• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Abdelkader on unconditional waivers for buyout

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Are we even sure theres gonna be minor league hockey this season? Maybe there was nowhere to send him down.

Would that stop us from sending players down or call them up? The AHL still exists, even when they are not playing.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It would be a "paper" move. I don't think they can forbid teams from demoting players.

Then buying Abby out was the right thing to do by him. This way he gets a chance to play hockey next season.

Edited by Akakabuto

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In general, yes. But there are a LOT of players playing in the AHL that are better than some players in the NHL (players that have been bought out in particular).

Of course. Young prospects who are good enough to play in the NHL, but are kept in the AHL to get more playing time, for example.

I was making a generalization.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Then buying Abby out was the right thing to do by him. This way he gets a chance to play hockey next season.

Except he's unemployed now tho. He may not be playing anyway.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Except he's unemployed now tho. He may not be playing anyway.

"a chance to"

Yzerman has made it clear he couldn't stand the idea of Abdelkader in a Red Wings jersey next season.

It is a interesting time. With the AHL in trouble, I wondering how many teams are forced to play players they wouldn't of in years passed. All ready seeing a bunch of buyouts from around the league.

1 minute ago, xault said:

It is a interesting time. With the AHL in trouble, I wondering how many teams are forced to play players they wouldn't of in years passed. All ready seeing a bunch of buyouts from around the league.

Which is the reason why I would have thought the BOG would have made a move to allow for compliance buyouts if there's no AHL option.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Which is the reason why I would have thought the BOG would have made a move to allow for compliance buyouts if there's no AHL option.

Is it only up to them though? Doesn't the PA have a say?

1 hour ago, CatBoyRossi said:

You're goddamn right the PA has a say. Owners and managers dolled out those contract and now they need to honor them. Thank god for the union or the BOG would've given out multiple compliance buyouts.

Yeah. Buyouts are sooo bad for the players. They get their money without having to work for it. And they're free to re-sign with another team for more money. How horrible for them!

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That wouldn't be fair to the Griffins.  

Lol.....even if they scratched him, still better then a 6 year cap hit.

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

It's really not that hard to figure out. Having a couple million, and a roster spot, laying around might be the difference between a few more Marc Staal moves or not. Plus moving out trash, and moving more in, isn't blocking some kid either. At worst it's a lateral move. P

And then there's the signal that it sends to guys like Larkin, Mantha, Bert, Hronek, etc.

This is your team now boys.

We’ll see what he does. If Yzerman spends up to the cap by acquiring more Marc Staals, then I’m ok with it.

As to your last line, I agree, but I think an AHL demotion would do the same thing.

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And his super hot WAG

Guy goes dormant for a year only to come back for this. Probably never hear from him again now that he has nothing else to post about.

In general, yes.

Thank you for keeping tabs on me. I feel so important!