• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Hot Takes for the 2023/24 Season

Rate this topic

Mine:

Debrincat has a dissapointing first year and is relegated to the 2nd and 3rd lines before seasons end.

Raymond looks much better than last year, but still has more work to do.

Berggren emerges as our most valuable winger. Playing top line minutes with Larkin and putting mad pts on the board.

Kasper makes the team at camp and quickly works his way to 2C.

Because of Kasper, Copp moves to LW and, much like Ras, becomes a much more dynamic offensive threat and powerforward.

Rasmussen begins to play with more edge and confidence in his game. 

Veleno continues to be a 4th line scrub.

Fabbri is on LTIR before Christmas.

Lombardi is called up for his 9 game cup of joe after the TDL.

Edvinsson does not make the team at camp again. However he is the #1 callup and Lindstrom is sat to make room for his callups. Lindstrom terminates his contract mid season over this and goes back to Sweden. 

Maata and Holl end up being one of the better 3rd pairs in the league. 

Ghostbear and Chiarot dissapoint. 

Walman starts racking up points on the 1st pair using his slapshot for deflections. 

Reimer is complete garbage and Lyon replaces him on the roster. Stevie also picks up another goalie off waivers.

The wings flirt with the playoff again but end up selling Ghost and Perron at the TDL.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Mine:

Debrincat has a dissapointing first year and is relegated to the 2nd and 3rd lines before seasons end.

Raymond looks much better than last year, but still has more work to do.

Berggren emerges as our most valuable winger. Playing top line minutes with Larkin and putting mad pts on the board.

Kasper makes the team at camp and quickly works his way to 2C.

Because of Kasper, Copp moves to LW and, much like Ras, becomes a much more dynamic offensive threat and powerforward.

Rasmussen begins to play with more edge and confidence in his game. 

Veleno continues to be a 4th line scrub.

Fabbri is on LTIR before Christmas.

Lombardi is called up for his 9 game cup of joe after the TDL.

Edvinsson does not make the team at camp again. However he is the #1 callup and Lindstrom is sat to make room for his callups. Lindstrom terminates his contract mid season over this and goes back to Sweden. 

Maata and Holl end up being one of the better 3rd pairs in the league. 

Ghostbear and Chiarot dissapoint. 

Walman starts racking up points on the 1st pair using his slapshot for deflections. 

Reimer is complete garbage and Lyon replaces him on the roster. Stevie also picks up another goalie off waivers.

The wings flirt with the playoff again but end up selling Ghost and Perron at the TDL.

Lindstrom should already be in the press box

Soderblom doesnt see a single game with the big club.

Kasper plays all 82 games in Detroit.  Scores 40+ pts.

Berggren tears his ACL in Nov and misses the rest of the year.

Raymond gets concussed in Dec and misses the rest of the year.

Sprong fills in for Debrincat after Raymond goes down and finds instant chemistry with Larkin and Rasmussen.  Ends the season 35+ pts.

Debrincat scores 25/30 playing most of the season with Compher and Kasper.

Danielson gets brought up in November.  Scores 25+ pts.

Lombardi gets brought up in Dec.  Scores 15+ pts.

Edvinsson tears his ACL in February after putting together 2 great months back to back.

Cossa wins 10+ games.

Larkin - 82-30-56-86
DeBrincat - 82-34-41-75
Raymond - 82-24-39-63
Compher - 82-17-31-48
Rasmussen - 82-18-24-42
Copp - 78-15-26-41
Perron - 54-13-24-37
Berggren - 74-11-26-37
Sprong - 59-16-18-34
Veleno - 73-11-19-30
Kostin - 76-13-12-25
Kasper - 47-6-12-18 / 31-12-14-26 (GRG)
Fabbri - 32-5-11-16
Fischer - 54-3-11-14
Soderblom - 18-3-4-7 / 54-12-11-23(GRG)
Mazur - 9-2-2-4 / 66-33-27-60 (GRG)

Seider - 82-10-43-53
Gostisbehere - 56-11-28-39
Walman - 78-11-17-28
Maatta - 74-1-20-21
Chiarot - 77-3-16-19
Holl - 82-2-16-18
Edvinsson - 34-2-11-13 / 43-5-27-32 (GRG)
Lindstrom - 9-0-1-1

Husso - 56-0.907%
Reimer - 22-0.893%
Lyon - 4-0.912%

Edited by stephen-gregory-yzerman

2 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Larkin - 82-30-56-86
DeBrincat - 82-34-41-75
Raymond - 82-24-39-63
Compher - 82-17-31-48
Rasmussen - 82-18-24-42
Copp - 78-15-26-41
Perron - 54-13-24-37
Berggren - 74-11-26-37
Sprong - 59-16-18-34
Veleno - 73-11-19-30
Kostin - 76-13-12-25
Kasper - 47-6-12-18 / 31-12-14-26 (GRG)
Fabbri - 32-5-11-16
Fischer - 54-3-11-14
Soderblom - 18-3-4-7 / 54-12-11-23(GRG)
Mazur - 9-2-2-4 / 66-33-27-60 (GRG)

Seider - 82-10-43-53
Gostisbehere - 56-11-28-39
Walman - 78-11-17-28
Maatta - 74-1-20-21
Chiarot - 77-3-16-19
Holl - 82-2-16-18
Edvinsson - 34-2-11-13 / 43-5-27-32 (GRG)
Lindstrom - 9-0-1-1

Husso - 56-0.907%
Reimer - 22-0.893%
Lyon - 4-0.912%

But what about +/-?

Wings have 6 guys get 20 (+)  goals this year (Larkin, Debrincat, Raymond, Perron, Rasmussen, and Sprong) and get at least 15 from Bergrren, JTC, Kostin, and Copp. 

Wings finish top 15 in GF

Wings finish with a top 7 PK

Wings finish with more points than at least one of Ottawa and Buffalo

Career years for all!

Larkin 100+

DeBrincat 50 goals, 40 assists

Rasmussen 40 points

Raymond 80 points (37 goals)

Compher 60 points

Copp 70 points

Seider 67 points

Ghost 80 points!

Husso 42 wins

Lalonde Jack Adams

Yzerman GM of the Year

Chairot bounces back, 40+ points, +30! He and Maatta are coined the best defensive defenseman duo in the Eastern conference!

Holl proves everyone wrong, has 30+ points and is a +50 playing alongside Ghost!

Wings make it all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, eliminating Toronto in the 1st, Tampa in the 2nd. Hard fought 7 game series against The Rangers.

Ottawa and Pittsburgh fail to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a top 12 pick.

Edited by LeftWinger

41 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Boston's 1st round pick lands 11th ours lands 32nd. SY gives the 32 1st round to Sens with a pic of Alex holding cup. 

If Boston only gets 11, then you know they are going in to a rebuild (tank) the next season to try to get a lottery pick, then we'd miss out on a top 10 pick in 25. I am sure we'd get a great player at 11, but I think I'd rather Boston get a top 10 pick now, and send us the 25 pick which might be another top 10 when they sell the farm in the off season. Either way, we'd get a top 10 pick from them, if they gave us 24 or 25. I agree though, Detroit pick should be higher than 20 so Ottawa can have the 2024 pick!

Boston gets top 10, sends us 2025 1st. Detroit gets 26th, sends that to Ottawa, then in 2025 Boston's pick is top 3 and we trade our 1st (25-30) in another deal like the Debrincat deal. 

edit: Sorry, I had to delete the first scenario, because it had Boston giving us the 25, which I then gave Ottawa, but then I also had Detroit still having the two 2025 picks. Duh! My bad!

Edited by LeftWinger

Mild take:

I don't like the way the division looks for us again this year.

>Boston
Isn't falling apart. Folks have been saying it for year, but it's still not time. I don't think old and slow adds like JVR and Lucic were great additions, but they're also big mean vets that cost nothing. Geekie and Shattenkirk were good adds. Core still solid on paper, with or without Bergy and Kreccji.

>Buffalo
They're gonna be better. Clifton and Johnson deepens their blue line. Thompson, Quinn, Savoie, Levi, Cozens, Mitteltadt, Krebs, Dahlin, Samuelsson, Jokiharju, Power, all are going to be better. They've been collecting good young players for a long time and now they have confidence. I also really like the range of role players they have. Greenway, Lybushkin, Girgensons. Skinner is starting to earn that contract. They're ahead of us.

>Florida
Plain good team. OEL and Rodrigues are gonna help. Tkachuk is hungry and in his prime. Core all in their rime. If they can stay health they will go on another tear.

>Habs
I'm not that down on them. Like us, they've done a decent job of building depth out. Then they have the young players like Caufield, Slapkovsky, Guhle, Newhook, Dach, Suzuki, Xhekaj, Reinbacher, Mailloux. Like Buffalo, I also like their role players: Xhekaj, Anderrson, Gallahger.

>Ottawa
Tired of writing - they're ahead of us in their rebuild. Obvioussly. Lossing DCat doesn't cchange that in the slightest. Whereas we have 1 prosect operating at full potential in Seider. They have several in Chabot, Stutzle, Tkachuk, Chychrun etc.

>TBL
Powerhouse blah blah blah

>Laughs
Regular season powerhouse blah

>The Metro
Still a thunderdome. All the teams have maintained or built their strength. Only Philly is BAD. Even CBJ seeems to be getting better, and I like the cut of their jib coming into the season. Caps have gotten worse, but are also attempting a rebuild on the fly/reload so they may surprise a little bit.

Writing this all out to say I think we're still a bit fuqqed. But maybe that's okay. in 2-3 years the eastern conference will change and diminish in strength, and that should be the tiime that guys like Danielson, ASP, Cossa, and other drraft picks are joining the roster.

Face it, you look at our roster, and exciting as the new adds look, it'ss sstill s*** compared to most of the atlantic and metro. I saw some fancy analytic persson projecting us into the wildcarrd sppot this year. I dont buy it. I think we're fersure selling again and maybe finish worse than last year,even if we put up a better fight. Everrything would have to click ffor us in a big way, and we all know everything aint gonna click perfect like that.

For so many teams to be good somethings gotta give, right? It can’t just be us and Montreal that’s gonna take all the beating.

I can see all of TB, Boston and Florida having tough seasons ahead of them. Loss of depth, loss of top C, injuries etc.. I’m guessing two of them has ”middle seasons” waiting for next years raised cap.

Ottawa and Buffalo are both ahead of us for sure but they have alot of ups and downs before they get good for real. This isn’t the year when they both jump into the playoffs. One of them is gonna have a setback season, probably.

Montreal is s***. Plain and simple.

I hate this but I think Toronto is gonna be the top team this year. And solely because Matthews and Nylander both have contract seasons. Their pickups this offseason - which I think are ’meh’ - also on one year deals. They should have a pretty motivated team.

To sum it all up; the laughs in the lead, the habs in the gutter with the rest in the middle in a pretty even group. Detroit in the bottom half of that with atleast one of the sabres and the snes behind us.

Edited by Akakabuto

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Buffalo
They're gonna be better. Clifton and Johnson deepens their blue line. Thompson, Quinn, Savoie, Levi, Cozens, Mitteltadt, Krebs, Dahlin, Samuelsson, Jokiharju, Power, all are going to be better. They've been collecting good young players for a long time and now they have confidence. I also really like the range of role players they have. Greenway, Lybushkin, Girgensons. Skinner is starting to earn that contract. They're ahead of us.

Buffalo going to be in cap hell pretty soon!

Hot take: I still think Yzerman has another trade up his sleeve.

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Buffalo going to be in cap hell pretty soon!

Hot take: I still think Yzerman has another trade up his sleeve.

Agreed. 9M for 4 more years of 31 year old Skinner is going to hurt them.

Also, maybe it's just the bit-chy lil Wings fan in me but I'm not sold on Tage Thompson continuing to produce the way he has. 

Also I have doubts about Ottawa's coaching and goaltending. I think the Wings have a better season.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. 9M for 4 more years of 31 year old Skinner is going to hurt them.

Also, maybe it's just the bit-chy lil Wings fan in me but I'm not sold on Tage Thompson continuing to produce the way he has. 

Also I have doubts about Ottawa's coaching and goaltending. I think the Wings have a better season.

Finishing ahead of Ottawa would be epic! Considering how butt-hurt their fan base is right now!

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

For so many teams to be good somethings gotta give, right? It can’t just be us and Montreal that’s gonna take all the beating.

I can see all of TB, Boston and Florida having tough seasons ahead of them. Loss of depth, loss of top C, injuries etc.. I’m guessing two of them has ”middle seasons” waiting for next years raised cap.

Ottawa and Buffalo are both ahead of us for sure but they have alot of ups and downs before they get good for real. This isn’t the year when they both jump into the playoffs. One of them is gonna have a setback season, probably.

Montreal is s***. Plain and simple.

I hate this but I think Toronto is gonna be the top team this year. And solely because Matthews and Nylander both have contract seasons. Their pickups this offseason - which I think are ’meh’ - also on one year deals. They should have a pretty motivated team.

To sum it all up; the laughs in the lead, the habs in the gutter with the rest in the middle in a pretty even group. Detroit in the bottom half of that with atleast one of the sabres and the snes behind us.

This gets a minus.  Not hot at all.  Just a regular, commonly felt take.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ottawa is ahead of us? They finished three wins ahead of us despite us having horrendous injury luck all season long. You go down their roster (and organizational depth chart) and we're just as good as they are. They beat us up in those two games, but that shouldn't be misunderstood as being further along. We're going to smash that team this year AND probably Buffalo too.  Best news is that most of our best young players aren't even on the roster yet, theirs are and they still only barely finished ahead of an injury plagued Detroit team.

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ottawa is ahead of us? They finished three wins ahead of us despite us having horrendous injury luck all season long. You go down their roster (and organizational depth chart) and we're just as good as they are. They beat us up in those two games, but that shouldn't be misunderstood as being further along. We're going to smash that team this year AND probably Buffalo too.  Best news is that most of our best young players aren't even on the roster yet, theirs are and they still only barely finished ahead of an injury plagued Detroit team.

Hot take - we are better if we play our draft picks instead of most of the ufas.

Kasper-Danielson-Debrincat

Rasmussen-Larkin-Raymond

Copp-Lombardi-Compher

Kostin-Veleno-Sprong

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-ASP

Wallinder-Tuomisto

Cossa

Husso

32 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ottawa is ahead of us? 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

hellloooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

49 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ottawa is ahead of us?

They are not necessarily a better team right now. I think we have better depth and they don't have a Seider on defense but them having both Tkachuk and Stützle already being legit star players put them ahead on the rebuilding curve, imo.

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

They are not necessarily a better team right now. I think we have better depth and they don't have a Seider on defense but them having both Tkachuk and Stützle already being legit star players put them ahead on the rebuilding curve, imo.

But they jumped the gun a bit imo. Canucks' style. Traded a lot of good draft picks away trying to accelerate thingsand also getting into a bit of cap trouble while the Wings continue to make their 1st round picks and maintain cap flexibility. So, I think depth wins and Wings are better now and long term most definitely a better outlook. 

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But they jumped the gun a bit imo. Canucks' style. Traded a lot of good draft picks away trying to accelerate thingsand also getting into a bit of cap trouble while the Wings continue to make their 1st round picks and maintain cap flexibility. So, I think depth wins and Wings are better now and long term most definitely a better outlook. 

They did. And I didn't mean they look better long term either. Just that right now(looking at young core) they are a step ahead. Things can change as soon as this season though. Raymond takes another step, Kasper plays in the top six, Edvinsson emerges and we look better.

I don't think they've got better players than we do, they're just a couple years older. We're a similarly talented team now, and most of our best players are still on the way. All of their best young players are already on the roster. They've got nothing coming, we've got Edvinsson, Kasper, Danielson, ASP, Mazur, Cossa, Sodorblom, Lombardi, and Wallinder coming. They've got one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

They've got four or five guys on their NHL roster right now that are pretty good (Stutzle, Norris, Chychrun, Chabot, Tkachuk, and Batherson) and they only finished ahead of us because we didn't have Bertuzzi, Vrana, and Fabbri on the roster for most of the season last year. That's it. Get average seasons out of those three players last year and we finish ahead of them.

Also, we got substantially better in the offseason, they didn't. Bert is more or less equal to Dcat in production, but Compher is WAY better than Suter as a 3C, Kostin is a better winger than Zadina, Sprong is more or less equal to Kubalik, Reimer is better than Ned/Hellberg, Holl is better than Oesterle/Hagg/Lindstrom.

The big issue Sens had last season was goaltending. They've addressed that. They'll have a much better season between that and their own young players getting better. 

Wings have much more depth in the prospect pool. But we got nobody that can compare to guys like Stutzle and Tkatchuk up front. 

If the Wings are gonna be better than the Sens, it's got to be on depth. Because they have us beat on high-end talent. 

Edited by marcaractac