• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No comment on the rest of it but with regards to Ottawa, Yzerman is def beating Doiron in a staring competition rn.

The Sens don't pick until the 4th round this year. Jumping the gun just like NYR and Van.

The most patient GM wins in this case I think.

And the Habs will f*** it up I'm sure. Probably starts with bringing that loser PL Dubois on board 

21 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I honestly completely disagree. Wasting mad assets on a another Bertuzzi/Vrana level forward after we just sold those players would be impulsive and idiotic.

I'm only for it in a steal situation. Or it's a foundational superstar piece. Anything else is a waste.

And for the record, I don't buy into the "Red Wings dont have superstars we're a depth team" gong show theory. I think Kasper, Seider, Edddogg, and Raymond have superstar potential and we need to wait, not be toronto impaatient iddiots.

To be clear: I'm not saying we should go all in and pretend like the rebuild's over.

I'm saying if we're trying to improve and be a competitive team that can maybe steal a playoff spot, then we should be serious about that.

If we can get DeBrincat for cheapish, that'd be my preference. But I'm ok with paying a decent price for a high-end player if there's no cheap high-end option. Because I feel the scoring problem is bad enough that internal growth + UFA plug-ins isn't going to make much of a dent in it - at least not for the next couple years.

The cool thing is that we can have it both ways: we can go out and spend some assets and get a high-end guy, and we'll still have young players that will continue to grow and improve.

Edited by Dabura

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Tweet says OVER nimrod 

It's nimrod tweet.

There's only 10 players in the league that make more than 10 million. Only 7 teams that have players over 10 million.

4 of those players make just barely over 10 million.

But Florida has a goalie that only make a measly 10 mil. Proof you don't need to hand out big contracts...

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

To be clear: I'm not saying we should go all in and pretend like the rebuild's over.

I'm saying if we're trying to improve and be a competitive team that can maybe steal a playoff spot, then we should be serious about that.

If we can get DeBrincat for cheapish, that'd be my preference. But I'm ok with paying a decent price for a high-end player if there's no cheap high-end option. Because I feel the scoring problem is bad enough that internal growth + UFA plug-ins isn't going to make much of a dent in it - at least not for the next couple years.

The cool thing is that we can have it both ways: we can go out and spend some assets and get a high-end guy, and we'll still have young players that will continue to grow and improve.

I don't think it's the right time yet.

I do think it's the right time to target big fish UFAs. Instead of signing 5 future trade pieces. Sign one or two guys you really like.

Then sell Kubalik and Perron. Let the kids grow.

Then sell Fabbri and Maata. Let the kids grow.

Then ask sensei for forgiveness and go all out.

I think the next two seasons SY will be looking for his kids/team to prove they deserve it. If they do in a big way at any point, then the switch gets flipped. Till then I see him still acting fairly conservative with his assets.

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My offseason moves:

Nick Foligno - 2 years, 3 mil per

Ryan Reaves - 2 years, 1.5 mil per

Radko Gudas - 5 years, 3.5 mil per

Physical bottom six plug: Hathaway or Acciari - $whatever$ x 2

Utility Top 9 Guy: Barbashev - 4 x 4

Bottom pair RD Veteran that will be better than Lindstrom: Stone/E.Johnson/Schenn/Braun - $whatever$ x 1 year

Top 4 RHD? - either be patient and draft one of trade for RFA type that moves needle

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Physical bottom six plug: Hathaway or Acciari - $whatever$ x 2

Utility Top 9 Guy: Barbashev - 4 x 4

Bottom pair RD Veteran that will be better than Lindstrom: Stone/E.Johnson/Schenn/Braun - $whatever$ x 1 year

Top 4 RHD? - either be patient and draft one of trade for RFA type that moves needle

I draft Reinbacher if he's available

I think we've had some bad luck - Vrana

No Bert for most of the year and then SY couldn't/wouldn't agree on a deal.

SY couldn't turn down the deal for Hronek as he probably figures he can either trade for or draft his upgraded replacement with either pick.

Zadina sucks.  Fabbri always hurt.

So yeah we need scoring, but, all of the above just pushed our timeline out a bit more.   

18 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I think the next two seasons SY will be looking for his kids/team to prove they deserve it. If they do in a big way at any point, then the switch gets flipped. Till then I see him still acting fairly conservative with his assets.

That's definitely the plan. And, on the whole, I support it. But I think we can have our cake and eat it too; bringing in a high-end scorer doesn't mean saying goodbye to the rebuild.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

That's definitely the plan. And, on the whole, I support it. But I think we can have our cake and eat it too; bringing in a high-end scorer doesn't mean saying goodbye to the rebuild.

Killorn or Tarasenko?   

We have to replace Suter/Erne on the PK AND try to get Larkin off the PK. He's a great PKer but his time is better used at even strength.

JT Compher - $4.5 x 4 - played with Larkin and Ladd at UofM - Excellent 2way forward and PKer

Tyler Motte - $1.5 x 2 - played with Larkin and Ladd at UofM - Excellent PKer

Ironically really the only other big PK forwards I'd be interested in are Glendog and Nosek.

PK lines:

Ladd - Compher
Chiarot - Seider

Rasmussen - Motte
Maatta - Gudas

This is a beautiful PK lineup. All 4 forwards major PK guys, and all 4 can take draws. Then 4 big nasty Dmen behind them.

Add Gudas $3 x 2 for violence and RHD and:

Rasmussen - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Perron
Kubalik - Kasper - Compher
Motte - Veleno - Beggren
Zadina

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Gudas
Maatta - Chiarot
McIsaac

19 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

We have to replace Suter/Erne on the PK AND try to get Larkin off the PK. He's a great PKer but his time is better used at even strength.

JT Compher - $4.5 x 4 - played with Larkin and Ladd at UofM - Excellent 2way forward and PKer

Ironically really the only other big PK forwards I'd be interested in are Glendog and Nosek.

PK lines:

Ladd - Compher
Chiarot - Seider

Rasmussen - Motte
Maatta - Gudas

This is a beautiful PK lineup. All 4 forwards major PK guys, and all 4 can take draws. Then 4 big nasty Dmen behind them.

Fabbri - Copp - Perron
Motte - Veleno - Beggren
Zadina

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Gudas
Maatta - Chiarot
McIsaac

I see Yzerman signed Andrew Ladd eh? 

Also I thought the plan was to score MORE goals next year. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 hours ago, town123 said:

Killorn or Tarasenko?   

Neither one really interests me. I'm talking about trade targets, e.g. DeBrincat, Connor, Bratt, Meier.

34 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

PK lines:

Ladd - Compher
Chiarot - Seider

Rasmussen - Motte
Maatta - Gudas

Fabbri - Copp - Perron
Motte - Veleno - Beggren
Zadina

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Gudas
Maatta - Chiarot
McIsaac

Why not bring back Suter?

59 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I see Yzerman signed Andrew Ladd eh? 

Also I thought the plan was to score MORE goals next year. 

No no we don't want premium goal scorers. We're building a depth 2018 Blues team. Or have you not been paying attention?

But in all seriousness, I'm all for bringing a top scorer. But the PK needs to be addressed too. Sign a Taarasenko type, but we also need Mottes/Noseks. Unless Veleno is finally going to do something with his life and kill a penalty.

We also have to leverage what we have. If bringing in Michigan guys makes sense then you use that to your advantage just like with Ladd. Mot teams don't have this luxury. We have to exploit it every year, just like how NYR caters to players who want to be fancy manhattan boys.

43 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Neither one really interests me. I'm talking about trade targets, e.g. DeBrincat, Connor, Bratt, Meier.

Why not bring back Suter?

I don't understand the love for Suter outside this forum. The one thing LGW got right collectively was not liking him. If he wants to re-sign for $1.5 million (less then half his current salary) then great, I'll have him. But all he is is a 4th line PK forward. And we can insert Noseks and Mottes into that role for much cheaper and with better results.

Edited by Walman6million

On 5/16/2023 at 3:32 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

thanks for the correct spelling I want them to go bye bye

lol

On 5/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

My offseason moves:

Nick Foligno - 2 years, 3 mil per

Ryan Reaves - 2 years, 1.5 mil per

Radko Gudas - 5 years, 3.5 mil per

That sure will move us up the standings.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am beginning to wonder if this kid is our late round discovery from 2021

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/05/red-wings-pick-carter-mazur-nets-winner-for-us-at-worlds.html

I am beginning to wonder if there's any way he's not on the DRWs opening night roster (barring injury)

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am sorry for your soul....

Our biggest thing is we gotta get Dunn signed. Hoping he will take 6.5 per.

McCann - Beniers - Burakovsky
Schwartz - Gourde - Eberle
Tolvanen - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Tanev - Geekie - Sprong
Kartye

Dunn - Larsson
Oleksiak - Borgen
Megna - Schultz
Fleury

Grubauer
Daccord

This is one of the deepest teams in the league. All 4 of those lines can be rolled at any time and all 4 can score. Young competent puck moving defense. GRUUUUUUUUUUUUbauer in net. And after all the RFA's are resigned Seattle is going to have about $10 million to spend on upgrades. Need a backup goalie and a LHD. Should be way more than enough for that.

Beniers is also going to take the Calder home easily, and is gonna be a mega superstar center soon.

If Ron Francis can nab Orlov and a good backup + whatever else his heart desires, look out. Easy cup favorites next year. This team is DEEP and beyond cost controlled. Fear the Krakheads.

Edited by Walman6million

On 5/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, Walman6million said:

I don't understand the love for Suter outside this forum. The one thing LGW got right collectively was not liking him. If he wants to re-sign for $1.5 million (less then half his current salary) then great, I'll have him. But all he is is a 4th line PK forward. And we can insert Noseks and Mottes into that role for much cheaper and with better results.

He was pretty good for us this season. His 14 goals was only 3 fewer than Raymond's 17. I think I'd prefer Barbashev, but I've got lots of time for any 4th liner who can pot 15 goals.