• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

On 12/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, LeftWinger said:

I am really surprised that AA has not signed somewhere. I thought he could go and sign a $1M prove it contract somewhere...maybe he thinks he deserves top dollar....

Maybe his Edmonton performance sealed his fate and he´s going to the KHL? Who knows, I wouldn´t want him back.

31 minutes ago, ely s said:

Maybe his Edmonton performance sealed his fate and he´s going to the KHL? Who knows, I wouldn´t want him back.

Probably got a bunch of offers worth around $1m but holding out for more money. With the season actually about to start he should have to face reality real soon.

23 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So now they have signed Cirelli for $4.8M, putting them $12M over the cap...Kucherov on LTIR brings them to $2.5M over, who will be the next guy having "surgery" this season....sheesh!

So here is what I read today, from mLive:

Players who require waivers to be assigned to the AHL must ALSO clear waivers to be assigned to the taxi squad...

So, Tampa (and others) better find some more LTIR or make a deal or they may be exposing a player or two to waivers. I know they put Johnson on waivers before, so they could always do that again, but I wonder (as the article did not touch on this) if the salary works the same? Would a team only get a percentage of cap relief sending a player to the taxi squad? Or does the squad's cap not count towards the cap? Obviously the players that wouldn't normally count towards the cap (players under the salary limit) but it should all work like regular waivers IMO. Looking ahead to the following season, it is funny to see that Tampa is $3.5M over the cap already with only 16 players on their roster! I think the they still better look to shed some salary this year, it'll be even tougher next season when things are more normal, they will really need to give up some assets then!

20 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Thats it .. Id have given him double to flip him probably fetches hawks a 3rd , lets just give 1.5 to AA at this point i cant see him not producing with rasmussen,ryan etc... added on

I have always been an AA fan, so I would be fine with giving him a 1 year "prove it" contract...as long as his linemates are NOT named Nielsen and Filppula... Who else is still left out there? I haven't looked in a few days.

Edited by LeftWinger

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So here is what I read today, from mLive:

So, Tampa (and others) better find some more LTIR or make a deal or they may be exposing a player or two to waivers. I know they put Johnson on waivers before, so they could always do that again, but I wonder (as the article did not touch on this) if the salary works the same? Would a team only get a percentage of cap relief sending a player to the taxi squad? Or does the squad's cap not count towards the cap? Obviously the players that wouldn't normally count towards the cap (players under the salary limit) but it should all work like regular waivers IMO. Looking ahead to the following season, it is funny to see that Tampa is $3.5M over the cap already with only 16 players on their roster! I think the they still better look to shed some salary this year, it'll be even tougher next season when things are more normal, they will really need to give up some assets then!

I have always been an AA fan, so I would be fine with giving him a 1 year "prove it" contract...as long as his linemates are NOT named Nielsen and Filppula... Who else is still left out there? I haven't looked in a few days.

AA has had multiple "prove it" opportunities. He doesnt need another.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

AA has had multiple "prove it" opportunities. He doesnt need another.

True, I wouldn't be upset either way though. There aren't many UFA forwards left out there that I'd be interested in seeing here, unless you are signing a Hoffman to flip at the TDL. Other than AA there isn't anyone really. I wouldn't mind seeing Yzerman offer Dylan Strome a contract, but I don't want to lose any draft picks, so Chicago would match anything I would offer. Guess we go with a trade if we can, or just go with one of our own up front to total 14 forwards.

Of all the teams currently OVER the cap, here are the ones that (as of now) do not have anyone on IR or still need to find more cap relief:

Vancouver

Toronto

Tampa

Vegas

Montreal

...the other teams that are over already have people on IR that will no doubt be turned into LTIR to get their needed relief. I am sure all these teams will find a way to get under, they are all $1.5M or less over, Montreal is only $366k over. With the exception of Tampa which is $2.1M over (with Kucherov expected to be on LTIR.) There is no rule that says you cannot go with less than 23 players on your roster, so I imagine if it comes down to it, theses teams would just "waive" a player that doesn't need to clear to the taxi squad, or even a player that they know not many teams would take. Vancouver probably couldn't do this because the only 2 players that don't have to clear waivers are on their D, which sits at only 6 players right now. So, with this in mind, what would you be looking for from these teams? Assume you are either getting a 1st round pick, or a higher end prospect in return if they won't part with a 1st.

Vancouver : Eriksson and a 1st (or Podkolzin)

Toronto: Hyman and 1st (or Liljegren (but I know they are trading him))

Tampa: Johnson (or Killoen) and 1st (or Alnefelt) (maybe the 1st AND Alnefelt to take on that much salary and term)

Vegas: I'd take Nosek back, but it's have to be for their 1st and another asset. (maybe a 2022 2nd or Krebs)

Montreal: I'd take Frolik and a 1st (or Caufeild) again, they aren't too far over, so they probably not that desperate. 

...again, these are just ideas, suggestions, I bet none of these teams will be desperate enough to trade a 1st away, but you never know.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Vancouver : Eriksson and a 1st (or Podkolzin)

Toronto: Hyman and 1st (or Liljegren (but I know they are trading him))

I would say Podkolzin is more untouchable than Liljegren at this point.

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Tampa: Johnson (or Killoen) and 1st (or Alnefelt) (maybe the 1st AND Alnefelt to take on that much salary and term)

I'd want more than a 1st for Johnson. I don't think Tampa would part with Alnefelt, but he'd be my target as well.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Vegas: I'd take Nosek back, but it's have to be for their 1st and another asset. (maybe a 2022 2nd or Krebs)

A 1st plus Krebs to take on one year of Nosek at $1.25M? That makes so sense. They could just waive him and not give up any assets...

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Montreal: I'd take Frolik and a 1st (or Caufeild) again, they aren't too far over, so they probably not that desperate. 

Montreal just signed Frolik a few days ago... Why would they offer a team a 1st round pick or top prospect to take on his one year, $750K contract?

No team is offering premium assets to shed sub $2M contracts...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I would say Podkolzin is more untouchable than Liljegren at this point.

I'd want more than a 1st for Johnson. I don't think Tampa would part with Alnefelt, but he'd be my target as well.

A 1st plus Krebs to take on one year of Nosek at $1.25M? That makes so sense. They could just waive him and not give up any assets...

Montreal just signed Frolik a few days ago... Why would they offer a team a 1st round pick or top prospect to take on his one year, $750K contract?

No team is offering premium assets to shed sub $2M contracts...

I was just throwing stuff out there. In regards to Frolik, I was just looking at 30+ soon to be UFA's that would put them under. I don't think we will be getting anyone or any more picks actually, I was just thinking out loud.

Here's what doesn't help our cause, idiots like Ottawa taking on Derek Stepan's $6.5M, bailing out Arizona, and NOT getting anything for it! As a matter of fact they GAVE Arizona a 2nd round pick! I mean I know they had THREE 2nds, but come on Ottawa, don't bail these teams out for nothing! Idiots...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's what doesn't help our cause, idiots like Ottawa taking on Derek Stepan's $6.5M, bailing out Arizona, and NOT getting anything for it! As a matter of fact they GAVE Arizona a 2nd round pick! I mean I know they had THREE 2nds, but come on Ottawa, don't bail these teams out for nothing! Idiots...

Yeah i was totally shocked that Pierre Dorian gave Arizona a 2nd round pick for Derek Stepan, Bill Armstrong made out like bandits while Pierre Dorian made himself look like a fool. 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:
L

f***en bulls*** man , f*** tampa and their “injuries” lol ... another blown opportunity with ton of cap space

what a f***en waste

And why would they give up more to Yzerman when they could get out of their cap issues without giving up prospects or high draft picks? It wasn't a missed opportunity on Yzerman's part. It was probably a situation where TB had more flexibility/options than other GM's knew, and they had no reason to give up assets to become cap compliant. I highly doubt the rumored deals with SY was TB's first choice, more like a contingency plan. The deal with OTT was probably the type of deal they were trying to make all along.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

41 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And why would they give up more to Yzerman when they could get out of their cap issues without giving up prospects or high draft picks? It wasn't a missed opportunity on Yzerman's part. It was probably a situation where TB had more flexibility/options than other GM's knew, and they had no reason to give up assets to become cap compliant. I highly doubt the rumored deals with SY was TB's first choice, more like a contingency plan. The deal with OTT was probably the type of deal they were trying to make all along.

Not expecting them to give s*** to yzerman now , they got rid of their  cap issues already with the kucherov “injury” ... just like islanders did with boychuck and stl with steen . Its really convient how it worked out for these teams and thats what pisses me off . We had a ton of cap space and all these opportunities and got f***ed over cause of bs 

Tampa had no flexibility man and no other teams , they “lucked out” and will conviently have kucherov ready game 1 . The deal with ottawa was the deal they wanted all along ? Only once the bs with kucherov happened otherwise theyd be moving alot more 

Why would we have taken on paquette,coburn and give up henriks contract for a 2nd ? No thx

anyways

Kucherov´s injury "happened" when they figured out, that it will be really expensive to trade their ~$5m contracts. What they did with Ottawa was just a little bit of fiddling around with their cap, but the real cap problems will return next summer, then there will be the same problems again.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:01 PM, LeftWinger said:

AND Ottawa bails another team out. At least they got a pick for their efforts!

The guys Tampa got are both LTIR, so there is their relief! Along with Kucherov's $9.5M...

Corey Perry signed in Montreal (previously over the cap by $365k) for $750k, putting MTL over by $1.1M. Still a few teams that should need to make a move or two to get under. Maybe Wings are still in the running to get some assets...

Edited by LeftWinger

55 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

?-?-?

Mantha-Larkin-?

Zadina-Rasmussen-Raymond

Smith-?-?

?-?

?-Seider

Cholowski-Hronek

?

?

The good news is we are only missing 11 players off a cup contending team!

I see, you are really high on our prospects.

20 minutes ago, ely s said:

I see, you are really high on our prospects.

Guy is a troll. Even he's not that dumb...

Mantha (2W) is a top line winger. Larkin (2C) is a top line center. Zadina (3W) will be a top six winger. Raymond (3W) will be a top line, maybe elite winger. Rasmussen and Smith are the only forwards slotted correctly. Also missing, Bertuzzi is a middle six winger, Fabbri is a middle six winger, Veleno will be a middle six center, Berggren will be a middle six winger, as well as a few others that will likely make it...

Seider (4D) will be a top pair, maybe number one defenseman. Hronek (6D) is a top four defenseman. Cholowski is slotted about right. Also missing, Johansson and Wallinder both have top four, or at the very least top six potential, as well as a few others that will likely make it...

We're still a ways away, but things aren't that grim...

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

AND Ottawa bails another team out. At least they got a pick for their efforts!

Capture.JPG.26955c0cce1ccda3d9e6efcc229cd700.JPG

The guys Tampa got are both LTIR, so there is their relief! Along with Kucherov's $9.5M...

Corey Perry signed in Montreal (previously over the cap by $365k) for $750k, putting MTL over by $1.1M. Still a few teams that should need to make a move or two to get under. Maybe Wings are still in the running to get some assets...

Yes, TB needed to shed salary to become cap compliant. By acquiring Gaborik and Nilsson, they can be now. I don't think OTT was trying to be generous here. They got back 2 relatively inexpensive roster players to replace the guys they had on LTIR who couldn't play. And they got a 2nd round pick to boot.