• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

Seattle Expansion Draft: Who you pick?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Anyone else think these players are exposed because there's already a deal in place with Seattle to protect them? Like maybe the Canes already made a deal to protect Bean, therefore they don't need to protect him. We just haven't heard about the deal yet because they're announcing Seattle deals on the 21st at the expansion.

Absolutely possible

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

and neither team interested in moving either guy to at least get an asset for them.....................

I can't speak for Tampa's situation but for Carolina it makes sense NOT to trade Bean because they've got more than one pretty good player exposed. Say they trade Bean, and then Seattle takes Niederreiter. Now you've lost two really good players instead of one.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I can't speak for Tampa's situation but for Carolina it makes sense NOT to trade Bean because they've got more than one pretty good player exposed. Say they trade Bean, and then Seattle takes Niederreiter. Now you've lost two really good players instead of one.

Yes. As @marcaractac pointed out earlier.

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Troy Stecher was recruited to play for University of North Dakota. He spent three years there.

The coach who recruited him and coached him: Dave Hakstol

The current HC of the Seattle Krackers: Dave Hakstol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

Can't Danault only sign an 8 year with Montreal? Sign and draft? Why would Bergevin bother?
If Seattle is gonna draft him as a UFA and then sign him to an 8 year, wouldn't this mean Seattle is already negotiating with Danault? Why would Bergevin bother to give them that permission?

Seattle gets to negotiate with UFAs early. Pretty sure they need to draft a UFA to get that 8th year though. 

19 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

That means... Glendog...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nobody is signing Glendog to no damn 8 year deal haha. I'm gonna go out on a limb to say Glenny and Bernie have contracts ready to sign post Seattle draft.

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Nobody is signing Glendog to no damn 8 year deal haha. I'm gonna go out on a limb to say Glenny and Bernie have contracts ready to sign post Seattle draft.

I think thats a very thick and sturdy limb.

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I think he likes that filthy Dane Freddy Andersen

Ullmark and Mrazek are out there. Maybe Laurent Brossoit? I'd take a swing at Ullmark or Brossoit. Ullmark is injured a lot though. I'm content to just re-sign Bernier for now. That useful idiot has been pretty useful.

Doubt Andersen will be cheaper. And I dont think the other guys you mentioned are any better than Bernier.

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Just younger. Maybe they become staples in the league here soon and you can lean on them for 6-7 years. Bernier has maybe 2-3 year more solid seasons in him.

Bernier + Ulmark - Greiss. Best of both worlds

Just younger. Maybe they become staples in the league here soon and you can lean on them for 6-7 years. Bernier has maybe 2-3 year more solid seasons in him.

I mean, Brossoit is a 28 year old who never played more than 21 games in a NHL season. Ullmark have pretty decent stats though considering he played in Buffalo

I hate to keep reminding folks of this, but yeah, why the F would any sought after free agent sign up to be a Red Wing right now? We're basically limited to any half rate player who has connections with Yzerman (Filppula, Namestnikov) to total washups like Merrill, Nemeth, and Stecher.

Martinez maybe wants to finish his career in Michigan?

We're probably not pulling anyone in UFA who has another offer.

Totally fine with that in the case of Danault too, considering his type of player tends not to age well (see: Nielsen, Frans).

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

Hyman too. I could see him choosing Detroit for personal reasons, but we're really in no position to meet his contract demands (thank gawd).

For the time being, if we want to seriously beef up a position, Leddy style moves are what need to happen.

Yup, hence my desire to trade for Ryan Johansen (with salary retention obviously).