• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Playoffs General Thread

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So is McCann heathy now? Cuz he’s sort of important. 

To be honest I forgot he was hurt. But he's day to day which is about as healthy as you're going to be in the NHL playoffs.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lidstrom's only serious injury at the WORST time.  That sucked.

Rafalski being broken was what changed the course of that series. There was that goal where he got beaten 1v1, which gave the Pens life. Can't recall if it was a tying or go-ahead goal, but god damn...

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Whats almost equally nice is that the Habs pick move from 17 to 29-32. f*** the Habs.

IF.... the Scabs offered up 5 & 29-32 for 9 & 17. would you say yes?   Only on draft day if certain players were still available?

27 minutes ago, town123 said:

IF.... the Scabs offered up 5 & 29-32 for 9 & 17. would you say yes?   Only on draft day if certain players were still available?

Idk. From what I’ve gathered on the draft there seems to be some seperation from the top four and the rest. Bedard stands alone, obviously.

Bedard

Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov

Smith, Dvorsky, Benson etc..

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Idk. From what I’ve gathered on the draft there seems to be some seperation from the top four and the rest. Bedard stands alone, obviously.

Bedard

I dont think Bedard is going to turn out to be as good as everybody thinks, tbh.  Fantilli is the real deal, tho.  

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Bedard

What do I know?   IMO Smith is in the 2nd tier and gets picked before Michkov.

I would consider this trade only if Carlsson or Smith were available assuming Fantilli is 2nd off the board.   You never know what team has what player ranked on their own draftboard.

If your top 4 plus Smith are gone then I wouldn't make the deal.   We're getting a top 6 forward or top 4 D at #9.   Looking at the past 10 years only of drafts, the  15-18 picks are pretty dang good if you pick the right guy.   considering this is a deeper draft apparently, I'd be happy to pick players rather than trade away one for a player.  Another can of worms, what player?

7 minutes ago, town123 said:

would consider this trade only if Carlsson or Smith were available assuming Fantilli is 2nd off the board

If thats the case then I would definitely do it. 

The only team I see that would trade on draft day would be Vancouver.   They might be tempted with a player (Z?) , their 2nd rounder back and a swap of 17 for 11.

OTH, the Jets could as well, with no 2nd rounder.   If Stevie really can't decide between two guys at #17 perhaps he adds #18 for our 2nd rounders, or combination of picks.

Or just let our scouts have their fun with those three 2nd rounders.   

The draft always has surprises with guys dropping.