• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

2021 Draft

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Uh no.  Boston beating Washington didn't move the pick up, it just kept it at 26.  The only way Winnipeg affects the pick is by making the final 4.  Tampa beating Florida also doesn't affect the pick because Carolina can still make the final 4.

Course it helped , florida had more pts than caps and boston beating caps assures us caps wont make it to final 4 and nyi beating pens assures one of bos/nyi who have less pts than the caps will make it to conference finals

32-31-30-29 = conference finals teams

so far carolina/avs/leafs have a chance of final 4 so w’ed better root against them 

for now pens =28 .... if vegas wins one of vegas/avs will be out =27 .... florida =26

with arizona out we’re looking in reality at the moment at pick 25 ... hopefully jets can knock out leafs and tampa can knock off carolina(unless preds make a comeback) 

Realistically were Probably looking at pick 23/24(when you dont count arizona) unless minnesota knocks vegas out and can somehow do us a big favour and not out the avs

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ryan wouldn't be a bad re-sign. He would garner more interest this TDL if healthy. I just don't think he wants to do another 1 year/TDL type deal. But if he wanted to return and there's a roster spot open, Yzerman should do it.

Even if he was healthy he would of garnered us what a 3rd? Was fun while it lasted but id rather take on a s***ty player for a 2nd thus getting the better pick immediately than hoping he can stay healthy and get us something and in the process help us tank for wright 

Id much rather give tatar/janmark 4 mil x 1 than whatever ryan would fetch  x1 , if i had to guess they would have better odds of scoring 20-25 and giving us the better return 

I still think overpaying goligoski/edler would be the smart move , if they play well it would fetch us a nice return . Dmen are always in demand at the deadline look at what savard fetched

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I find it laughable that we even entertain the thought of resigning gagner  ... ryan can take a hike as well ... veleno can start here but id send him to grand rapids till the deadline and make another spot for a komarov or whomever 

f*** id take that trainwreck jarry off the pens for two years for a 22 1st and let bernier run along (im sure the fans would love that one) 

Adding picks/prospects Next two seasons will be huge for us , after that i can see us turning it around ... as much as i f***en love bertuzzi and would keep him here longterm and see him as a playoff warrior and would trade vrana over him in a heartbeat i also think especially with his recent back issue if hes healthy all season and performs fans shouldnt be too shocked if hes moved for another 22 1st + 

Changes are coming

I really don't care about Gagner. I like his cap hit for a warm body, and that's about it.

I doubt Ryan wants to stay here at this point. Not a huge concern for me.

I would be all for trading for Ladd + Eriksson + Komarov and just letting them be our 4th line.

2 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I really don't care about Gagner. I like his cap hit for a warm body, and that's about it.

I doubt Ryan wants to stay here at this point. Not a huge concern for me.

I would be all for trading for Ladd + Eriksson + Komarov and just letting them be our 4th line.

Id just take about anybody else but gagner, even at a basement salary we werent able to move him at the deadline ... rather just see turgeon at that point (no i dont think hes an nhler) 

Ryan might as well go to a team like edmonton , so long as its not here im good

I think ladd can just be shipped down to grand rapids which id 100% be down for ... i think nyi are absorbing a big chunk even if hes sent down to the Ahl? If thats the case id do it for two years for a 1st in 22 ... cant see us putting 3 guys on the 4th line for picks but it would definitely get us in contention to get to the bottom of the league lol

ladd for a 22 1st , jarry for a 22 1st  ... both 1sts unprotected or no deal .... eriksson for a 22 2nd and thats a wrap for the summer

36 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Even if he was healthy he would of garnered us what a 3rd? Was fun while it lasted but id rather take on a s***ty player for a 2nd thus getting the better pick immediately than hoping he can stay healthy and get us something and in the process help us tank for wright 

Id much rather give tatar/janmark 4 mil x 1 than whatever ryan would fetch  x1 , if i had to guess they would have better odds of scoring 20-25 and giving us the better return 

I still think overpaying goligoski/edler would be the smart move , if they play well it would fetch us a nice return . Dmen are always in demand at the deadline look at what savard fetched

1. Ryan could have eclipsed the 20 goal mark if he stayed healthy. That would be more than a 3rd round pick coming back.

2. You would prefer to sign a redundant player to a multi-year contract than Ryan to a 1 year deal and trade him for a pick? Ok.

3. You really think an overpaid Edler or Goligoski will fetch more than Ryan at the TDL? The teams you trade them to still have to cover the rest of that overpayment you know.

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Ryan could have eclipsed the 20 goal mark if he stayed healthy. That would be more than a 3rd round pick coming back.

2. You would prefer to sign a redundant player to a multi-year contract than Ryan to a 1 year deal and trade him for a pick? Ok.

3. You really think an overpaid Edler or Goligoski will fetch more than Ryan at the TDL? The teams you trade them to still have to cover the rest of that overpayment you know.

He’s hit 20 once in like 5-7 yrs i wouldnt count on it happening again

a redundant player? Sorry to burst your bubble but ryan is exactly that , a rebundant player ... janmark/tatar brings more atm to a team .... and i mentioned x1 yr solely for the purpose of dealing them . I’d maybe consider janmark to 2 years and keep him for 23 trade deadline bait but i have zero interest really in signing anyone longer than one year atm

Yes i do , obviously depends if they bounce back but if we have edler at 4 mill and can trade him at 2 mill and hes still playing 20+ minutes a night and can bounce back to 25-35 pts after a bad season he would garner a nice return . Like i said dmen are always in demand come trade deadline ... i think an edler/seider pairing for one year would be good and although seider doesnt need to learn much im sure it would benefit him 

Savard deal involved a 3rd team and fetched cbj a 1st+ ... and we can always take back a bad contract in a deal , always a way to make things happen if a team really wants someone

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s hit 20 once in like 5-7 yrs i wouldnt count on it happening again

a redundant player? Sorry to burst your bubble but ryan is exactly that , a rebundant player ... janmark/tatar brings more atm to a team .... and i mentioned x1 yr solely for the purpose of dealing them . I’d maybe consider janmark to 2 years and keep him for 23 trade deadline bait but i have zero interest really in signing anyone longer than one year atm

Yes i do , obviously depends if they bounce back but if we have edler at 4 mill and can trade him at 2 mill and hes still playing 20+ minutes a night and can bounce back to 25-35 pts after a bad season he would garner a nice return . Like i said dmen are always in demand come trade deadline ... i think an edler/seider pairing for one year would be good and although seider doesnt need to learn much im sure it would benefit him 

Savard deal involved a 3rd team and fetched cbj a 1st+ ... and we can always take back a bad contract in a deal , always a way to make things happen if a team really wants someone

You're not getting Janmark or Tatar on a 1 year deal. And yes they would be redundant. A 3rd line center and middle 6 winger are abundant on this team already.

The difference with Ryan is that he could actually be had on a 1 year deal. And if he stays healthy and continues his play from last season, could get you a 2nd back at the TDL.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're not getting Janmark or Tatar on a 1 year deal. And yes they would be redundant. A 3rd line center and middle 6 winger are abundant on this team already.

The difference with Ryan is that he could actually be had on a 1 year deal. And if he stays healthy and continues his play from last season, could get you a 2nd back at the TDL.

I dont know if you noticed but teams are cash strapped and the cap isnt going up , these guys will be lucky if they land 2 year deals,and if x1 isnt enough so be it . Well that “3rd line C “ got a 2nd and a 3rd at the deadline and incase you havent noticed this team cant score .... actually probably for the best if they dont come here if we want best odds at wright 

cant for the life of me see someone giving up a 2nd for ryan , be lucky to land a 3rd at this stage in his career. 

Anyways

1 minute ago, Gniwder said:

RIGGED

Oddly enough THIS time, with only two draws, the worst team stays at #1! IF we only had two draws last year, we'd have ourselves LaFrenierre...but I think Raymond will be better anyhow!

So! #6... I am hoping for Hughes or Edvinsson, but if they're both gone maybe Eklund. I really think Yzerman will use the Washington pick on Cossa if he there. I'm not so sure he will use #6 on Wallstedt...but this IS Steve Yzerman so we will see!!!

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Oddly enough THIS time, with only two draws, the worst team stays at #1! IF we only had two draws last year, we'd have ourselves LaFrenierre...but I think Raymond will be better anyhow!

So! #6... I am hoping for Hughes or Edvinsson, but if they're both gone maybe Eklund. I really think Yzerman will use the Washington pick on Cossa if he there. I'm not so sure he will use #6 on Wallstedt...but this IS Steve Yzerman so we will see!!!

Wallstedt at #6 AND Cossa at #23/24

Aaaand we're back.

We'll be getting a reelgud player at 6. Furthermore, I'm expecting at least one "reach" in the top 5.

At the moment I could see it going like this:

1. BUF - Power
  2. SEA - Beniers
  3. ANA - Edvinsson
  4. NJD - Clarke
  5. CBJ - McTavish
  6. DET - Hughes
  7. SJS - Eklund

ANA takes Edvinsson because Edvinsson--Drysdale.

NJD takes Clarke because everyone wants a Clarke (and the Ducks already have one in Drysdale).

CBJ "reaches" for McTavish because they desperately need a centerman and McTavish's physicality fits the BJ's brand.

I'll go for the hot gut take and say DET goes into the draft prepared to take McTavish. They're surprised Hughes is available at 6 and, after some heated internal debate re: Eklund at the draft table, Yzerman says "Hughes--Seider motherf***ers eat s*** Drapes shut up Hakan you f***ing nerd ass" and we take Hughes. The teams ahead of us passed on Hughes only because they simply like the players they took more than they like Hughes. We pass on Eklund because he's a small playmaker and probably a winger at the NHL level and a Hughes--Seider future pairing is just too sexy to pass up.

Edited by Dabura

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Aaaand we're back.

We'll be getting a reelgud player at 6. Furthermore, I'm expecting at least one "reach" in the top 5.

At the moment I could see it going like this:

1. BUF - Power
  2. SEA - Beniers
  3. ANA - Edvinsson
  4. NJD - Clarke
  5. CBJ - McTavish
  6. DET - Hughes
  7. SJS - Eklund

ANA takes Edvinsson because Edvinsson--Drysdale.

NJD takes Clarke because everyone wants a Clarke (and the Ducks already have one in Drysdale).

CBJ "reaches" for McTavish because they desperately need a centerman and McTavish's physicality fits the BJ's brand.

I'll go for the hot gut take and say DET goes into the draft prepared to take McTavish. They're surprised Hughes is available at 6 and, after some heated internal debate re: Eklund at the draft table, Yzerman says "Hughes--Seider motherf***ers eat s*** Drapes shut up Hakan you f***ing nerd ass" and we take Hughes. The teams ahead of us passed on Hughes only because they simply like the players they took more than they like Hughes. We pass on Eklund because he's a small playmaker and probably a winger at the NHL level and a Hughes--Seider future pairing is just too sexy to pass up.

I can definitely see Guenther getting picked top 5 too. So I agree that if Detroit feels the need to plug that LHD hole a great option will be there at 6.

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

I can definitely see Guenther getting picked top 5 too. So I agree that if Detroit feels the need to plug that LHD hole a great option will be there at 6.

Yeah, how that top five will play out is anyone's guess and will probably stay that way.

I'll say this: I don't think we take Wallstedt. With Bernier and Greiss performing well behind a glorified AHL team, I don't feel the "In a few years we're going to need quality goaltending and it won't be available outside of the players we've drafted, so we need to take the goalie at 6" argument is a persuasive, winning argument right now. The "Wallstedt projects as a franchise guy while the skaters project as merely very solid players" argument is a bit more persuasive, but not persuasive enough, IMO.

Yzerman needs to put together a skating core. Ideally, 6OA is used on a guy who we think can essentially wrap up our rebuild either on the back end or at center.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, how that top five will play out is anyone's guess and will probably stay that way.

I think the only thing we can be a 100% sure of is that Buffalo is taking Power. Not only because hes thar much better than everyone else but because the Sabres lack the balls and the vision to look beyond the consensus number one pick. 

I love the fact that nobody in the rest of the hockey world has any idea whatsoever of what Yzerman is gonna do. 

15 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I think the only thing we can be a 100% sure of is that Buffalo is taking Power. Not only because hes thar much better than everyone else but because the Sabres lack the balls and the vision to look beyond the consensus number one pick. 

I love the fact that nobody in the rest of the hockey world has any idea whatsoever of what Yzerman is gonna do. 

I'm always very big on the consensus #1. You all know this. kip s***s on me for this. (Probably rightfully so.)

But this year? Meh.

I like Power, don't get me wrong. I just feel like the theme with these players, including Power, is that their success at the NHL level is probably going to be more strongly tied to and determined by their NHL linemates/partners than is normally the case with a set of top 10 draftees. And I suspect (based on not much, admittedly) that's how scouts and teams are approaching this draft, or at least within the top 10(+). GMs will talk up BPA like they always do, but I'm thinking a lot of these picks are going to be need-based.

So, in addition to what you said re: the Sabres taking Power, I'll add that I think having a smart all-around defenseman in Dahlin should largely cancel out Power's poo brain (that being the big knock against him) and, in theory, allow him to reach his full potential.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

I reckon Yzerman doesn't even know what Yzerman is gonna do lmao. Everything hinges on who goes in the top 5.

I'm not sure what I think of this idea really.

There is some thought that with the top 12-15 being the bridge between known and unknown really good talent in this draft, SY could package up the 23/24 pick with a 2nd or more and move up to the  9 -14 pick and nail someone he really loves.

OR... trust in his staff and shrake the crap out of the 2nd and 3rd round picks and scoop up as many high potential/high bust picks possible.  Thoughts?