• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, ely s said:

with Connor Brown signing for aav $3.6m https://www.nhl.com/news/connor-brown-signs-with-senators/c-319293176?tid=281072352 my hopes for an under $4m contract for Bert are rising...

Yeah if Yzerman can get Bertuzzi locked up under $4M, and Mantha under $6M, those would be great contracts. Something in the neighborhood of 4×4 and 6×6...

On 10/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, Akakabuto said:

I would like to add that it's also important in todays speedy hockey that you have a defense that consists of players that can play the puck. They don't all need to be "puck moving defensemen", just capable of sending the puck out of your own zone to the right adress. A good transition game is key today.

Absolutely.

Every team likes being on the attack. Every player likes being on the attack. Attacking is easy. Attacking is natual. So, how well you defend and how well do the hard, menial things necessary to launch your attack up the ice will ultimately separate contenders from pretenders.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah if Yzerman can get Bertuzzi locked up under $4M, and Mantha under $6M, those would be great contracts. Something in the neighborhood of 4×4 and 6×6...

That would be sublime.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, Akakabuto said:

I would like to add that it's also important in todays speedy hockey that you have a defense that consists of players that can play the puck. They don't all need to be "puck moving defensemen", just capable of sending the puck out of your own zone to the right adress. A good transition game is key today.

Our Wings of last year could barely pass the puck to each other in a peewee practice drill. I can’t wait for us to actually have a transition game again. That’s the part of the “system” that in many ways made it almost unbearable for me to watch last year.

Just now, gcom007 said:

Our Wings of last year could barely pass the puck to each other in a peewee practice drill. I can’t wait for us to actually have a transition game again. That’s the part of the “system” that in many ways made it almost unbearable for me to watch last year.

It was embarrasing. Our forwards were constantly in their own zone digging for the puck. No wonder they never scored. 

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Staal wearing 18 for this season, until Raymond is ready to take it over next season...

Maltby will always be number 18 to me. That’s a number that should be in the rafters right next to Stevie. No Wing chirped like Maltby. Man I miss his energy.

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Staal wearing 18 for this season, until Raymond is ready to take it over next season...

The only two I guessed were 18 and 54.

anyone else hear any rumors about Mantha going to his #8 that he wore everywhere else? That would be nice to see! Also would be nice to see Larkin go to his old #39 that he used to wear before 71, I don't know why, but I can't stand 71.

I don't like 70 on Stecher either, I don't know what it is...He wore 51 in Vancouver, but unless we dump BOTH Filppula and Nielsen, I guess he's not getting that. Maybe in year 2 (and beyond?) 

Greiss I am ok with, he wore #1 before, obvioulsy not available, but 29 is a nice throwback to Randy McKay....LOL! Mike Vernon of course, just testing your age! 

Merrill either was a big fan of Probie, or he because he grew up here watching Chelios in it...maybe both.

I am pretty meh with 92 of Namestnikov, I thought for sure he'd wear 13 for Kozlov. I am sure that Datsyuk would've had no problem with it either. I know he wore 90 the last few years, but either he knows about the voodoo curse on it, or they are saving it for Veleno.

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Was just about to post this. How is a deal not done yet?

Right! Hell, $4.25M is a lot less than we were all predicting! Give him 4-5 years also!

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The only two I guessed were 18 and 54.

anyone else hear any rumors about Mantha going to his #8 that he wore everywhere else? That would be nice to see! Also would be nice to see Larkin go to his old #39 that he used to wear before 71, I don't know why, but I can't stand 71.

I don't like 70 on Stecher either, I don't know what it is...He wore 51 in Vancouver, but unless we dump BOTH Filppula and Nielsen, I guess he's not getting that. Maybe in year 2 (and beyond?) 

Greiss I am ok with, he wore #1 before, obvioulsy not available, but 29 is a nice throwback to Randy McKay....LOL! Mike Vernon of course, just testing your age! 

Merrill either was a big fan of Probie, or he because he grew up here watching Chelios in it...maybe both.

I am pretty meh with 92 of Namestnikov, I thought for sure he'd wear 13 for Kozlov. I am sure that Datsyuk would've had no problem with it either. I know he wore 90 the last few years, but either he knows about the voodoo curse on it, or they are saving it for Veleno.

I personally hate when top players change their jersey number, especially after 3-5 years. I have a Larkin 71 jersey and Mantha 39 jersey, so I hope they both stick. But when the hell was Larkin ever 39? He was 19 with the Wolverines and 25 with the Griffins...

I actually love that Namestnikov took 92. Great looking number. 54 has to be one of the ugliest numbers for a player...

56 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I personally hate when top players change their jersey number, especially after 3-5 years. I have a Larkin 71 jersey and Mantha 39 jersey, so I hope they both stick. But when the hell was Larkin ever 39? He was 19 with the Wolverines and 25 with the Griffins...

I actually love that Namestnikov took 92. Great looking number. 54 has to be one of the ugliest numbers for a player...

His twitter is @dylanlarkin39, so I am guessing he wore it enough that it was important enough to him to use it. Guess I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, they'll likely end up around $3.75M. I just hope they get it settled before arbitration, to get around 4-5 years, rather than 1-2...

with the uncertenty of the cap for the next 2 or 3 years, a 3yr deal would not suprise me

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

His twitter is @dylanlarkin39, so I am guessing he wore it enough that it was important enough to him to use it. Guess I could be wrong.

As far as I can tell, he's never worn the number 39. That number could mean anything at all, or nothing at all to Dylan. Maybe it's something as dumb as someone else already using the name #dylanlarkin, and @dylanlarkin39 was the first suggested name that came up, and he was too lazy to pick a different one... Either way, I wouldn't read too much into his Twitter handle...

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As far as I can tell, he's never worn the number 39. That number could mean anything at all, or nothing at all to Dylan. Maybe it's something as dumb as someone else already using the name #dylanlarkin, and @dylanlarkin39 was the first suggested name that came up, and he was too lazy to pick a different one... Either way, I wouldn't read too much into his Twitter handle...

39 is his big hockey butt pants size.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, would be a great add, but I don't see how we can pull off a trade involving Laine without including two + major pieces. I'd assume Seider would have to be included and that would be a nonstarter for me.

I think we could get it done with hronek but like you said the price would be really high and we’d then have to commit 8-10 per on a longterm deal ... would never happen

On 10/18/2020 at 4:54 AM, F.Michael said:

Winnipeg...The franchise where players are under the microscope (Laine, and Byfuglien), or they simply want outta town (Trouba, and Myers).

Is there sumthin in the water up there, or is it really that undesirable to play/live there?

Nobody wants to live in winnipeg if they can help it

my oh my how the team has changed...a lot of names i would have loved years ago.

always wanted marc staal. super under rated.

pumped to have bobby ryan. played with him a few times back in squirt and peewee

too bad i dont see any of these guys making much of a change in how they were performing when their previous team let them go.

21 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If Yzerman was considering another buyout, Bert filing for arbitration actually gives him another chance to do so. Not saying it was deliberately planned that way tho.

Quite the possibility. If Bertuzzi is only asking for $4.25M, it seems more like it was on purpose to allow another buyout. If it was a negotiation problem with Yzerman, why would Bert file and not Mantha? Are there no problems with Mantha and Yzerman? I do believe this was on purpose to allow another buyout. Nielsen or Filppula for sure.

Edited by LeftWinger

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Quite the possibility. If Bertuzzi is only asking for $4.25M, it seems more like it was on purpose to allow another buyout. If it was a negotiation problem with Yzerman, why would Bert file and not Mantha? Are there no problems with Mantha and Yzerman? I do believe this was on purpose to allow another buyout. Nielsen or Filppula for sure.

Nielsen would be dumb to buyout now since Abby's contract is on the books for the next several years. Better to keep him and the cap space and use him as one of the exposed F in the expansion draft.

Filppula only has the one year left. Just bite the bullet on that one. No kids knocking down the door at forward right now anyway.

I think its just a coincidence.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nielsen would be dumb to buyout now since Abby's contract is on the books for the next several years. Better to keep him and the cap space and use him as one of the exposed F in the expansion draft.

Filppula only has the one year left. Just bite the bullet on that one. No kids knocking down the door at forward right now anyway.

I think its just a coincidence.

Nielsen would not be dumb to buy out. The team would save cap space in each of the next two seasons, as well as real money over that time. The extra $600K that would remain on the books for the extra two seasons, is nothing. We shouldn't have any bad contracts on the books at that time, and a bunch of our top players will be on ELC's. We'll still have more than enough cap space to sign our RFA's, and go after big name UFA's. It would be dumb NOT to buy out Nielsen. He f***ing sucks...