• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Training Camp, PTO's, Pre-Season Chat

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Just checked out a Dallas prospect thread and found an interesting tidbit: their announcer at last nights game said that Edvinsson was nr 1 on Dallas draft list.

Yeah. Ken Kal said that last night on the RW broadcast

25 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

They prefer not to be called Indians these days. In Canada they go by "first nations peoples". In USA they go by "injuns" or "red devils".

But yeah Big Snake was first nations I believe. Fought a lot too. Was a fan favorite not just for the name. Shame he didn't make it! 

Are you serious about Indians? 

He's looked really good. Still a little worried about his foot speed. He's going to need to add a lot of lower body strength to get that extra quickness up, otherwise I think he's going to struggle a little more against NHL defenders.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's looked really good. Still a little worried about his foot speed. He's going to need to add a lot of lower body strength to get that extra quickness up, otherwise I think he's going to struggle a little more against NHL defenders.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Anybody seen Joe Veleno? I swear he's supposed to be competing for a spot on the Wings roster but I just haven't really seen him around anywhere.

He's totally useless. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Call me crazy but I'm not worried about his skating. 

29 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's totally useless. 

I'm not "worried" per se. But I think skating could be the difference between him being a 60 pt. winger and an 80 pt. winger. I'm still very happy with 60, but 80 is elite.

36 minutes ago, town123 said:

Holy crap, do these numbers .look good for the Nucks?   

Pettersson, three x $7.35M AAV Hughes, six x $7.85M AAV

Seems like the Hughes deal could go either way - a great value, or possible an overpayment for a guy (if he doesn't rack up the pts) who's weak in his own end of the ice.

Didn't get to spend much time at TC this year. Wife loves going to Traverse City, but finds training camp boring. Based on what I did see:

1. Raymond showed absolute flashes of elite skill, but just looked gangly compared to the NHL regulars. He's going to need to bulk up to be an effective offensive player at the NHL level.

2. I thought Veleno looked good enough to earn a middle 6 role on the roster. We'll see if he does.

3. Troy Stecher is small and didn't look as good as I thought he was.

4. Marc Staal looked like one of the better D to me. Much better than I expected. He didn't lool like an aged vet nearing retirement.

5. Rasmussen still doesn't look as big as I was expecting. Tall, but not thick.

6. Smith looked competent. Nothing special, but good enough. Same with Stephens.

7. Witkowski somehow looked smaller and less intimidating. Maybe it was the lack of beard.

8. I was impressed with Tyutyayev. He's small, but has good speed and hands. I would not be surprised to see him in the NHL if he bulks up. A "diamond in the rough" steal as a 7th round pick.

9. Bobby Ryan was there on a PTO. I didn't get to see much of him, but with the Vrana injury, I would not be surprised if he gets another 1 year deal. Played great in the first preseason game.

10. Where was Suter? 

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's totally useless. 

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not "worried" per se. But I think skating could be the difference between him being a 60 pt. winger and an 80 pt. winger. I'm still very happy with 60, but 80 is elite.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Raymond showed absolute flashes of elite skill, but just looked gangly compared to the NHL regulars. He's going to need to bulk up to be an effective offensive player at the NHL level.

Like I said a few weeks ago in a different thread: Raymond absolutely does need to bulk up and just generally get stronger. Which isn't a knock on him. It simply means he's 19 and he's never trained with an NHL organization and it shows. He'll get bigger, stronger, faster. At which point he'll be truly ready to rock.

Like I also said a few weeks ago in that thread: I think Raymond has the potential to be roughly as good as Zetterberg. I really mean that. He's not the flashiest player to ever play the game, but he's a remarkable player. If he's a 60-point NHLer, I'm going to be a little disappointed.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Like I said a few weeks ago in a different thread: Raymond absolutely does need to bulk up and just generally get stronger. Which isn't a knock on him. It simply means he's 19 and he's never trained with an NHL organization and it shows. He'll get bigger, stronger, faster. At which point he'll be truly ready to rock.

Like I also said a few weeks ago in that thread: I think Raymond has the potential to be roughly as good as Zetterberg. I really mean that. He's not the flashiest player to ever play the game, but he's a remarkable player. If he's a 60-point NHLer, I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Around these parts that's an elite uber NHLer if we're talking about a dog named Zadina lol

I mean 35 points is @#$ing amazing, apparently.  LOL

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Seems like the Hughes deal could go either way - a great value, or possible an overpayment for a guy (if he doesn't rack up the pts) who's weak in his own end of the ice.

Bang on. No sold on Hughes tbh. His defensive game last season was horrendous 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

A lot of fans seem to think he is going to be on the roster based on camp and preseason. He isn't. They need to de-hype.

21 hours ago, mackel said:

Around these parts that's an elite uber NHLer if we're talking about a dog named Zadina lol

I mean 35 points is @#$ing amazing, apparently.  LOL

This is basically a make-or-break season for Zadina, at least in terms of fan patience. The honeymoon is over; these shots need to start finding the back of the net:

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This is basically a make-or-break season for Zadina, at least in terms of fan patience. The honeymoon is over; these shots need to start finding the back of the net:

Don't hold your breath...  I see sweet, sweet vindication in my future lol

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

A lot of fans seem to think he is going to be on the roster based on camp and preseason. He isn't. They need to de-hype.

I'm on record saying as saying he has no chance. But that was before we lost Vrana for the next 4+ months. I mean, I dunno that losing Vrana really changes anything re: Raymond. But maybe it does.