• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Training Camp, PTO's, Pre-Season Chat

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

 

- Seider without Leddy

- Will Nedeljkovic get lit upagain?

- will Berggren do stuff?

- I miss big Ras

- which of these noob D Men are going to poop pants tonight?

 

 

 

i hope Berggren performs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

i hope Berggren performs.

 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

 

- Seider without Leddy

- Will Nedeljkovic get lit upagain?

- will Berggren do stuff?

- I miss big Ras

- which of these noob D Men are going to poop pants tonight?

 

 

 

no Lil Bert....still..hmmmm back or jab issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/10/06/slow-starting-givani-smith-needs-show-red-wings-a-little-bit-more/6021535001/

in there what jumped out at me...

     

... Blashill can see a roster configuration where both forwards Bobby Ryan (in camp on a professional tryout) and rookie Lucas Raymond make the roster. It's been presumed keeping both players would be difficult, but with injuries and the impressive play of Ryan and Raymond, the Wings might pull it off.

"If we feel both will help our hockey team, make us a way better hockey team, we'll keep them," Blashill said. "We're not going to release or not keep somebody who is going to make us way better."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LIL Hillbilly Bert will be playing tonight. 

Too lazy to link so FU. 

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Lol it's cool, I'm an Edvinsson guy

What's with Seider not playing the body, like, at all in the preseason? A simple lean in would have stopped that entry by Laine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LIL Hillbilly Bert will be playing tonight. 

Too lazy to link so FU. 

What's with Seider not playing the body, like, at all in the preseason? A simple lean in would have stopped that entry by Laine. 

Probably told to take it easy? No need to get hurt before the season? It's not like he has to earn his spot anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My takeaways from what I've seen so far:

 

1) Raymond, Veleno, and Seider all need to be up with the big club permanently.  They are all green and have all looked shaky with the pace of the NHL at times, but they all have enough talent to take one of the spots on our 23 man roster.

2) Leddy is not a long term solution unless he's a 3rd pairing guy at a better contract rate.  Great guy to have for a pp, but a weak spot defensively.  

3) Greiss needs to go.  This guy looks like he's coming off a 4 year layoff, not a summer break.  Move on next season.

4) Bertuzzi-Larkin-UFA needs to be our 2nd line after the 2022 draft.  Should take a hard look at Filip Forsberg.

5) We need to suck this year to get Wright to make Zadina-Wright-Raymond our 1st line for the 2022-23 season.  A lot of you might not like Zadina, but he is doing just fine for a 21 year old #6 pick.  Get used to him improving and playing good hockey for us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

My takeaways from what I've seen so far:

 

1) Raymond, Veleno, and Seider all need to be up with the big club permanently.  They are all green and have all looked shaky with the pace of the NHL at times, but they all have enough talent to take one of the spots on our 23 man roster.

2) Leddy is not a long term solution unless he's a 3rd pairing guy at a better contract rate.  Great guy to have for a pp, but a weak spot defensively.  

3) Greiss needs to go.  This guy looks like he's coming off a 4 year layoff, not a summer break.  Move on next season.

4) Bertuzzi-Larkin-UFA needs to be our 2nd line after the 2022 draft.  Should take a hard look at Filip Forsberg.

5) We need to suck this year to get Wright to make Zadina-Wright-Raymond our 1st line for the 2022-23 season.  A lot of you might not like Zadina, but he is doing just fine for a 21 year old #6 pick.  Get used to him improving and playing good hockey for us. 

 

1. Should be.

2. No. Leddy is arguably the best dman on this team. Trading for a draft pick at the TDL is fine if he won't be re-signed, but he os most definitely not a 3rd pair, nor should he be paid like it.

3. Greiss is fine as a backup.

4. Bertuzzi, Larkin is certainly not a great top line, but if you can put together 2 top lines with that level of skill, the team should be fine.

5. We won't suck enough to draft Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, BOTH Raymond and Ryan have earned a spot.  As has Veleno and Seider. We'll deal with the roster issue when Vrana is back.

Send Smith, Rowney and Lindstrom through waivers. No big loss if we lose one or all of them.

 

Zadina - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Ryan

Erne - Veleno - Bertuzzi

Namestnikov - Mitchell - Rasmussen

Gagner

Leddy - Seider

DD - Hronek

Oesterle - Stecher

Staal

Nedeljkovic

Greiss

 

Obviously lines and pairings not set in stone, it's a nice problem to have when you can switch around these players and it will still work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

IMO, BOTH Raymond and Ryan have earned a spot.  As has Veleno and Seider. We'll deal with the roster issue when Vrana is back.

Send Smith, Rowney and Lindstrom through waivers. No big loss if we lose one or all of them.

 

Zadina - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Ryan

Erne - Veleno - Bertuzzi

Namestnikov - Mitchell - Rasmussen

Gagner

Leddy - Seider

DD - Hronek

Oesterle - Stecher

Staal

Nedeljkovic

Greiss

 

Obviously lines and pairings not set in stone, it's a nice problem to have when you can switch around these players and it will still work!

Really like Stephens already. Guy skates great and has a nice wrister. Forechecks well. Hopefully he continues to get better n better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's to hoping Bobby Ryan gets a contract today! From what I understand, the final cuts are due today.....

I wonder if they don't leave him off the original roster until all of the other teams' waivers clear, and then sign him.  At that point, most of the movement around the league will be handled and it would really charge a GM to have to cut another player they're high on in order to grab our guy going down.

Meaning, if an opposing team is luke-warm on a guy, they'll probably cut him for one of the initial waiver claims through this final round of cuts. Might increase our chances of sending a guy through waivers WITHOUT losing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to clog things up any more, but I sure wish Yzerman would put a claim in on Alex Barre-Boulet. He'd be worth waiving BOTH Smith and Rowney, plus Namestnikov IMO. I am still holding out hope for Bobby Ryan.

Also, I don't like Veleno practicing on the 4th line Right Wing. If he isn't going to get quality time, send him to GR to get more top minutes.

 

I am very, VERY angry at this. Smith will do nothing here, he should've been waived today. Ryan EARNED a spot here, Smith earned ZERO. I question this move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, any of Smith, Rowney and Namestnikov could've (and should've) been waived in order to keep Ryan. I don't get the Smith love. He is nothing. With this current roster, I see all of Namestnikov, Gagner and Stevens getting more playing time than Smith.

Also, Alex Barre-Boulet is available via waivers, he is tons and tons better than Smith. It would also stink to fins out Yzerman passed on him in order to keep Smith.

I mean, who makes these roster cut decisions? Is it Yzerman, or does Blashill make the decision? Please don't tell me it's Blashill, because that will be just one more reason to pile on the FIRE Blashill wagon for me.

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Kyle Turris on waivers. Beat out for a spot by Brendan Perlini lmao. 

Renouf, Witkowski, Barber, and Hirose on waivers. Guess Veleno and Smith are making the team. 

Sign him. He has shown good chemistry with Manth......oh! Nevermind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now