All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2/18 GDT - Maple Leafs @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Fandom doesn't factor in for me, it's just common sense. IF you can trade the older, more expensive and materially no better goalie and keep the younger, cheaper, no worse goalie.... who still has potential to be elite. You take the chance.
  3. Some good news for Holland haters

I'm definitely not a Holland hater, but I do feel its time to move on. I am however curious to what Chris Illitch is thinking here. Surely you don't let a GM of Hollands stature walk without a plan, a plan that has to take into consideration who jumps ship with him when he goes. I'm all for a total overhaul but ones that are a success like Toronto (that also took a long time to finally work out the way it did) are very rare, do these guys have the gusto to pull it off?
  4. Trump Suggests USPS Cut Retirement, Health Benefits in $80B Savings Package https://t.co/QzgdlduFXT via @ruralinfo

5. Rumors Thread

Draft picks are great if they're first or second rounders, but anything beyond that, it's a complete crap shoot. Sure - a 3rd round draft pick could turn out 4 years from now, but I won't hold my breath... You don't give assets away, which is what you originally suggested, for mid to late round draft picks, unless you're trying to get rid of the player. We got a 6th rounder for Kindl two years ago, because we wanted to move on, and there was a log jam on defense. Sure, it's good that we got Reilly Webb for a player we didn't want, but the chance of him ever becoming a full time NHLer, is slim to none. Is Mrazek really on the same level as Kindl? We just want to get rid of him? That's absurd... I disagree with the bold. I'd personally rather hold on to him for the next few months and make a decision this summer, than trade him now for a 3rd round pick. But again, IF the organization has already given up on him, I guess it would be wise to get whatever they can get. I just disagree with the decision to give up on him...
  6. Mike Green - worth?

He cant stop stepping on himself.
  7. Rumors Thread

Everything would be a lot easier with a 'crystal ball' I'm all for draft picks these next 3 draft classes...More the merrier. Sure - Mrazek could turn it around, but I won't hold my breath. Holland has been signing guys outta loyalty, and it's seeing us at the cap ceiling...No need to add another contract in Mrazek if he's gonna demand more $$$ this off season...He's simply not worth it. Best get sumthin now than nothin later.
  8. Today
  9. Karlsson on the move?

What makes you think he's any closer to our Swedes than any of the others in the league though? Is this actually a thing? If so, you may be right. But I find it hard to believe that he's closer to players a decade older than some that are in his age group...
  10. Mike Green - worth?

He is also expecting a high return for Glendening. Holland is out to lunch.
  11. Rumors Thread

Yes, Mrazek is an asset, but not because he's played well these past few weeks. Every single player, prospect and pick are considered assets. Mrazek is no different. It's just a matter of opinion what he's worth. I think today he's worth more than a mid round draft pick. I think in a few years we could look back and really regret such a trade. And for what? A 3rd round draft pick? You know what the odds are in getting a player of equal or better value than Mrazek around 80th overall? Slim to none. So why make the trade? We don't need the cap space. We don't have a young stud being blocked from coming up. Why not hold onto Mrazek for the remainder of this season, see how he plays down the stretch and make a decision in the offseason? People forget that he just turned 26 last week, which is relatively young for a goaltender. I'm not saying he will be elite or anything, but if he can be a legitimate starter / stop gap while we're waiting on the next big thing (Petruzzelli, Larsson, or whoever), that's a hell of a lot better option than Howard in my opinion. But whatever, unfortunately I think Mrazek gets traded very soon (maybe today)...
  12. Some good news for Holland haters

Too bad we didn't have this guy as our GM...Making 'offers they cannot refuse'...
  13. Karlsson on the move?

Don't ever underestimate the power of Swedish friendship...Combined - they will all use their Jedi mind tricks to reward Detroit with the 1st overall pick which lands us Dahlin.
  14. Karlsson on the move?

The point is our Swedes are his close friends. Alfredsson was convinced to come here by the Swedes. Karlsson can too
  15. Rumors Thread

Sure - because we need to lose as much as possible!
  16. Rumors Thread

So be it. Howard is already at the end - if not past - his 'prime'...In a few years when the Wings are ready to make a statement by finishing in the top 8 of the Eastern Conference - Howard will either not be a Wing, or if he is - he'll be a back up at best. As for Mrazek - he's been given ample opportunity to take the starting job away from Howard, and up until these past few weeks - he's done little...Right now he's probably at his highest value so I have no issue moving him when considering he's not worth his current salary, nor is he worth a raise, and I doubt he'll accept less $$$ to stay in Detroit. We need to be honest - this is a crappy team with a crappy coach...It has all the makings for drafting several players who rank in the top 50 over the next 3 draft classes which some say will be deep. We could very well challenge for the Cup in 3 to 5 years from now...For that - I say sell what we got for there's nobody on our current roster that appears 'All-Star' calibre. So Mrazek is an 'asset' because he's played well these past few weeks? Howard is what he is - 'hot', and 'cold', and injury prone. I know I consume more alcohol than what I should, but am I missing sumthin here?
  17. Rumors Thread

Sure, give away assets. Makes sense... Whether you believe in Mrazek or not, trading him for a mid round draft pick would be poor asset management. Unless of course, Holland has already decided that he's not going to re-sign him. That too, would be a mistake. Let Mrazek play the remainder of this season, and make a decision in the offseason. There's no rush.
  18. Karlsson on the move?

There will be plenty teams in the league that will likely have more prominent Swedes on their team than the Red Wings in 2-3 years time. I'm not saying he wouldn't be willing to negotiate, I just think he will end up testing free agency. Regardless, I wouldn't trade for Erik Karlsson. Wait until 2019 to see if we could sign him.
  19. Rumors Thread

As long as Holland is running this team, it will be ran into the ground. You want Coreau in net? lol
  20. Rumors Thread

Must respectfully disagree...If any rival wants either of our netminders - hell - they can have them.
  21. Karlsson on the move?

It’s still better than the other options he has with other noncontending teams. Any native friends to be close to is better than none.
  22. Some good news for Holland haters

Holland can go and take the entire front office with him. They as a group are the ones that have struck out on every big name UFA the last 7 years, had no plan for when Lidstrom etc... retired, and up until recently havent drafted well. Its time for a new front office. Could the new front office be worse? yes. They also could be better. Doing the same over and over and expecting a different result is.........
  23. Karlsson on the move?

Yeah, but just being in the state and seeing them every now and then isn't the same as going to the rink and working side by side every day. I'm still hopeful Lidstrom will come back as a defense coach...
  24. Rumors Thread

Tell them to take Howard or F*** Off! Trading Mrazek for peanuts is a huge mistake.
  25. Karlsson on the move?

They’ll still be around here at least half time, their kids were all born here if I’m not mistaken. It will be interesting to see if any Swedes take jobs in management
  26. Karlsson on the move?

Franzen is done. Zetterberg will likely be done in the next couple years. Same goes for Kronwall and Ericsson. Nyquist may be gone this week. I don't see Karlsson having much interest unless we draft Dahlin. Imagine a top pair of Dahlin - Karlsson for the next decade...
  27. Karlsson on the move?

id be completely fine moving mantha or aa for him were not getting dahlin we can build around karlsson but karlsson is most likely wanting an already contender team
  1. Load more activity