• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

A cap heavy team couldn't re-sign a TDL acquisition explains nothing. Either explain what you're getting at or STFU.

A "cap heavy team" that lost Bergeron, Krejci, and Hall off their books couldn't find 5.5 million on a one year deal? Lol.

They clearly didn't want him. Just like Detroit. But I'm sure it's a feather in his cap knowing that the criminally incompetent Maple Leafs were dying to bring him into the fold. What a great idea that's shaping up to be.

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

A "cap heavy team" that lost Bergeron, Krejci, and Hall off their books couldn't find 5.5 million on a one year deal? Lol.

They clearly didn't want him. Just like Detroit. But I'm sure it's a feather in his cap knowing that the criminally incompetent Maple Leafs were dying to bring him into the fold. What a great idea that's shaping up to be.

You're not this stupid and unaware of their cap issues

If you wanna claim their is off ice issues cite it retard

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

You're not this stupid and unaware of their cap issues

If you wanna claim their is off ice issues cite it retard

Teams make space for players all the time. Look at Tampa and Vegas. It's not hard to find cap space if you need it. Boston could have traded their 5 million dollar backup goalie (for instance).

What more needs to be said about what's going on in Bert's head? His coach just demoted him to the fourth line and said he couldn't (or wouldn't) execute a simple game plan. Sounds lazy and entitled to me. Pretty much jives with all the rumors we've heard over the years.

Edited by kipwinger

Teams make space for players all the time. Look at Tampa and Vegas. It's not hard to find cap space if you need it. Boston could have traded their 5 million dollar backup goalie (for instance).

What more needs to be said about what's going on in Bert's head? His coach just demoted him to the fourth line and said he couldn't (or wouldn't) execute a simple game plan. Sounds lazy and entitled to me. Pretty much jives with all the rumors we've heard over the years.

What rumors - post em

I don't work for you. You've got fingers, use them. Nobody here at LGW is a stranger to Bert's mercurial behavior.

What other insights are the head movies giving you?

Just now, kipwinger said:

There are as many people here as there are Tyler Bertuzzi goals in the last 8 games.

And yet you still cant support your claims. I'd love to have a convo now that your back - but instead you decided to bs and lie. shame.

Here's a pretty good article that lays out all the ways in which Bert has been lazy and disinterested for Toronto...earning his time on the 4th line.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/upon-further-review-why-is-tyler-bertuzzi-in-sheldon-keefes-doghouse/

Ah yes esteemed writer Justin Borune lol

I'd have more respect if you wrote it yourself and didn't pretend like Justin was some type of official presence

Leaf fans are very unhappy with Domi and Bertuzzi. I really don't know what they were expecting. They thought they'd come in and be physical, tough, etc., but they're not those type of players. They're more annoying to play against, like a Draper Maltby type. They don't have the size to play a physical game. Plus they're only playing 13-15 minutes a game.

The Leafs, who continue to refuse to address their problems on D, instead bring in forwards, are being left behind. 

Edited by Barrie

We are far better WITHOUT Bertuzzi. Plus it's even more satisfying that we used the pick to UPGRADE to DeBrincat. If we deal with Toronto at the TDL it won't be for Bertuzzi. 

Kane is coming! 3 year deal NMC.

We'll acquire a big piece at the TDL (Nylander?) and when we fall short in the playoffs we will sign Stamkos come UFA and be favorites next season. Who and what we trade away is the question though.

(We=The Detroit Red Wings)

21 hours ago, Barrie said:

Leaf fans are very unhappy with Domi and Bertuzzi. I really don't know what they were expecting. They thought they'd come in and be physical, tough, etc., but they're not those type of players. They're more annoying to play against, like a Draper Maltby type. They don't have the size to play a physical game. Plus they're only playing 13-15 minutes a game.

The Leafs, who continue to refuse to address their problems on D, instead bring in forwards, are being left behind. 

but they brought in Klingberg

17 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Source: youre gaey

well then makes me a part of the most powerful groups in the country while still pretending to be oppressed

2 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

but they brought in Klingberg

well then makes me a part of the most powerful groups in the country while still pretending to be oppressed

I didnt mean gagy in the homophobic way - i meant it purely in the insulting sense.

Reports coming in that CGF are trying to trade Christopher Tanev, Noah Hanafin, and Nick Zadorov.

Here is what I would do: Trade them Ben Chariot and a 2nd round pick for Zadorov. We escape that long contract that BC has. They get a defender that is signed to play for them for a good long time while they retool.

Seider - Walman
Gostisbhere - Holl
Petry - Zadorov
Matta

Then next year Z can go back to Russia and Gostisbhere can sign for a large contract back in Philly or Arizona. Giving us enough room to bring some rookies up and complete the rebuild.

Mantha also looks like he's available. I'm wondering how cheap we could bring him back for. Any thoughts?