said:

Saw this in Instagram probably about as accurate as Fox "news".

20200912_214011.jpg

Well, there could actually be something there, since JD Burke was the first to "rumour" the "rumblings" of Seider to Detroit, leading up to last year's draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well, there could actually be something there, since JD Burke was the first to "rumour" the "rumblings" of Seider to Detroit, leading up to last year's draft.

If true, we only have the play of Heiskanen, Maker, Theodore, and Hughes to thank for a shot at Byfield or Stutzle. 

Which also begs the question: why aren't we more excited about Drysdale at 4? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If true, we only have the play of Heiskanen, Maker, Theodore, and Hughes to thank for a shot at Byfield or Stutzle. 

Which also begs the question: why aren't we more excited about Drysdale at 4? 

1. Because RD is something we already have in abundance.

2. The top of next year's draft is D heavy.

4 hours ago, mackel said:

Saw this in Instagram probably about as accurate as Fox "news".

 

20200912_214011.jpg

It's not "orange man bad" or "rioting is a peaceful form of protest", so it must be fake news.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If true, we only have the play of Heiskanen, Maker, Theodore, and Hughes to thank for a shot at Byfield or Stutzle. 

Which also begs the question: why aren't we more excited about Drysdale at 4? 

For me, I just believe there are better players available in the top 4. I wouldn't hate if we picked Drysdale, because he would immediately become our top prospect, but no matter how the top three shakes out, there will be at least one or two forwards I like more at 4th overall.

There's talk about every player outside of Lafreniere potentially being available at 4th overall. It's unlikely that Byfield drops, but he would be my first choice. Same goes for Stutzel, being my second choice. If that's the top 3 though, I'd still be leaning Raymond at 4. If it's none of those players, I'd have equal amount of intrigue / excitement / concern with Perfetti, Rossi, Holtz, Drysdale (in no particular order). Anyone outside of those guys, I'd have varying levels of disappointment...

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Because RD is something we already have in abundance.

2. The top of next year's draft is D heavy.

Definitely things to consider, but neither should be a determining factor. Always take best player available, regardless of "need".

If Yzerman believes Drysdale is the best player available, he should pick him. He shouldn't pass on him just because he feels we already have our top four right side in Hronek and Seider. Or just because next year's draft is loaded with high end defensemen.

I'd argue that our biggest need is a right-handed sniper to flank the left side of our power-play, opposite Mantha / Zadina. However, Yzerman shouldn't reach for a player like Holtz to fill that spot, unless he and his scouts believe he's the best player available at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If LA does not take Drysdale at 2, then Ottawa will take him at 3. Ottawa will take him because to keep Detroit from taking him, then Ottawa will select Best Forward available at 5.

 

We will have available to us, one of Byfield or Stutzle. BUT is Yzerman going to go with what HE wants? Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond? 

re: Raymond, some folks have him going in the top 3. What if it goes down like: LAF, Drysdale, Raymond? Which one of Byfield or Stutzle would you prefer?

also, Bob Mac has Stutzle ranked #2 in his final rankings, if LA or Ottawa each take one of Stutzle and Drysdale, do you automatically pick Byfield, or is the fact that a 17 year old Raymond played in a MAN's league all year in Sweden (and did quite well for himself) make you look at him twice?

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-lafreniere-tops-tsn-hockey-insider-bob-mckenzie-s-final-draft-rankings-1.1488269

If we drafted according to his list, we'd have:

Drysdale, Helge Grans, William Cuylle, Brock Faber, Maxim Groshev, Brandon Coe in the first 3 rounds. I do not know much about anyone really outside of the top 10-15, but maybe some of you do? Does this look like a successful 3 rounds?

also, if there was a deal out there to get another pick in the top 10, (Mantha package) who would you select? Would you go for Askarov?  or If you chose Offense at 4, would you go with the defensman Sanderson or another forward if not taking Askarov? Or maybe would you prefer to trade in to the 10-15 range and just take Askarov? Would you trade Mantha for the chance at Askarov?

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If LA does not take Drysdale at 2, then Ottawa will take him at 3. Ottawa will take him because to keep Detroit from taking him, then Ottawa will select Best Forward available at 5.

 

We will have available to us, one of Byfield or Stutzle. BUT is Yzerman going to go with what HE wants? Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond? 

re: Raymond, some folks have him going in the top 3. What if it goes down like: LAF, Drysdale, Raymond? Which one of Byfield or Stutzle would you prefer?

also, Bob Mac has Stutzle ranked #2 in his final rankings, if LA or Ottawa each take one of Stutzle and Drysdale, do you automatically pick Byfield, or is the fact that a 17 year old Raymond played in a MAN's league all year in Sweden (and did quite well for himself) make you look at him twice?

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-lafreniere-tops-tsn-hockey-insider-bob-mckenzie-s-final-draft-rankings-1.1488269

If we drafted according to his list, we'd have:

Drysdale, Helge Grans, William Cuylle, Brock Faber, Maxim Groshev, Brandon Coe in the first 3 rounds. I do not know much about anyone really outside of the top 10-15, but maybe some of you do? Does this look like a successful 3 rounds?

also, if there was a deal out there to get another pick in the top 10, (Mantha package) who would you select? Would you go for Askarov?  or If you chose Offense at 4, would you go with the defensman Sanderson or another forward if not taking Askarov? Or maybe would you prefer to trade in to the 10-15 range and just take Askarov? Would you trade Mantha for the chance at Askarov?

I'd love to have a trade in place and if he's selected be able to back out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

What if it goes down like: LAF, Drysdale, Raymond? Which one of Byfield or Stutzle would you prefer?

I'd say there's a decent chance one of Byfield or Stuzle falls to 4, but no way they both do. If we were at 2, it would be a tough choice, but I think I'd have to take Byfield, as tempting as the Seider - Stutzle bromance would be.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

also, Bob Mac has Stutzle ranked #2 in his final rankings, if LA or Ottawa each take one of Stutzle and Drysdale, do you automatically pick Byfield, or is the fact that a 17 year old Raymond played in a MAN's league all year in Sweden (and did quite well for himself) make you look at him twice?

Yes, if by some miracle Byfield drops to 4, you take him. Don't overthink it. I'm as high as anyone on Raymond, but Byfield probably has the highest ceiling and floor of any player in this draft. 

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

also, if there was a deal out there to get another pick in the top 10, (Mantha package) who would you select? Would you go for Askarov?  or If you chose Offense at 4, would you go with the defensman Sanderson or another forward if not taking Askarov? Or maybe would you prefer to trade in to the 10-15 range and just take Askarov? Would you trade Mantha for the chance at Askarov?

If we're trading Mantha for a pick in the 10 range, there better be an elite prospect coming along with it.

I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't take Askarov anywhere near the top 10. 20, maybe, but even then, probably not.

If we were to get another pick in the first round, the 4th overall pick shouldn't have any barring on the type of player we choose with the later pick. Always BPA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd say there's a decent chance one of Byfield or Stuzle falls to 4, but no way they both do. If we were at 2, it would be a tough choice, but I think I'd have to take Byfield, as tempting as the Seider - Stutzle bromance would be.

Yes, if by some miracle Byfield drops to 4, you take him. Don't overthink it. I'm as high as anyone on Raymond, but Byfield probably has the highest ceiling and floor of any player in this draft. 

If we're trading Mantha for a pick in the 10 range, there better be an elite prospect coming along with it.

I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't take Askarov anywhere near the top 10. 20, maybe, but even then, probably not.

If we were to get another pick in the first round, the 4th overall pick shouldn't have any barring on the type of player we choose with the later pick. Always BPA.

Mantha isnt that good. Just a heads up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

For me, I just believe there are better players available in the top 4. I wouldn't hate if we picked Drysdale, because he would immediately become our top prospect

Immediately become our top prospect? U really have clue how good Seider is do you? Ur takes are bad and sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Immediately become our top prospect? U really have clue how good Seider is do you? Ur takes are bad and sad. 

YOU really have no clue how good Seider is. Seider will be graduated, therefore no longer be a prospect. Kidding aside, I agree. I'm not convinced Drysdale will be a better prospect than Seider (maybe), but I do think there will be better prospects available at 4 than Seider. I think Stutzle would be considered a better prospect than Seider. I also think Raymond or Rossi could be right there with him as well.

Either way, we need to hit big on this pick. I hope Yzerman takes one of Stutzle or Raymond (assuming Byfield doesn't drop to us)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Immediately become our top prospect? U really have clue how good Seider is do you? Ur takes are bad and sad. 

Seider will no longer be a prospect when he makes the team next season, dumb dumb.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:53 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

If true, we only have the play of Heiskanen, Maker, Theodore, and Hughes to thank for a shot at Byfield or Stutzle. 

Which also begs the question: why aren't we more excited about Drysdale at 4? 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Seider will no longer be a prospect when he makes the team next season, dumb dumb.

> "I wouldn't hate if we picked Drysdale, because he would immediately become our top prospect"

Last I checked the draft is before the start of next season. Both are still prospects... dumb dumb.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

@ChristopherReevesLegs, are there any prospects in this draft that could potentially be available at 4th overall (not including Lafreniere / Byfield), that you think would immediately become our top prospect (above Seider)?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, town123 said:

The Sens also have a sliding attendance going back for five years now.   They need to get to the cap floor, but, I think they might shoot themselves in the foot by really over paying one or two guys to come to Ottawa..  I hope they're dumb and desperate, that can only help us.

Well no ones going ro games now so it doesnt matter , theyll try and hit the bottom floor and they have tons of cap room to get there and can easily take in a ton of bad contracts for great assets since they have so many young good forwards that are basically costing nothing

yzerman needs to jump the gun and get those bad contracts now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well no ones going ro games now so it doesnt matter , theyll try and hit the bottom floor and they have tons of cap room to get there and can easily take in a ton of bad contracts for great assets since they have so many young good forwards that are basically costing nothing

yzerman needs to jump the gun and get those bad contracts now

Does anyone actually think that Eugene Melnyk is going to willingly spend money on bad players on terrible contracts though? I have my doubts, since he's not willing to spend money on good players on reasonable contracts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, LeftWinger said:

If LA does not take Drysdale at 2, then Ottawa will take him at 3. Ottawa will take him because to keep Detroit from taking him, then Ottawa will select Best Forward available at 5.

 

We will have available to us, one of Byfield or Stutzle. BUT is Yzerman going to go with what HE wants? Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond? 

re: Raymond, some folks have him going in the top 3. What if it goes down like: LAF, Drysdale, Raymond? Which one of Byfield or Stutzle would you prefer?

also, Bob Mac has Stutzle ranked #2 in his final rankings, if LA or Ottawa each take one of Stutzle and Drysdale, do you automatically pick Byfield, or is the fact that a 17 year old Raymond played in a MAN's league all year in Sweden (and did quite well for himself) make you look at him twice?

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-lafreniere-tops-tsn-hockey-insider-bob-mckenzie-s-final-draft-rankings-1.1488269

If we drafted according to his list, we'd have:

Drysdale, Helge Grans, William Cuylle, Brock Faber, Maxim Groshev, Brandon Coe in the first 3 rounds. I do not know much about anyone really outside of the top 10-15, but maybe some of you do? Does this look like a successful 3 rounds?

also, if there was a deal out there to get another pick in the top 10, (Mantha package) who would you select? Would you go for Askarov?  or If you chose Offense at 4, would you go with the defensman Sanderson or another forward if not taking Askarov? Or maybe would you prefer to trade in to the 10-15 range and just take Askarov? Would you trade Mantha for the chance at Askarov?

If Byfield is available at 3, Ottawa should take him. Even if Detroit takes Drysdale at 4, they can still take Sanderson at 5, who I have seen ranked just behind Drysdale.

IMO, Byfield + Sanderson > Drysdale + any of the forwards left.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Does anyone actually think that Eugene Melnyk is going to willingly spend money on bad players on terrible contracts though? I have my doubts, since he's not willing to spend money on good players on reasonable contracts...

He will if he needs to get to the cap minimum and he gets assets along with those contracts.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No

More like: CRL if the Wings get lucky and they can draft any player, will that player than be a better prospect than Seider?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Does anyone actually think that Eugene Melnyk is going to willingly spend money on bad players on terrible contracts though? I have my doubts, since he's not willing to spend money on good players on reasonable contracts...

Messed up when i looked at the sens at capfriendly with next years cap

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

 

Even then the guys they will resign will cost peanuts and they can easily add an eriksson to reach the bottom cap for two years and add assets , they have tons of good young cheap guys now and coming up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

More like: CRL if the Wings get lucky and they can draft any player, will that player than be a better prospect than Seider?

Mock my endorsement of seider. I encourage it. I said he was the best Dman going into that draft. I not only still believe that, but i now believe hes the best dman not named miro heiskanen. This is a multi norris winner thru and thru. U should be as excited as i. This is the first and only real building block to a future powerhouse we have. Our other prospects are garbage in comparison. Seiders gap control, positioning, ability to read the play, and ability to take over the game is out of control. This is the closest we have to a lidstrom. We all should be very excited. This is a 40 pt all situations dman who can eat 30 minutes a night. A stallion. Get ur lotion and ur tissues ready u degenerate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Does anyone actually think that Eugene Melnyk is going to willingly spend money on bad players on terrible contracts though? I have my doubts, since he's not willing to spend money on good players on reasonable contracts...

 

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Messed up when i looked at the sens at capfriendly with next years cap

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

 

Even then the guys they will resign will cost peanuts and they can easily add an eriksson to reach the bottom cap for two years and add assets , they have tons of good young cheap guys now and coming up

 

Its been reported some teams will have internal cap ceilings next year. Ottawa guaranteed to be among them.

Talks also about how there is ownership in the NHL who is looking to sell their franchises. Again Ottawa probably in that group.

The NHL(unlike, say, the NFL) relies heavily on attendence for revenue. Whats the look out for next season right now? Only 62 games? Thats a 25 percent drop in ticket sales. And probably huge drops in merch sales and other gameday related revenue. And thats if there will be any fans in the arenas at all.

I really hope Chris Ilitch sees this as an opportunity to make us stronger for the future and to not put financial restraints on Yzerman!

Many teams out there that have the capspace to weaponize but maybe can't because ownership wont let them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

 

Its been reported some teams will have internal cap ceilings next year. Ottawa guaranteed to be among them.

Talks also about how there is ownership in the NHL who is looking to sell their franchises. Again Ottawa probably in that group.

The NHL(unlike, say, the NFL) relies heavily on attendence for revenue. Whats the look out for next season right now? Only 62 games? Thats a 25 percent drop in ticket sales. And probably huge drops in merch sales and other gameday related revenue. And thats if there will be any fans in the arenas at all.

I really hope Chris Ilitch sees this as an opportunity to make us stronger for the future and to not put financial restraints on Yzerman!

Many teams out there that have the capspace to weaponize but maybe can't because ownership wont let them.

 

Ottawa still has like 20 million to hit the floor cap and a bunch of guys will be signed to 1 mill and under ... they can easily take on a bad contract or two 

and yes the redwings need to maximize the cap space they have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mock my endorsement of seider. I encourage it. I said he was the best Dman going into that draft. I not only still believe that, but i now believe hes the best dman not named miro heiskanen. This is a multi norris winner thru and thru. U should be as excited as i. This is the first and only real building block to a future powerhouse we have. Our other prospects are garbage in comparison. Seiders gap control, positioning, ability to read the play, and ability to take over the game is out of control. This is the closest we have to a lidstrom. We all should be very excited. This is a 40 pt all situations dman who can eat 30 minutes a night. A stallion. Get ur lotion and ur tissues ready u degenerate.

I am excited for the kid. Just not to the point where I need lotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If Byfield is available at 3, Ottawa should take him. Even if Detroit takes Drysdale at 4, they can still take Sanderson at 5, who I have seen ranked just behind Drysdale.

 

yes, the rise of Sanderson has seriously made the chance of many changes in the top three less likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now