• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im more of a fan of rewarding the guys that play great both ways (Rasmussen) than handing out big money to guys that hurt us 5 on 5 (Debrincat, Raymond).  If Debrincat carried a cost of 4 mil per, I'd say it would be worth the risk to take on his MINUS 31 5on5 play.  But he's going to cost Larkin type money, so "No, Thanks."  Tarasenko and O'Reilly are better options for us.

Tarasenko?  No. ROR? Too expensive.

8 hours ago, ely s said:

Raymond is better than both. Razor and Mo both had a mediocre start pointwise in their sophomore seasons and ended up slightly below their rookie season totals but still showed overall improvement. I don´t see reason for concern that he´s not going to be the player we were hoping for.

I saw only regression with Raymond...  foot speed is a major issue as is grit/physicality. 

On 6/10/2023 at 10:43 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

We cant afford to become the maple leafs

The Leafs have all the firepower in the world and they have all their money tied up in that.

We have no firepower and we have no money tied up in that.

I don't think signing Alex DeBrincat makes us the Leafs, or in any way puts us on the path to becoming the Leafs.

20 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

I like Barbashev.  would be somewhat unnecessary if Kasper makes the roster.

Disagree.

Kasper's got one game of NHL experience (against a Leafs team that was without much of its top talent).

Barbashev's got 71 playoff games under his belt and is on the verge of winning his second Cup in four years, with two different teams.

We should want both players on our team.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I saw only regression with Raymond...  foot speed is a major issue as is grit/physicality. 

He needs to shoot way more often; he deferred like crazy this season and that's a big reason the goals didn't come like they did in his first year.

He also got kicked down to the 2nd PP unit, which surely didn't help his production. Though, as with the deferring, that's on him.

On the whole, I'm not worried about him. Dude's put up 102 points thru his first two seasons and he's only 21. He needs to improve in certain areas and I've no doubt he will. He should bounce back next season.

44 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He needs to shoot way more often; he deferred like crazy this season and that's a big reason the goals didn't come like they did in his first year.

He also got kicked down to the 2nd PP unit, which surely didn't help his production. Though, as with the deferring, that's on him.

On the whole, I'm not worried about him. Dude's put up 102 points thru his first two seasons and he's only 21. He needs to improve in certain areas and I've no doubt he will. He should bounce back next season.

I hope you're right.

3 hours ago, mackel said:

I saw the same thing.  I saw a 20 year old that needed to spend the 4 months of offseason weightlifting with a strength coach and skating with a skating coach, but decided to spank off in Sweden and play PS5 all summer.  Then all the Rslurs on here say he's having a "sophmore slump".  No, he's an unprofessional p.o.s. with zero ambition.  One of Yzerman's biggest weaknesses is his lack of leadership on this team.  The sissy boy Euros do not give a sh!t about Detroit.  They just play for money and selfies right now.  It's sad.  Larkin isn't the guy to lead this team, and Mo Seider is a jerk off too.  I was thinking Lidstrom would be teaching these guys about getting to perfect fitness amongst other things, but guess he's not the "perfect" executive.  He's the sh!tbag what the hell does he do anyway executive it turns out.  I seriously am liking Europeans, and especially Scandonavians, A LOT less.  They're all so testosterone insufficient.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I saw the same thing.  I saw a 20 year old that needed to spend the 4 months of offseason weightlifting with a strength coach and skating with a skating coach, but decided to spank off in Sweden and play PS5 all summer.  Then all the Rslurs on here say he's having a "sophmore slump".  No, he's an unprofessional p.o.s. with zero ambition.  One of Yzerman's biggest weaknesses is his lack of leadership on this team.  The sissy boy Euros do not give a sh!t about Detroit.  They just play for money and selfies right now.  It's sad.  Larkin isn't the guy to lead this team, and Mo Seider is a jerk off too.  I was thinking Lidstrom would be teaching these guys about getting to perfect fitness amongst other things, but guess he's not the "perfect" executive.  He's the sh!tbag what the hell does he do anyway executive it turns out.  I seriously am liking Europeans, and especially Scandonavians, A LOT less.  They're all so testosterone insufficient.

Seider is great

Larkin is a *****
Berggren is a *****
Raymond is a *****
Soderblom is a *****

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Seider is great

Larkin is a *****
Berggren is a *****
Raymond is a *****
Soderblom is a *****

Seider is the best, but is such a weakling.  He lost ALL my respect when he did NOTHING after the Sens ran his D partner 4 straight times.  That cannot happen again.  I would have benched his ass and scratched him 5 straight games if I was coach.  Then showed him the video and then asked him if he wanted to turn in hos jock strap and wear polkadot panties going forward.  He needs to grow a set this season.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Seider is the best, but is such a weakling.  He lost ALL my respect when he did NOTHING after the Sens ran his D partner 4 straight times.  That cannot happen again.  I would have benched his ass and scratched him 5 straight games if I was coach.  Then showed him the video and then asked him if he wanted to turn in hos jock strap and wear polkadot panties going forward.  He needs to grow a set this season.

wat

15 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I thought you didn't like Babcock.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:17 PM, Axl Foley said:

Leftwinger always hated Franzen.

Not ALWAYS. I started my disdain for him when he and Hudler got to stay and they let Hossa walk. He never lived up to his contract. Then when I found out about the concussion issue, about 6-7 years into his 11 year deal, I kinda lightened up on him a bit. But ya, I really didn't like him too much to say the least! :lol:

Ok, so let's have a little "scenario" fun. We all have our opinions on Karlsson and Debrincat, and yes there are other discussion's going on in other threads, but honestly, this is where talk like this belongs. I am going to disregard my firs scenario (in the Debrincat thread) and start a new one hear. Just a warning this will have us acquiring BOTH players as well, but I am gonna do my best to make it look attractive! :lol:

to SJS :  #9 pick 2023 Draft

to DET : #4 pick 2023 Draft, Erik Karlsson (50% retained) (Thanks Akakabuto for that idea)

to MTL : #17 pick 2023, #137 2023 pick

to DET : #31 pick 2023, #37 pick 2023, Kirby Dach, Mike Hoffman (Cap relief throw in)

to OTT : #31 pick 2023, #42 pick 2023, #117 2023 pick, Filip Zadina

to DET : Alex Debrincat signed 8x$7.5M

Add to the D by signing a UFA (one of OEL or Klingberg?)

Our draft picks that remain will be #4, #37, #41, #43, #73, #169 and #201 

Looking at all this and re-reading it, it seems impossible, but I'll leave it here and you guys can add/subtract or make your own ideas.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, so let's have a little "scenario" fun. We all have our opinions on Karlsson and Debrincat, and yes there are other discussion's going on in other threads, but honestly, this is where talk like this belongs. I am going to disregard my firs scenario (in the Debrincat thread) and start a new one hear. Just a warning this will have us acquiring BOTH players as well, but I am gonna do my best to make it look attractive! :lol:

to SJS :  #9 pick 2023 Draft

to DET : #4 pick 2023 Draft, Erik Karlsson (50% retained) (Thanks Akakabuto for that idea)

to MTL : #17 pick 2023, #137 2023 pick

to DET : #31 pick 2023, #37 pick 2023, Kirby Dach, Mike Hoffman (Cap relief throw in)

to OTT : #31 pick 2023, #42 pick 2023, #117 2023 pick, Filip Zadina

to DET : Alex Debrincat signed 8x$7.5M

Add to the D by signing a UFA (one of OEL or Klingberg?)

Our draft picks that remain will be #4, #37, #41, #43, #73, #169 and #201 

Looking at all this and re-reading it, it seems impossible, but I'll leave it here and you guys can add/subtract or make your own ideas.

You will take one Filip Zadina and #41 and you will thank the Yzer-Man for the privilege of doing business.

Montreal trade is too complicated and unnecessary.

SJ would not retain 50% AND swap picks. If SY wants #4 he will have to take Karlsson at a $4 mil discount, which is like 1/3 salary retention and #9.

5 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

You will take one Filip Zadina and #41 and you will thank the Yzer-Man for the privilege of doing business.

Montreal trade is too complicated and unnecessary.

SJ would not retain 50% AND swap picks. If SY wants #4 he will have to take Karlsson at a $4 mil discount, which is like 1/3 salary retention and #9.

I did the MTL trade to get a later 1st to acquire Debrincat. MTL desperately needs cap relief, so sending us Dach and Hoffman opens up a lot for them.  If they would take Zadina and the #41 for Debrincat, that would be great! But I find it difficult to see that happening. Looking at my scenario with MTL, it does look like we are overpaying for those two guy and the lower picks a bit. I was just looking for the lower 1st (for Debrincat) and a player who could help us in Dach. Oh well, I have never been a great "scenario" writer. I'd be ok with the SJS deal too even at 33% retained for the 4 for 9 swap.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd be ok with the SJS deal too even at 33% retained for the 4 for 9 swap.

I think that would be a no brainer assuming SY wants either Carlsson, Smith or the Russki.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I did the MTL trade to get a later 1st to acquire Debrincat. MTL desperately needs cap relief, so sending us Dach and Hoffman opens up a lot for them.  If they would take Zadina and the #41 for Debrincat, that would be great! But I find it difficult to see that happening. Looking at my scenario with MTL, it does look like we are overpaying for those two guy and the lower picks a bit. I was just looking for the lower 1st (for Debrincat) and a player who could help us in Dach. Oh well, I have never been a great "scenario" writer. I'd be ok with the SJS deal too even at 33% retained for the 4 for 9 swap.

Debrincat is going to arbitration. He most likely will end up on a 1 year deal. Ottawa isn't going to get a lot for a player that everyone knows is going to be a UFA next summer. It might take more than Zadina and a 2nd, but not much.

29 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Debrincat is going to arbitration. He most likely will end up on a 1 year deal. Ottawa isn't going to get a lot for a player that everyone knows is going to be a UFA next summer. It might take more than Zadina and a 2nd, but not much.

He's not going to arbitration.  Ottawa either picks him up for 9 million and rolls the dice on resigning him, or they sign and trade him.  Those are the 2 ways this can go.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He's not going to arbitration.  Ottawa either picks him up for 9 million and rolls the dice on resigning him, or they sign and trade him.  Those are the 2 ways this can go.

If Ottawa was going to sign him for that, they would have already done it. Arbitration has been filed. So either they trade him before, or they agree to the ruling, which will be way less than 9.