• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

And we are off and running for Preseason

Rate this topic

I don't think I've been this excited about a season in quite some time. Absolutely pumped. The team is better, we've got more talent waiting in the wings, and most importantly they've got some attitude. I love the Lalonde is playing up the "everyone is counting us out" angle. We're tougher, we're more skilled, we're deeper, and all our best players are in their primes or haven't even gotten there yet. We're going to be very competitive.

Everybody mocks the Yzerplan, but I see the vision. Yzerman isn't getting top 3 draft picks, so he is building a team with his 2nd tier draft picks and supplementing them with solid veterans. If you cant be overly talented, at least be overly deep, be hard to play against, tough, play the right way, and outwork the other team. This is turning out to be a true blue collar team fitting for Detroit.

12 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Everybody mocks the Yzerplan, but I see the vision. Yzerman isn't getting top 3 draft picks, so he is building a team with his 2nd tier draft picks and supplementing them with solid veterans. If you cant be overly talented, at least be overly deep, be hard to play against, tough, play the right way, and outwork the other team. This is turning out to be a true blue collar team fitting for Detroit.

I agree with most of this but I think you’re underselling how talented we are. Sure we didn’t get top three picks, but we still got the better players. In a redraft the only person that goes higher than Seider is Hughes, so Seider is essentially a top two pick. In a redraft the only guy that goes higher than Raymond is Stutzle so he’s essentially a top two pick. The only guy obviously better than Edvinsson is Beniers. Draft rankings and order go right out the window as soon as the players are picked. We may not have drafted high but we definitely aren’t building around unskilled players. 

Son of Daniel so hot right now

Kasper is a ghost out there

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Danielson! Strips the puck, give and go with Hirose, and he buries it. Coaches are gonna love this dude.

10 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Son of Daniel so hot right now

Kasper is a ghost out there

would take Zadina 18 shots to score from there.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Speaking of ghosts, Gostisbehere looked really awesome as well. I think our offense is going to be substantially better.

did we win?

Excited to see Klim Kostin tonight. Training camp doesn't really allow super physical guys to show off their true talents because they don't want to hurt their teammates. This will be the first chance he gets to really impress management and the coaching staff. Look for him to be a wrecking ball tonight.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Excited to see Klim Kostin tonight. Training camp doesn't really allow super physical guys to show off their true talents because they don't want to hurt their teammates. This will be the first chance he gets to really impress management and the coaching staff. Look for him to be a wrecking ball tonight.

Id never heard about this guy b4 this summer, but all of the sudden hes some major league shop wrecker?

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Id never heard about this guy b4 this summer, but all of the sudden hes some major league shop wrecker?

I'm not sure whether he's a major league shop wrecker but he's fought a lot of the tougher dudes in the league and done pretty well.