• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

Just now, Akakabuto said:

A St Louis reporter tweeted last night that he doesn't have any plans of vistiting any other teams so it looks like a done deal.

if that's the case, combined with what LeBrun said, then yeah. definitely seems like a done deal. 

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

A St Louis reporter tweeted last night that he doesn't have any plans of vistiting any other teams so it looks like a done deal.

I see he and his wife were looking at the Summerlin area, That's where my Girlfriend raised her daughter very nice area for sure.

Just now, amato said:

sounds even more like Vegas wins.. Leafs just signed Bogosian and TJ Brodie

Yeah i doubt Toronto was ever a serious contender for him, From the sound of things he pretty much had his mind on Vegas all along.

17 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing, We need that 1st round pick or at least 2 2nds coming back.

I'd want a couple 1st's (one from Vegas, one from the other team) on the high end, but I'd definitely settle for a couple 2nd's, if that's what it takes to beat out another team, and get the deal done. Regardless, a couple high picks / prospects is worth the $3.5M in dead cap space for a couple season's.

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

As it sits right now, I think we could be looking at something like this...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Zadina - Fabbri - Ryan

Svechnikov - Filppula - Gagner

Erne - Glendening - Helm

Nielsen / Timashov

Nemeth - Hronek

Dekeyser - Stecher

Cholowski - Merrill

Staal

Bernier / Greiss

Insert Namestnikov into Fabbri's spot (2C), move Fabbri down to Filppula's spot (3C), and scratch Filppula...

This could actually be a somewhat competitive roster... No where near playoffs, but not dead last either, which depending on who you ask, could be a good thing, or a bad thing...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Insert Namestnikov into Fabbri's spot (2C), move Fabbri down to Filppula's spot (3C), and scratch Filppula...

This could actually be a somewhat competitive roster... No where near playoffs, but not dead last either, which depending on who you ask, could be a good thing, or a bad thing...

I think any hope of being competitive is down the drain when we remember Blashill is still the coach...  that's the ultimate tank insurance. 

4 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think any hope of being competitive is down the drain when we remember Blashill is still the coach...  that's the ultimate tank insurance. 

Your hate for Blashill is unfounded. No coach in the league would have gotten much more out of the teams that Holland assembled the past few years. I'll wait and see what Blash can do with a competent group before I completely write him off.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger. Assuming Bert, Mantha, Zadina, and Ryan are the top 4 wingers, Fabbri takes a spot on the 3rd line with Flip or Nielsen at C and Timo as the other wing.

That isnt necessarily a bad thing. Having the depth to put Fabbri on the 3rd is a nice improvement over the past 2 seasons where he would've been on one of the top 2 lines.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Your hate for Blashill is unfounded. No coach in the league would have gotten much more out of the teams that Holland assembled the past few years. I'll wait and see what Blash can do with a competent group before I completely write him off.

I've had my moments with Blashill, but you're right. You can only do so much with the rosters he's been given, if he get make us at least competitive this season, Ill be happy.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger. Assuming Bert, Mantha, Zadina, and Ryan are the top 4 wingers, Fabbri takes a spot on the 3rd line with Flip or Nielsen at C and Timo as the other wing.

Didnt Yzerman say they were going to play Fabbri at C this season?

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I've had my moments with Blashill, but you're right. You can only do so much with the rosters he's been given, if he get make us at least competitive this season, Ill be happy.

Yes. But it still makes more sense to put him on the wing now that Larkin, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Filppula, and potentially Gagner on the roster. I dont put Fabbri there unless there are significant injuries at center.

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

Yeah, Neo clearly hasn't been paying attention. Yzerman has said numerous times that he'd like to try Fabbri at center. Granted, that was before we added Namestnikov (who has also played mostly wing the past few seasons). I'd still like to see Fabbri given a look down the middle. He may be better suited on the wing, but I'd sure as hell rather Fabbri in that spot than Nielsen or Filppula...

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. But it still makes more sense to put him on the wing now that Larkin, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Filppula, and potentially Gagner on the roster. I dont put Fabbri there unless there are significant injuries at center.

Namestnikov is no more of a center than Fabbri. Nielsen sucks, and should not be on the roster. Filppula isn't too far behind. Gagner has played mostly on the wing the past few years as well. Fabbri deserves a look. If it doesn't work out, oh well, but likely wouldn't be any worse than the other options...

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Neo clearly hasn't been paying attention. Yzerman has said numerous times that he'd like to try Fabbri at center. Granted, that was before we added Namestnikov (who has also played mostly wing the past few seasons). I'd still like to see Fabbri given a look down the middle. He may be better suited on the wing, but I'd sure as hell rather Fabbri in that spot than Nielsen or Filppula...

Namestnikov is no more of a center than Fabbri. Nielsen sucks, and should not be on the roster. Filppula isn't too far behind. Gagner has played mostly on the wing the past few years as well. Fabbri deserves a look. If it doesn't work out, oh well, but likely wouldn't be any worse than the other options...

I have been paying attention. YOU specifically said to put Namestnikov at 2C and moved Fabbri down to 3C.

As I said, that still leaves Nielsen, and Filppula (career centers) as well as Gagner, and even Glendening (both with more center experience than Fabbri) on the roster. 

Therefore, I would play Fabbri as a 3W, and use Filppula and Nielsen as the 3rd and 4th line centers.

And as I responded to kliq, I am well aware of what Yzerman said too. My comment was based on my knowledge of the players involved, and YOUR idea of Namestnikov at center.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I have been paying attention. YOU specifically said to put Namestnikov at 2C and moved Fabbri down to 3C.

As I said, that still leaves Nielsen, and Filppula (career centers) as well as Gagner, and even Glendening (both with more center experience than Fabbri) on the roster. 

Therefore, I would play Fabbri as a 3W, and use Filppula and Nielsen as the 3rd and 4th line centers.

And as I responded to kliq, I am well aware of what Yzerman said too. My comment was based on my knowledge of the players involved, and YOUR idea of Namestnikov at center.

Sure. None of this changes the fact that Yzerman has said that he'd like to try Fabbri at center. So I put him at center in my mock lineup. You then replied "Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger."...

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure. None of this changes the fact that Yzerman has said that he'd like to try Fabbri at center. So I put him at center in my mock lineup. You then replied "Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger."...

And you're setting the entire seasons worth of lineups on that? Many wingers have been "tried" at center. Especially if they have played the position before. Doesn't mean that that's where he's playing. I'm sure Rasmussen will be "tried" at center too. Doesn't mean that's where he ultimately ends up. Nothing permanent about Fabbri at center, especially now that Namestnikov was signed. Who I also think would be better at center than Fabbri.

And you're setting the entire seasons worth of lineups on that? Many wingers have been "tried" at center. Especially if they have played the position before. Doesn't mean that that's where he's playing. I'm sure Rasmussen will be "tried" at center too. Doesn't mean that's where he ultimately ends up. Nothing permanent about Fabbri at center, especially now that Namestnikov was signed. Who I also think would be better at center than Fabbri.

Dude, what are you talking about? I never said anything was set in stone. I never said the lineup would or should stick for an entire season. I simply said that I would go with Larkin, Namestnikov, Fabbri, Glendening down the middle, at least to start the season... Again, you then replied with "Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger."... Which completely goes against what the general manager himself has said.

I even went on to say that I think Fabbri may be better suited on the wing. However, he was a center in junior, he was drafted as a center, and likely the only reason he hasn't transitioned back to center, is because of all the injuries. It's worth a look, and what better way to give him a trial on the 3rd line with a veteran like Gagner.

I really think Yzerman is done "adding" players to the roster. We still have Svech along with Cholowski and Hronek (when he returns) to take roster spots. Now I know Cholowski may be the odd man out and might be traded or something, but unless they plan on trading Svech, that will make 15 NHL forwards (no waivers) once Bert, Mantha and Timashov are signed. Someone up front has to go somewhere because before with Hronek that makes 7 NHL D (Biega on the fence) with 2 goalies, 24 players, one too many.  IF Yzerman still plans to acquire draft picks, I think it'll have to be in those 3 way deals. You guys talking about Fleury, I didn't read all the posts, but if we could acquire Fleury and a 1st. then turn him to a team and eat 50% salary for another 1st. Same could go for other teams that need help. Not unless Yzerman is done for this off season. But again, I really don't see the room to ADD anymore players up front or D, not unless a couple of guys get waived like you all mentioned. I do not want to use a buyout on Nielsen, just waive him and save a little cap, but gain that roster spot. Same with Filppula.

Edited by LeftWinger

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Dude, what are you talking about? I never said anything was set in stone. I never said the lineup would or should stick for an entire season. I simply said that I would go with Larkin, Namestnikov, Fabbri, Glendening down the middle, at least to start the season... Again, you then replied with "Fabbri is not a center. He's a middle six winger."... Which completely goes against what the general manager himself has said.

I even went on to say that I think Fabbri may be better suited on the wing. However, he was a center in junior, he was drafted as a center, and likely the only reason he hasn't transitioned back to center, is because of all the injuries. It's worth a look, and what better way to give him a trial on the 3rd line with a veteran like Gagner.

Yes. I said "Fabbri is not a center, he's a middle six winger." So what? That's exactly what he has been. I don't see why that's an argumentative statement. Yzerman's comments about trying him at center confirms as much. Pencilling him in as a 3W is not earth shattering, and is much more likely than playing all but one of Nielsen, Gagner, Filppula, Rasmussen and Glendening at wing.

Yes. I said "Fabbri is not a center, he's a middle six winger." So what? That's exactly what he has been. I don't see why that's an argumentative statement. Yzerman's comments about trying him at center confirms as much. Pencilling him in as a 3W is not earth shattering, and is much more likely than playing all but one of Nielsen, Gagner, Filppula, Rasmussen and Glendening at wing.

LOL penciling him in as the 3C is not earth shattering either, since, ya know, the GM said they'd like to try him there...

It's not like you had him penciled in as the 3W, and I said "Fabbri is not a winger, he's a center"... The opposite occurred... I was just going by what Yzerman said himself, and you tried to correct me, despite what you've heard him say... It makes so sense...

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I really think Yzerman is done "adding" players to the roster. We still have Svech along with Cholowski and Hronek (when he returns) to take roster spots. Now I know Cholowski may be the odd man out and might be traded or something, but unless they plan on trading Svech, that will make 15 NHL forwards (no waivers) once Bert, Mantha and Timashov are signed. Someone up front has to go somewhere because before with Hronek that makes 7 NHL D (Biega on the fence) with 2 goalies, 24 players, one too many.  IF Yzerman still plans to acquire draft picks, I think it'll have to be in those 3 way deals. You guys talking about Fleury, I didn't read all the posts, but if we could acquire Fleury and a 1st. then turn him to a team for 2nd or 3rd. Same could go for other teams that need help. Not unless Yzerman is done for this off season. But again, I really don't see the room to ADD anymore players up front or D, not unless a couple of guys get waived like you all mentioned. I do not want to use a buyout on Nielsen, just waive him and save a little cap, but gain that roster spot. Same with Filppula.

Roster forwards: Larkin, Mantha, Bert, Zadina, Ryan, Fabbri, Namestnikov, Timo, Svech, Glenny, Nielsen, Helm, Filppula, Gagner (14)

Waived/sent down to start the season: Erne, Rasmussen, Hirose, Smith, Veleno

Roster Dmen: Hronek, DeKeyser, Stecher, Nemeth, Staal, Lindstrom, Merrill (7)

Waived/sent down to start the season: Cholowski, Biega

This is how I see it based on current contracts

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL penciling him in as the 3C is not earth shattering either, since, ya know, the GM said they'd like to try him there...

It's not like you had him penciled in as the 3W, and I said "Fabbri is not a winger, he's a center"... The opposite occurred... I was just going by what Yzerman said himself, and you tried to correct me, despite what you've heard him say... It makes so sense...

Yeah, except Fabbri hasn't been a center. He has been a winger. So that response would have been foolish. 

Your response was that I "wasn't paying attention", even though MY comment didnt go against what Yzerman said.

I wasn't trying to "correct you." I was simply stating the obvious: that up until now, Fabbri has been a winger. And although, Yzerman has made comments about trying him at center (which would have made sense as there was no 2C at the time), that doesn't mean that he belongs there, or will remain there for any length of time. Especially now since SY added Namestnikov to potentially fill the role he seemingly wanted to try Fabbri at (2C).

Fabbri is better suited to play wing than center. And with the addition of Namestnikov and several centers already on the roster, I think its unlikely Fabbri plays much center at all, regardless of Yzerman "trying" him there. A statement that is ambiguous at best. Sorry if that bothers you.

Yeah, except Fabbri hasn't been a center. He has been a winger. So that response would have been foolish. 

Your response was that I "wasn't paying attention", even though MY comment didnt go against what Yzerman said.

Except it did go against what Yzerman said...

Your comment was dumb, considering the information Yzerman gave us about wanting to try him in that position.

Anyway, it's clear you're not going to admit that, despite the fact that I agreed that Fabbri might be better suited on the wing (we don't know for sure), and he may be slotted back over to the wing with the addition of Namestnikov.

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I wasn't trying to "correct you." I was simply stating the obvious: that up until now, Fabbri has been a winger. And although, Yzerman has made comments about trying him at center (which would have made sense as there was no 2C at the time), that doesn't mean that he belongs there, or will remain there for any length of time. Especially now since SY added Namestnikov to potentially fill the role he seemingly wanted to try Fabbri at (2C).

Fabbri is better suited to play wing than center. And with the addition of Namestnikov and several centers already on the roster, I think its unlikely Fabbri plays much center at all, regardless of Yzerman "trying" him there. A statement that is ambiguous at best. Sorry if that bothers you.

You know this definitively based on all the center he's played?