• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Jersey is my least watched team in these playoffs. I know they're getting caved by Carolina's forecheck (who doesn't theses days?). What's the problem with Meier? 

Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't really fit in an up tempo, transition based, offense like Jersey has. He's lethal off the cycle, and it seems like that's when he's most effective. But that isn't really Jersey's thing. Regardless, he's been bad. 1 goals in 9 games. And his qualifying offer is MASSIVE. This is not as clear cut a decision for Jersey as it might have seemed at the trade deadline.

Other team we can poach off of this year:

Vancouver. Tampa. Calgary. All up against the cap, and VAN is rumored to be hot n heavy for some cap relief.

I doubt Van trades any of Hughes, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, or Miller... but they have a load of other options to pick from.

What about Ethan Bear? RHD. Turning 26 soon. Steady bottom 4 D. We could possibly trade for his RFA rights for cheap?

33 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Vancouver. Tampa. Calgary. All up against the cap, and VAN is rumored to be hot n heavy for some cap relief.

I doubt Van trades any of Hughes, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, or Miller... but they have a load of other options to pick from.

What about Ethan Bear? RHD. Turning 26 soon. Steady bottom 4 D. We could possibly trade for his RFA rights for cheap?

Hughes for both 9th and 17/18th picks ?

EDIT - or Pettersson…

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I dunno, I feel like we talk about poaching cap-strapped teams every year and it never really happens. I almost wanna say GMs have some kind of agreement with SY such that he's only allowed to try his hand at victimizing them if they're not in a clear position of weakness.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I dunno, I feel like we talk about poaching cap-strapped teams every year and it never really happens. I almost wanna say GMs have some kind of agreement with SY such that he's only allowed to try his hand at victimizing them if they're not in a clear position of weakness.

Weak UFA class. Lots of teams against the cap. 

Seems a prime year for it.

3 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Weak UFA class. Lots of teams against the cap. 

Seems a prime year for it.

No I agree. I'm all for it. I just wonder whether SY will do it, given the track record (or lack thereof).

Weren't there whispers about us looking at Meier in the lead-up to the trade deadline? He's been a ghost in the playoffs. Maybe NJ and other teams decide he isn't worth what they'd thought he was worth a couple months ago? He's gonna be 27 in October, which maybe isn't absolutely perfect for our timeline, but I feel like a top line of Meier-Larkin-Raymond could be pretty nasty.

I just hope if Yzerman gives up any first-round picks that it is to bring in guys who fit the Seider-Raymond-Kasper timeline and not the Larkin timeline. I want to see a nice long contention window like Tampa, or Boston. Not St. Louis. 

10 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I just hope if Yzerman gives up any first-round picks that it is to bring in guys who fit the Seider-Raymond-Kasper timeline and not the Larkin timeline. I want to see a nice long contention window like Tampa, or Boston. Not St. Louis. 

According to CRL, St Louis never had a timeline.

16 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'm not necessarily opposed to trading a prime 1st for a guy who's closer to 30 than 20, provided it's someone with an excellent body of work and no durability issues (e.g. Kyle Connor). Because while it's true that our fortunes are now tied to Seider, Raymond, et al., we have a definite need for at least one additional high-end "veteran" leader like Larkin, especially with Bertuzzi now gone.

18 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm not necessarily opposed to trading a prime 1st for a guy who's closer to 30 than 20, provided it's someone with an excellent body of work and no durability issues (e.g. Kyle Connor). Because while it's true that our fortunes are now tied to Seider, Raymond, et al., we have a definite need for at least one additional high-end "veteran" leader like Larkin, especially with Bertuzzi now gone.

couldve jut kept berttuzzi

How do we get Gudas? He's coming off $2.5 mil and will be 33 in June. His previous contract was $3.5.

IMO the important part is keeping the term small.

Offer $3 x 2? Do you think the lack of Dmen on the open market will drive his cost/term higher than this?

3 hours ago, Walman6million said:

How do we get Gudas? He's coming off $2.5 mil and will be 33 in June. His previous contract was $3.5.

IMO the important part is keeping the term small.

Offer $3 x 2? Do you think the lack of Dmen on the open market will drive his cost/term higher than this?

He has gotten a lot of credit for the Panthers surge. He will be overpriced.

20 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

He has gotten a lot of credit for the Panthers surge. He will be overpriced.

He's been one of their best Dmen and deserves it.

When he signed with the Panthers everyone said $2.5 x 3 years was an over-payment. But it's paid off for them.

I'm willing to outbid other teams on this player at this point. Just keep term short.

3 hours ago, Walman6million said:

He's been one of their best Dmen and deserves it.

When he signed with the Panthers everyone said $2.5 x 3 years was an over-payment. But it's paid off for them.

I'm willing to outbid other teams on this player at this point. Just keep term short.

We are fine at D.  We need O.

On 5/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, Axl Foley said:

According to CRL, St Louis never had a timeline.

They basically didn't. They were a really good, but not great team there for a stretch of years. They happened to get hot at the right time one season and went the distance. 

On 5/13/2023 at 1:41 AM, Dabura said:

I feel like this can be accomplished via UFA next summer tbh. 

40 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

They basically didn't. They were a really good, but not great team there for a stretch of years. They happened to get hot at the right time one season and went the distance. 

I agree.   This may be the last time we have 5 picks this high.   Stock those cupboards.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Next summer or this upcoming summer?