svechnikov gagner ryan

helm filppula glendening

timashov

erne/nielsen (waived,bought out)

if tb pays the 1st ++ to  get rid of johnson

Fabbri johnson zadina

svechnikov namestnikov ryan

get rid of one of helm/filppula/glendening

it wouldnt shock me if yzerman added another forward or especially dman ... i think rasmussen etc...will all play over seasons or ahl this season

dekeyser hronek

staal stecher

nemeth merrill

biega .... can see us adding someone if hes willing to let cholowski stay down one last season otherwise he comes up and rotates games with staal/merrill ... cant see those two being counted on to play a full season and biega should be in the ahl

5 hours ago, mackel said:

I think any hope of being competitive is down the drain when we remember Blashill is still the coach...  that's the ultimate tank insurance. 

I think Blash is fine as an instructional, x's and o's coach. Where I think he's lacking is keeping his players motivated and playing hard. I think he's lost the locker room more than once.

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

1. Except it did go against what Yzerman said.

2.You know this definitively based on all the center he's played?

1. No it didn't. Fabbri has been a middle six winger under Yzerman.

2. I could ask you the same question. 

22 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bertuzzi larkin mantha

fabbri namestnikov zadina

svechnikov gagner ryan

helm filppula glendening

timashov

erne/nielsen (waived,bought out)

I think Ryan will be up in the top six, and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets looks on the top line with Larkin.

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im sure he’ll get a look but i cant see him being ahead of zadina/mantha unless we switch one to the wing and fabbri drops to the 3rd 

This is what I see happening, and like I mentioned, Fabbri may get a look as the 3C, depending on what happens with the old, washed up Nielsen and Filppula.

1 minute ago, ChadBergevin said:

What debate is this? Fabbri clearly slides back to wing with the namestnikov addition. In the top 6. Niel and Fil and Glendog and Helm can more than handle bottom 6 C duties u weiners 

Uh. But Yzerman said "Fabbri center" one day so git fukt 

6 hours ago, ChadBergevin said:

What debate is this? Fabbri clearly slides back to wing with the namestnikov addition. In the top 6. Niel and Fil and Glendog and Helm can more than handle bottom 6 C duties u weiners 

That's if all of those guys are still here and healthy all season...

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Uh. But Yzerman said "Fabbri center" one day so git fukt 

Why would we completely dismiss what the general manager has said?

I've said from the beginning that Fabbri might be better suited on the wing, and that the Namestnikov signing might allow him to stay on the wing. 

However, I'm not sure why we're assuming Namestnikov will to slot in at center and Fabbri will not. Neither have played much center in the past couple years, and like I mentioned, a big reason we haven't seen any attempt to transition Fabbri back to center, is likely due to health over the past couple seasons.

Last season Fabbri took 67 faceoffs in 61 games (40.3%), and Namestnikov took 47 faceoffs in 65 games (46.8%). Yzerman says he'd like to try Fabbri at center, but hasn't said anything (yet) about Namestnikov at center. And we're going to assume the opposite? Okay...

At some point this year, I want Namestnikov and Svechnikov on the same line just to hear announcers fumble over their names :P

Really though, pulling full Svechnikov to at least get a call up at some point.. sucks that he had such a bad injury at such a key time. I hope he can bounce back and at least be some decent secondary scoring in the middle six. 

35 minutes ago, amato said:

At some point this year, I want Namestnikov and Svechnikov on the same line just to hear announcers fumble over their names :P

Really though, pulling full Svechnikov to at least get a call up at some point.. sucks that he had such a bad injury at such a key time. I hope he can bounce back and at least be some decent secondary scoring in the middle six. 

Svechnikov is no longer waiver exempt, so if he's sent down, there won't be any calling him up. If waived, he would definitely get claimed.

I'm still hopeful that Yzerman will continue ridding this team of bad players, and give Svech a look on the 3rd line. Otherwise, I assume he will start the season as the 13th forward.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Fabbri took 67 faceoffs in 61 games (40.3%), and

Namestnikov took 47 faceoffs in 65 games (46.8%).

Yzerman says he'd like to try Fabbri at center

And we're going to assume the opposite?

We are now. Yes.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Svechnikov is no longer waiver exempt, so if he's sent down, there won't be any calling him up. If waived, he would definitely get claimed.

I'm still hopeful that Yzerman will continue ridding this team of bad players, and give Svech a look on the 3rd line. Otherwise, I assume he will start the season as the 13th forward.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Fabbri - Namestikov - Ryan

Svech - Filppula - Zadina

Helm - Nielsen - Glenny

Timashov/Erne

...if Yzerman doesn't add anyone else, then this looks pretty close to what we'll see. Of course also barring any other buy-outs or waiving of someone.

...WAIT where is Gagner!?! Sheesh, someone is getting traded/waived or bought out! unless Zadina stays on loan.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Fabbri - Namestikov - Ryan

Svech - Filppula - Zadina

Helm - Nielsen - Glenny

Timashov/Erne

...if Yzerman doesn't add anyone else, then this looks pretty close to what we'll see. Of course also barring any other buy-outs or waiving of someone.

You're forgetting Gagner who probably makes the roster over Erne. Also, there's no way Zadina is on the 3rd line.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're forgetting Gagner who probably makes the roster over Erne. Also, there's no way Zadina is on the 3rd line.

Ya, I edited it to say I forgot Gagner, but yes, part of the selling point to Ryan was top 6. That was addressed in the interview with him. That really is not a bad 3rd line. Once the season goes on, there will be shuffling, along with injuries, but Ryan is expected to be top 6, and no way Fabbri is on the 3rd.

4 hours ago, amato said:

Ummm.... I'll do you one better:

Timashov-Namestnikov-Svechnikov
Setkov - undrafted-kov

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He will be.

How do you figure? Do think Ryan takes the 2nd line wing?

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Namestnikov - Mantha
Ryan - Filppula - Gagner
Helm - Nielsen - Glendening

Nemeth - Hronek
DeKeyser - Stecher
Staal - Merrill
Biega & Cholowski working in

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Is this guy legit?

I think so, maybe? Craig Custance follows him, so that is something.

I think there's a real possibility that the top line could be broken up.

I think Ryan is a lock to at least start in the top six, maybe even on the top line with Larkin.

I do think Fabbri will be the odd man out of the top six, whether that's at center or wing.

I don't think Nielsen will be a regular in the lineup, potentially bought out or waived.

3 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Namestnikov - Mantha
Ryan - Filppula - Gagner
Helm - Nielsen - Glendening

Nemeth - Hronek
DeKeyser - Stecher
Staal - Merrill
Biega & Cholowski working in

D looks good but I’m gonna throw in my preferred forwards line-up where a certain player is not included. 

Fabbri - Namestnikov - Zadina

Svechnikov - Filppula  - Ryan

Timashov - Glendening - Gagner

I have no doubt that Yzerman was interested in Krug, Turris, Shattenkirk, etc.... I also have no doubt that he called about Fleury and may even still be involved in a 3 team trade that send Fleury to Buffalo. I also have no doubt that the Red Wings and Tigers like most professional sports teams are not in the greatest position financially... I just don't believe that what this guy is saying about the Wings isn't true for the majority of teams in the league due to the season cut-short and uncertainty about when things will get back to normal.

4 minutes ago, HamPlanetHoward said:

So Yzerman wanted to do more but we're limited by an internal cap hmmmmmmmm doesn't feel very nice does it?

Arizona is cap team but Detroit is not. Sad. 

Edited by Akakabuto