• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

My off season moves would be to sign Damon Severson to pair with Edvinsson on the 2nd pair. And Sign Barbashev to play 3C. Thats it.

I actually don't want any additions to the top 6 because I want to maximize the return for Kubalik by playing him with Larkin and Raymond. If he can top 50 points, we could get a 1st back at the TDL. I also want to keep Perron in the top 6 for the same reason.

My roster would be:

Kubalik-Larkin-Raymond

Fabbri-Copp-Perron

Kasper-Barbashev-Berggren

Soderblom-Rasmussen-Zadina

Veleno

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Severson

Maatta-Chiarot

Johansson

Edited by Axl Foley

5 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

My off season moves would be to sign Damon Severson to pair with Edvinsson on the 2nd pair. And Sign Barbashev to play 3C. Thats it.

I actually don't want any additions to the top 6 because I want to maximize the return for Kubalik by playing him with Larkin and Raymond. If he can top 50 points, we could get a 1st back at the TDL. I also want to keep Perron in the top 6 for the same reason.

My roster would be:

Kubalik-Larkin-Raymond

Fabbri-Copp-Perron

Kasper-Barbashev-Berggren

Soderblom-Rasmussen-Zadina

Veleno

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Severson

Maatta-Chiarot

Johansson

I hate that none of you are riding shotgun with me on my quest to convince the sheeple that we don't have to live like this.

You are all spineless sellouts and will be judged accordingly at the pearly gates. I don't know how you sleep at night.

my_coward_meme_by_gxfan537_deif9y6-fullv

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I hate that none of you are riding shotgun with me on my quest to convince the sheeple that we don't have to live like this.

You are all spineless sellouts and will be judged accordingly at the pearly gates. I don't know how you sleep at night.

my_coward_meme_by_gxfan537_deif9y6-fullv

wha?

Trade 1:

To Det: Timo Meier

To NJ: 2023 17OA, 2023 2nd, Perron, Albert Johansson

Trade 2:

To Det: Mark Scheifele

To Winn: 2024 1st (Boston), 2023 2nd, Zadina,

UFA Signings:

Miles Wood

Scott Mayfield

Meier-Larkin-Kubalik

Copp-Scheifele-Raymond

Ras-Kasper-Wood

Berggren-Veleno-Mazur

Fabbri

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Mayfield

Maatta-Chiarot

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Trade 1:

To Det: Timo Meier

To NJ: 2023 17OA, 2023 2nd, Perron, Albert Johansson

Trade 2:

To Det: Mark Scheifele

To Winn: 2024 1st (Boston), 2023 2nd, Zadina,

UFA Signings:

Miles Wood

Scott Mayfield

Meier-Larkin-Kubalik

Copp-Scheifele-Raymond

Ras-Kasper-Wood

Berggren-Veleno-Mazur

Fabbri

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Mayfield

Maatta-Chiarot

To SEA: RFA rights of Lindstrom and Veleno

To DET: RFA rights of Will Borgen

To BOS: Zadina

To DET: negotiating rights to Tyler Bertuzzi

Sign: Tyler Motte for around $1 mil

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond

Kubalik - Copp - Perron

Fabbri - Kasper - Ras

Berggren - Motte - Mazur

Soderblom

Walman - Seider

Edvinsson - Borgen

Maata - Chiarot

41 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

To SEA: RFA rights of Lindstrom and Veleno

To DET: RFA rights of Will Borgen

To BOS: Zadina

To DET: negotiating rights to Tyler Bertuzzi

Sign: Tyler Motte for around $1 mil

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond

Kubalik - Copp - Perron

Fabbri - Kasper - Ras

Berggren - Motte - Mazur

Soderblom

Walman - Seider

Edvinsson - Borgen

Maata - Chiarot

Woof.

Just now, Walman6million said:

My moves also dont recquire giving up great assets. 

And? At some point we've got to stop kicking the can down the road and try to actually win games. We've been making our first round picks since Mantha and it's gotten us nowhere. Maybe we should try to flip those extra 1st rounders for established talent this time. Or we could just keep using them on guys like Veleno and Cossa and cross our fingers.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

And? At some point we've got to stop kicking the can down the road and try to actually win games. We've been making our first round picks since Mantha and it's gotten us nowhere. Maybe we should try to flip those extra 1st rounders for established talent this time. Or we could just keep using them on guys like Veleno and Cossa and cross our fingers.

Yzerplan has always been about patience. Yall are hopped up on chiarots and red bull. 

3 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Yzerplan has always been about patience. Yall are hopped up on chiarots and red bull. 

Patience and trades aren't mutually exclusive. We've got four 1st round picks, and at least four 2nd rounders, in the next two drafts. It's not like trading a few of them is going to gut our already top of the league farm system.

If the playoffs this year has taught me anything it's that when premier talent becomes available you need to act. There are a million excuses to talk yourself out of going all-in on guys like Eichel, or Tkachuk, or Stone, or Pietrangelo, or Reinhart, or Bennett, or whomever. Most teams do. But it definitely seems like its paying off for the teams that go out and get what they need. We need a 2C, some scoring, and a top four defenseman. We're not getting that without giving up assets. I'd rather it be picks than guys like Berggren, Mazur, Wallinder, Sodorblom, Lombardi, etc.

Edited by kipwinger

35 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Patience and trades aren't mutually exclusive. We've got four 1st round picks, and at least four 2nd rounders, in the next two drafts. It's not like trading a few of them is going to gut our already top of the league farm system.

If the playoffs this year has taught me anything it's that when premier talent becomes available you need to act. There are a million excuses to talk yourself out of going all-in on guys like Eichel, or Tkachuk, or Stone, or Pietrangelo, or Reinhart, or Bennett, or whomever. Most teams do. But it definitely seems like its paying off for the teams that go out and get what they need. We need a 2C, some scoring, and a top four defenseman. We're not getting that without giving up assets. I'd rather it be picks than guys like Berggren, Mazur, Wallinder, Sodorblom, Lombardi, etc.

Id rather use our extra picks to trade up and get a goalie 

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Clearly

We can probably get Bjarnason with our second 1st. So no need to trade that pick. But Hrabal is someone I don't want to pass on either at 6'6". We can probably trade two of our 2nds to move up and ****** him up at around 30-35. If Bjarnason goes before 18th, we probably have to make that move to get either Hrabal or Hellnemo.

We absolutely need another G soon so we have someone to pit against Cossa. No way do I want that kid having an automatic path to the NHL.

Where do u guys land on Suter?  I'm not a fan of keeping him.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:25 PM, Walman6million said:

We can probably get Bjarnason with our second 1st. So no need to trade that pick. But Hrabal is someone I don't want to pass on either at 6'6". We can probably trade two of our 2nds to move up and ****** him up at around 30-35. If Bjarnason goes before 18th, we probably have to make that move to get either Hrabal or Hellnemo.

We absolutely need another G soon so we have someone to pit against Cossa. No way do I want that kid having an automatic path to the NHL.

We have pick 17 now, broski.

33 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Where do u guys land on Suter?  I'm not a fan of keeping him.

We have pick 17 now, broski.

Pass on Suter. Not a bad bottom 6 center at all, but Id like someone with a bit more edge/grit in that spot. 

30 minutes ago, town123 said:

Suter isn't even viable for a 3C.   Pretty sure we'll be snagging someone with our 9 or 17 that will be our 3C, 2C, 1C.

Agreed.  I'd love for our 17 pick to be a big, fast center with monster defensive abilities.  Would be nice to permanently free up Rasmussen to play top 6 winger and not have to use him as bottom 6 center.  

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  I'd love for our 17 pick to be a big, fast center with monster defensive abilities.  Would be nice to permanently free up Rasmussen to play top 6 winger and not have to use him as bottom 6 center.  

Top 6 winger? That would be a mistake.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Short of injury Rasmussen will never play center again. We have Larkin, Copp, Kasper, and Veleno. Fabbri can also play there as well. Ras solidified himself on the wing last season

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Short of injury Rasmussen will never play center again. We have Larkin, Copp, Kasper, and Veleno. Fabbri can also play there as well. Ras solidified himself on the wing last season

Maybe on the PK

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

Top 6 winger? That would be a mistake.

Uhhh, have you not been paying attention?

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

This is what I just said!