• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Sooooo, Cossa looked pretty good the other night. Do we think that's an anomaly or was he always the dude who dominated the ECHL last year playing behind a talent laden GR defense corps?

Dont know what's not to like about a 20 year old 6'6" goalie having success at every level.  Most goalies are breaking into the league at what - 25/26?  Cossa just needs to hone his game.  He's a bull in a china shop.  When he gets used to the speed and the game slows down for him, we're all going to be happy.

5 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Don't look now but Andrew Gibson is a point per game player with the greyhounds

This dude has NHL defenseman written all over him. I think he's going to be a longer term project for sure, but I love his tools and attitude. He's just gotta learn to defend. This was a solid 2nd round pick that I didn't think much of at the time.

16 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dont know what's not to like about a 20 year old 6'6" goalie having success at every level.  Most goalies are breaking into the league at what - 25/26?  Cossa just needs to hone his game.  He's a bull in a china shop.  When he gets used to the speed and the game slows down for him, we're all going to be happy.

He doesn't fight. Shouldn't you start a "Cossa's Downfall" thread about it?

Tonight will be Danielson's 4th game back in the WHL. He should be dominating but...he isn't. One point through three games is not what you'd expect from someone his age playing at that level. I'm sure he's disappointed at being sent down and all but he's hardly the first top ten pick to be sent back to juniors and continued lackluster play may portend a bigger issue with injury/attitude.

56 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Tonight will be Danielson's 4th game back in the WHL. He should be dominating but...he isn't. One point through three games is not what you'd expect from someone his age playing at that level. I'm sure he's disappointed at being sent down and all but he's hardly the first top ten pick to be sent back to juniors and continued lackluster play may portend a bigger issue with injury/attitude.

Ralph-Macchio-Pat-Morita-e1612558629819.

Ress abowt quantiddy, morrrr abowt quarrity Danier San

57 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Ralph-Macchio-Pat-Morita-e1612558629819.

Ress abowt quantiddy, morrrr abowt quarrity Danier San

good call.  if im Danielson with a 900k contract and inline to make MILLIONS at the NHL level, Im going 75% in Brandon too. The Yzerplan is so flawed in this regard. Getting drafted #8 in the NHL is, or should be, an instant roster spot on the big club.  This is the equivalent of graduating high school, getting accepted to Princeton, and then being sent back to high school to take junior year level classes a 2nd time.  Any success in Brandon this year is completely meaningless.  If he blows out a knee or achilles, it could destroy his life.  He is in a zero sum game right now because of the all knowing Yzerman.  Stupid management, if you ask me.  Even Holland got this one right with big Ras.  Same situation handled the RIGHT way.

34 minutes ago, town123 said:

If Natedoggie is going 75% in Brandon, then we don't want him long term.   Might as well ship him with Eddog, two specs and two 1sts for Pettersson.

Why does it matter what he does at Brandon this year?  We drafted him for what he did LAST YEAR.  It wasn't like we drafted him and said "And now for your 2nd year of tryouts."  The guy GRADUATED from Brandon last year and should be on the Redwings or in Sweden, since he can't play in the AHL for stupid reasons.  Sending him back to Brandon was a dumb decision.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

good call.  if im Danielson with a 900k contract and inline to make MILLIONS at the NHL level, Im going 75% in Brandon too. The Yzerplan is so flawed in this regard. Getting drafted #8 in the NHL is, or should be, an instant roster spot on the big club.  This is the equivalent of graduating high school, getting accepted to Princeton, and then being sent back to high school to take junior year level classes a 2nd time.  Any success in Brandon this year is completely meaningless.  If he blows out a knee or achilles, it could destroy his life.  He is in a zero sum game right now because of the all knowing Yzerman.  Stupid management, if you ask me.  Even Holland got this one right with big Ras.  Same situation handled the RIGHT way.

I blame the CHL and that stupid agreement.   It's going to kill their league over time... players will opt to go elsewhere to avoid this very situation. 

21 minutes ago, mackel said:

I blame the CHL and that stupid agreement.   It's going to kill their league over time... players will opt to go elsewhere to avoid this very situation. 

Yup.  There is too much money at stake for these guys.  It wont be long before a guy like Danielson has his agent notify the team he's going to sit out the year if sent down.  I would if I was his agent 

51 minutes ago, mackel said:

My man. "Agreement' means 2 parties. NHL gets ye old blame-hammer for this too!

I agree tho. It's stupid. Times are changing. Kill it. If the CHL dies? meh. They kind of deserve it for other things anyway. 

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

My man. "Agreement' means 2 parties. NHL gets ye old blame-hammer for this too!

I agree tho. It's stupid. Times are changing. Kill it. If the CHL dies? meh. They kind of deserve it for other things anyway. 

Hockey Canada is cancer at this point

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Rasmussen got sent back down because he wasn't ready. What are you talking about? And every other Yzerman draft pick was picked higher than Danielson and not one of them was ready to play their draft year.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yup.  There is too much money at stake for these guys.  It wont be long before a guy like Danielson has his agent notify the team he's going to sit out the year if sent down.  I would if I was his agent 

This would be entirely dumb and the worst thing Danielson could do for his development.

27 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Rasmussen got sent back down because he wasn't ready. What are you talking about? And every other Yzerman draft pick was picked higher than Danielson and not one of them was ready to play their draft year.

This would be entirely dumb and the worst thing Danielson could do for his development.

Nope.  Rasmussen stayed first year.  THEN went down to the AHL the following year.  This happened for the exact reason we are discussing.

23 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why does it matter what he does at Brandon this year?  We drafted him for what he did LAST YEAR.  It wasn't like we drafted him and said "And now for your 2nd year of tryouts."  The guy GRADUATED from Brandon last year and should be on the Redwings or in Sweden, since he can't play in the AHL for stupid reasons.  Sending him back to Brandon was a dumb decision.

Just saying that if he has a crap attitude going back to Juniors then maybe banging Carly turned him into a diva.

I get your point and even said back whenever; 'can we send him to Sweden for the year instead of junior?'    But alas, the season has already started there and we can't do that.   Or can we?   Surely SY has some pull with Rogle?   No rule says he HAS to play in Brandon.

10 minutes ago, town123 said:

Just saying that if he has a crap attitude going back to Juniors then maybe banging Carly turned him into a diva.

I get your point and even said back whenever; 'can we send him to Sweden for the year instead of junior?'    But alas, the season has already started there and we can't do that.   Or can we?   Surely SY has some pull with Rogle?   No rule says he HAS to play in Brandon.

Imagine banging the main wings chick and then getting sent down. Has to sting. Wonder if she regrets that move.

13 minutes ago, town123 said:

Most SHL teams have a strong incentive not to invest in North American talent unless the player is going to be around a while. In that league each team is only allowed a few non-Swedish players so they use those spots wisely, rarely taking a North American skater unless they're willing to sign a couple year deal. Many people don't know this because during the pandemic guys like Rasmussen, Veleno, Seider, Zadina, all played in Euro leagues. That was the exception and I think in most of those cases the leagues waived those contract limits in order to showcase their leagues using really high end NHL prospects.