• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

Playoff HYPE, next 6 games

Rate this topic

I am torn while I want to see us in the playoffs I also want to see us be contenders for YEARS. 

So I am going to jump off the hype train for this year's playoffs and be graceful about us dropping to 11th from bottom. I expect no movement in our draft pick. But with some shedding on the top team and adding some of the kids from GR. I will hit next season with it's time for playoffs mentality.

After last night's wreck I think we need to get someone with a bit of bite. I wondered if Tkachuck would have been so lippy,  if there had been a Lapointe, DMac, Joey, Probie, Drake, Shanny on the bench. I think having a couple of forwards capable of scoring and being nasty is still possible in this league. 

12 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am torn while I want to see us in the playoffs I also want to see us be contenders for YEARS. 

So I am going to jump off the hype train for this year's playoffs and be graceful about us dropping to 11th from bottom. I expect no movement in our draft pick. But with some shedding on the top team and adding some of the kids from GR. I will hit next season with it's time for playoffs mentality.

After last night's wreck I think we need to get someone with a bit of bite. I wondered if Tkachuck would have been so lippy,  if there had been a Lapointe, DMac, Joey, Probie, Drake, Shanny on the bench. I think having a couple of forwards capable of scoring and being nasty is still possible in this league. 

Nonononononononono

WE CAN STILL DO THIS GUYS

HYPE

HYPE

HYPE

Cmon

Guys? Cmon

Just now, AtlantaHotWings said:

That train fired up last night at the end of the first....issue is we are sellers with nothing on the shelves at the store. 

Yah, not understanding why Yzerman doesnt want to work more than 2 days a season.  We should have been involved in something by now with our roster logjam.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, not understanding why Yzerman doesnt want to work more than 2 days a season.  We should have been involved in something by now with our roster logjam.

Lol. Are you bringing back the "works 2 days a year" thing from the Holland days?

Update: we're still very much in the hunt, but we've slipped a bit due to OTT

NYI - 70 pts (0 games) ---WC

PIT - 69 pts (4 games) ---WC

BUF - 66 pts (5 games)

FLA - 66 pts (2 games)

OTT - 64 pts (4 games)

DET - 64 pts (4 games)

WSH - 64 pts (2 games)

We basically have to win a lot going forward and hope BUF and NYI slip up

Just now, Walman6million said:

BUF - 66 pts (5 games)

FLA - 66 pts (2 games)

OTT - 64 pts (4 games)

DET - 64 pts (4 games)

WSH - 64 pts (2 games)

*** off

21 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

BUF - 66 pts (5 games)

FLA - 66 pts (2 games)

OTT - 64 pts (4 games)

DET - 64 pts (4 games)

WSH - 64 pts (2 games)

Dude, when you get waxed by Ottawa... it's time to face reality. 

Edited by mackel

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Marijuana has that effect on people.    

56 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

BUF - 66 pts (5 games)

FLA - 66 pts (2 games)

OTT - 64 pts (4 games)

DET - 64 pts (4 games)

WSH - 64 pts (2 games)

LOL.  Give it up dude.  

I still want to see what's left of DRW pushing hard for the rest of the season to sneak into the playoffs.  Just playing games like these are gonna be worthwhile learning experiences for the young players, and they will have to learn the hard way (see Ottawa) what's required, and what isn't good enough to cut it at that level.  If nothing else, those kids got that lesson in spades this week, and Yzerman cutting ties with two more Holland leftovers (for two more first round picks) sends its own message.  The kids are seeing the GM sign the valued vets to deals, and shipping the others out for picks.  If they're not putting two and two together, and coming out to show they are willing to lay it on the line meaningfully for their teammates now ... then ship them out, too.

20 hours ago, town123 said:

I will not calm down !

Can we just lose out now?   I want to have at least a chance to get you know who.

Start looking at who is going to be around picks 9, 10,11 and 12 cause that's where we are picking..

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
info