• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I think Staal will be back

You don’t think he wants back to the east coast/NY area?

I think he would have no problem finding a team if he’s willing to sign a 1m-ish contract. 

Edited by Akakabuto

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I think he would have no problem finding a team if he’s willing to sign a 1m-ish contract. 

Yeah, and I think he deserves a shot with a cup contending team. There's nothing for him to accomplish in Detroit. Maybe NYI?

You have to assume that with the recent firings of John Davidson and Jeff Gorton in NY they'll be back to their old way of operating (i.e. sign over the hill vets with name value every year). So Staal should be heading back to the Garden I'd think.

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You have to assume that with the recent firings of John Davidson and Jeff Gorton in NY they'll be back to their old way of operating (i.e. sign over the hill vets with name value every year). So Staal should be heading back to the Garden I'd think.

Yeah - Sather will 'assist' Drury...He'll probably stay up late some night in the middle of the summer with a cigar, and a bottle of scotch, and start texting his old pals like Mess, Gretz, and Holik contract offers.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - Sather will 'assist' Drury...He'll probably stay up late some night in the middle of the summer with a cigar, and a bottle of scotch, and start texting his old pals like Mess, Gretz, and Holik contract offers.

I'm expecting him to announce the hiring of Kevin Lowe as President of Hockey Operations at any moment.

50 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Yeah, and I think he deserves a shot with a cup contending team. There's nothing for him to accomplish in Detroit. Maybe NYI?

NYI could be a good fit. Replacing Andy Greene for about the same amount of money. 

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Davidson can be hard to get along with but firing Gorton is confusing to me. 

54 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Davidson can be hard to get along with but firing Gorton is confusing to me. 

Re Davidson...I never got that impression - however you could very well be right...I always found him professional, thoughtful, and having 'old school' values...Firing these guys will only make another franchise, or network happy.

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Re Davidson...I never got that impression - however you could very well be right...I always found him professional, thoughtful, and having 'old school' values...Firing these guys will only make another franchise, or network happy.

The fine and the firing make me think Dolan is trying to conform to the leagues wishes and not the other way around.

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I think he's all of those things. I should clarify: I meant with team owners

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

The fine and the firing make me think Dolan is trying to conform to the leagues wishes and not the other way around.

Are you saying it was Davidson/Gorton whom came up with the tweet?

My impression is/was Dolan had a fit once he learned it was a star player involved, and got the wheels rolling...Davidson/Gorton knowing better stood back, and watched it all unfold...Dolan learned that 2 of his top officers were not in line - had them both dishonorably discharged.

I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Dolan is the owner of the 2nd most valuable team in the NHL. He should be spanking Bettman while eating caviar off Parros' forehead right now. 

Just now, F.Michael said:

Are you saying it was Davidson/Gorton whom came up with the tweet?

My impression is/was Dolan had a fit once he learned it was a star player involved, and got the wheels rolling...Davidson/Gorton knowing better stood back, and watched it all unfold...Dolan learned that 2 of his top officers were not in line - had them both dishonorably discharged.

I could be wrong.

It's all speculation, but your narrative is the popular one.

I'm surprised an owner would be so involved in a public statement without his president and GM. And then when his GM and President interpreted the landscape correctly, fired them. But maybe Dolan is that idiotic, IDK.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Dolan is the owner of the 2nd most valuable team in the NHL. He should be spanking Bettman while eating caviar off Parros' forehead right now. 

That might be if this were the NFL (just look at all the Aaron Rodgers crap)...Being this is the NHL - here in Murica - not many really care...What's Dolan gonna do - relocate, or start a rival league?

He'll have to spread his own asscheeks and smile.

1 minute ago, Gniwder said:

It's all speculation, but your narrative is the popular one.

I'm surprised an owner would be so involved in a public statement without his president and GM. And then when his GM and President interpreted the landscape correctly, fired them. But maybe Dolan is that idiotic, IDK.

Reading numerous posts on HF Boards - the general consensus among Rags fans is that Dolan is an idiot...And yeah - he is certainly capable of doing something this drastic.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

That might be if this were the NFL (just look at all the Aaron Rodgers crap)...Being this is the NHL - here in Murica - not many really care...What's Dolan gonna do - relocate, or start a rival league?

He'll have to spread his own asscheeks and smile.

Reading numerous posts on HF Boards - the general consensus among Rags fans is that Dolan is an idiot...And yeah - he is certainly capable of doing something this drastic.

The sad part is I would be clamoring to hire Gorton if Yzerman wasn't already here. He fired one of the best GM's in the business IMO.

1 minute ago, Gniwder said:

The sad part is I would be clamoring to hire Gorton if Yzerman wasn't already here. He fired one of the best GM's in the business IMO.

Many Rags fans share your opinion...Most are suspect of the Drury/Sather combo (mostly Sather).

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Many Rags fans share your opinion...Most are suspect of the Drury/Sather combo (mostly Sather).

Drury's been groomed for the position. I know there was some shock when Drury did not defect from the rangers for a GM job and stayed on as associate GM. Drury as GM has been lined up for a while. It could very well be he is Sathers lapdog.

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Very possible, though he'd likely get more minutes here and for some players a bigger role is what they want. So who knows really. 

I should probably state that Staal is the only one of those vets the Wings would want back haha. 

But hey, if he wants a cup, there is always the trade deadline. His next contract will no doubt be much smaller and easier to move next time around. 

8 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

The Devils and Canucks gave us some more help tonight!

The Canucks have 1/5th of a season in hand. They're not even in the bottom 7 or 8 conversation IMO. 

Good to see Jersey winning though. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans