• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

There goes a RHD off the market

If thats what Severson gets then I dont like the FA market at all. Time for trades.

This is why I want to focus on Willander and Reinbacher in the draft.  We are not going to get a Raymond at #9.  We COULD end up getting a Seider Light.

What would his contract look like and is he really someone we want to tie up long term?

Guessing 8m per / 7Years.   I really don't know enough about the kid to comment.   He is pretty small and has never seen the difference between regular season and playoff hockey.

1 hour ago, town123 said:

What would his contract look like and is he really someone we want to tie up long term?

Guessing 8m per / 7Years.   I really don't know enough about the kid to comment.   He is pretty small and has never seen the difference between regular season and playoff hockey.

I wouldnt touch this guy if I was Steve.  He's Erik Karlsson at F.  Minuses galore fore the sake of his statline.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I wouldnt touch this guy if I was Steve.  He's Erik Karlsson at F.  Minuses galore fore the sake of his statline.

Fair.

But let's consider the positives:

• 25 years old (26 in December)
  • Right-handed shot
  • Hometown kid who seemingly wouldn't mind coming home
  • 2017-18: 28 goals and 52 points in 82 games
  • 2018-19: 41 goals and 76 points in 82 games
  • 2019-20: 18 goals and 45 points in 70 games
  • 2020-21: 32 goals and 56 points in 50 games
  • 2021-22: 41 goals and 78 points in 82 games
  • 2022-23: 27 goals and 66 points in 82 games

And let's also consider this:

• We can't score goals to save our lives

Basically, we're talking about a young player in his prime who can flat-out produce - and who (if the whispers are to be believed) has the Wings on his short list of teams he wants to play for. If that's not something we're interested in, then I'm honestly not sure what we're even doing.

Do I love the idea of giving up some good pieces and then signing him to a deal that's comparable to Larkin's? Not really, no. But we're beggars, and I dunno that we can afford to pretend we're choosers.

59 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Fair.

But let's consider the positives:

• 25 years old (26 in December)
  • Right-handed shot
  • Hometown kid who seemingly wouldn't mind coming home
  • 2017-18: 28 goals and 52 points in 82 games
  • 2018-19: 41 goals and 76 points in 82 games
  • 2019-20: 18 goals and 45 points in 70 games
  • 2020-21: 32 goals and 56 points in 50 games
  • 2021-22: 41 goals and 78 points in 82 games
  • 2022-23: 27 goals and 66 points in 82 games

And let's also consider this:

• We can't score goals to save our lives

Basically, we're talking about a young player in his prime who can flat-out produce - and who (if the whispers are to be believed) has the Wings on his short list of teams he wants to play for. If that's not something we're interested in, then I'm honestly not sure what we're even doing.

Do I love the idea of giving up some good pieces and then signing him to a deal that's comparable to Larkin's? Not really, no. But we're beggars, and I dunno that we can afford to pretend we're choosers.

If we give up and 1sts or former 1sts, I wont be happy.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

But we're beggars, and I dunno that we can afford to pretend we're choosers.

We shouldn't be beggars.   Ottawa is under the gun to move him, either now or at the TDL.    For what they paid for him last year, they're going to want a 1st and a 3rd I would guess.   Pass.   If the kid really wants to come home, he can wait a year if the contract terms are right for both parties.

Edited by town123

2 hours ago, town123 said:

We shouldn't be beggars.   Ottawa is under the gun to move him, either now or at the TDL.    For what they paid for him last year, they're going to want a 1st and a 3rd I would guess.   Pass.   If the kid really wants to come home, he can wait a year if the contract terms are right for both parties.

Pre coffee idea we throw  Zadina/Veleno and a third....

After coffee WTF are you smoking....

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This guy doesnt play defense.  If we take him on, it will be a mistake.

I’m with stupid ^ 

In fact I’m not sure Yzerman would go 8x8 in free agency let alone cough up big time assets to get him. 

Also f*** Ottawa if they’re looking for Detroit’s 9OA. Just cuz they f***ed up trading for a guy everyone knew wouldn’t stay in that s***-hole doesn’t mean they get to recoup what they lost. 

To DET: Debrincat
To OTT: Perron + Fabbri

We also have Veleno, Zadina, and Lindstrom's RFA rights, but I doubt anyone has much interest in that lot. But maybe Winnipeg might? As it seems they're gonna blow everything up and Hellbuck isn't going to re-sign. They'd be best to just trade him now, when he still has a full season of value.

To DET: Hellybuck
To WPG: Zadina + Lindstrom + This years 17th overall

Connor Garland is also rumored to be a free asset from Van. Maybe if we give something we can jump to the front of the pack and have him for cheap?

To DET: Garland
To VAN: Veleno + 4th

Then for the 4th line we assemble a beefcake grindline in UFA, and grab Radko Gudas for the 3rd pair

Rasmussen - Larkin - Debrincat
Kubalik - Copp - Raymond
Beggren - Kasper - Garland
Engvall - Girgensons - Hathaway
Soderblom/Mazur

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maata - Gudas
McIsaac

Hellybuck
Husso

Stalwart goaltending + big D corps + 3 scoring lines and a big nasty grindline + very young team (Gudas and Chiarot can be the dads)

Edited by bIueadams

Obviously this is dependent on whether they'd sign extensions, I'd also be willing to add any of Zadina, Fabbri, Perron, Kubalik, Chiarat, Maatta, or Zadina if either team wants roster players:

To Det: Dubios

To Winnipeg: 2023 1st (Islanders) + 2023 2nd + (one of) Wallinder/Sodorblom/Johansson

and then...

To Det: Debrincat

To Ottawa: 2024 1st (Boston), 2023 2nd + (one of) Wallinder/Sodorblom/Johansson

and then...

Get your backup goalie and RHD in free agency

Ras-Larkin-Debrincat

Copp-Dubois-Raymond

Kubalik-Kasper-Perron

Berggren-Veleno-Mazur

Edited by kipwinger

38 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Obviously this is dependent on whether they'd sign extensions, I'd also be willing to add any of Zadina, Fabbri, Perron, Kubalik, Chiarat, Maatta, or Zadina if either team wants roster players:

To Det: Dubios

To Winnipeg: 2023 1st (Islanders) + 2023 2nd + (one of) Wallinder/Sodorblom/Johansson

and then...

To Det: Debrincat

To Ottawa: 2024 1st (Boston), 2023 2nd + (one of) Wallinder/Sodorblom/Johansson

and then...

Get your backup goalie and RHD in free agency

Ras-Larkin-Debrincat

Copp-Dubois-Raymond

Kubalik-Kasper-Perron

Berggren-Veleno-Mazur

I can't see Dubois signing here long term.   No deal.

Way too much for Debrincat IMO.  No deal.

I know you kids want to fast track our playoff/competitive quotient, but, this is the last year/or two probably of having a decent chance to load our system, so I don't want to trade away any of our futures for the now.   Our lottery luck has been crappy, (Gary hates us)  and even with Kasper, Eddoggie etc, we're still pretty thin with hopefuls.

Take on salary, get extra picks and if our team deserves to make it into the playoffs then great, I just don't want to force it.      

Edited by town123