• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Is Kris Draper Tyler Wright?

Rate this topic

This new draft class stinks of Tyler Wright buffoonery.

Remember the "size drafts" and all the garbage picks of the wright years? Selecting guys with no talent who cant even make ECHL teams?

Why does it feel like that again?

Since SY has taken over hes gone back to our bread and butter. Leaning on Hakan and going heavy on Euros. Hes even brought Lidstrom and Kronwall on to staff, hired our first ever euro pro scout (a swede), and made Jesse Wallin our chief scout. SY put the Swedish mafia back on top. And its worked.

But now suddenly we are going heavy on NA "size" players again??? I mean SY never drafted out of the USNDP before, but now suddenly we are taking multiple of these guys? WHL too??

This is pretty clearly the "Draper Draft".

If anyone recalls, Draper seemed pissed when the Swede mafia overruled him and made him take Raymond. This seems like SY throwing him a bone and handing him back some control.

Ill withhold judgement on these new picks for now... but im a bit worried we abandoned our tried and true method, and were letting another Wright take off the board local picks...

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Remember the "size drafts" and all the garbage picks of the wright years? Selecting guys with no talent who cant even make ECHL teams?

Since SY has taken over hes gone back to our bread and butter. Leaning on Hakan and going heavy on Euros. Hes even brought Lidstrom and Kronwall on to staff, hired our first ever euro pro scout (a swede), and made Jesse Wallin our chief scout. SY put the Swedish mafia back on top. And its worked.

But now suddenly we are going heavy on NA "size" players again??? I mean SY never drafted out of the USNDP before, but now suddenly we are taking multiple of these guys? WHL too??

If anyone recalls, Draper seemed pissed when the Swede mafia overruled him and made him take Raymond. This seems like SY throwing him a bone and handing him back some control.

Ill withhold judgement on these new picks for now... but im a bit worried we abandoned our tried and true method, and were letting another Wright take off the board local picks...

Wasn't Rasmussen a Wright guy?

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman spoke highly of his young amateur western scout that was behind Danielson. We'll see if that trust was well placed.

37 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Wasn't Rasmussen a Wright guy?

Yzerman spoke highly of his young amateur western scout that was behind Danielson. We'll see if that trust was well placed.

Who?

I LOVE our draft this year.  I truly believe they scored big with their top 2 picks.  And then I liked the persistence from round 2 on to fill organizational holes.  Seeing as Reinbacher and Simashev were off the board, I would have drafted very similarly.  I probably would have gone Willander / ASP instead, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

First step in bringing Al Murray onboard?

Got to think SY expects to lose one of Draper/Horcoff to a team in need of a new GM in the next few years.

Hopefully this makes room for Murray to join us in Drapers old role this summer, but I wouldnt be surprised if Wallin, Kronwall, or Lidstrom were moved/promoted to that role as well. 

56 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Was draper responsible for the mazur pick?

Yes

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Was Draper responsible for the Keenan Draper pick?  

No

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Draper wanted Zadina over Hughes

Also didnt want Raymond