All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Scott R Lucidi

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Password and Email Addy Maybe Mabus could help me?
  3. ChristopherReevesLegs

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Did you get banned or forget ur pword?
  4. Scott R Lucidi

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing the guy dominate.
  5. ChristopherReevesLegs

2019-20 Prospects Thread

You damn Zadina nuts maybe getting your prayers answered tmrw
  6. ChristopherReevesLegs

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Another tidbit: Ex mrs zaitsev was asking for 22.6 million over the next 5 years for child support and alimony. Dunno if she got it.
  7. ChristopherReevesLegs

Rumors Thread

Sorry to be lazy and not dig for the links, but there was a story last night that NJD wants to trade Hall for Byram straight up. Lebrun was confirming this morning that Colorado has been in talks to get Taylor Hall.
  8. ChristopherReevesLegs

Story about ex wife (Russian) So seems more like the story is: Zaitsev's wife cheated on him Divorce She kept the kids to get alimony She's not taking proper care of the kids and using drugs in front of the kids Zaitsev removed his kids Whirlwind story this morning, and of course fans overeacted and dragged him thru the mud for the "attack"
  9. ChristopherReevesLegs

So um, Zaitsev is on film abducting his own children from his ex-wife in Russia? He had buddies with him who helped restrain her. Couple things on this: I see people online talking about domestic violence (probably cause of Voynov) but that doesn't look like the case to me. Looks like purely abduction. Folks are saying it's because he didn't want to pay her alimony anymore, but I don't buy this personally, abducting children does not cancel your alimony payments The Sens approved his leave of absence to miss games and return to Russia, so they probably know the back story of what is actually going on There is an unconfirmed rumor out there that the ex-wifes father was up to his ears in debt to a Russian "business man" and because of this took his own life recently. That "business man" may now be after Zaitsev's ex-wife for the debt owed. So this may all just be Zaitsev going to Russia to remove his kids from a potentially dangerous situation. Again, this is all unconfirmed thou. Zaitsev was not arrested by Russian police for the "abduction" and was allowed to leave the country and return to Canada where he is now No one knows where the kdis are now (besides Zaitsev obviously) Oi I got ahead of myself, Milstein just tweeted this:
  10. ChristopherReevesLegs

For anyone not already in the discord, here is the invite: https://discord.gg/hQJDfW I recommend joining ASAP, as discord invites expire after about a day or two. All you have to do is enter your email and you'll be in. It's basically just a chatroom, but like Dabs said, it's a place we can all go to say WTF when LGW is down. EDIT: if you're reading this in the future, PM me and I'll send you a new discord invite.
  11. Dabura

I ain't even gonna ask. If Matt hasn't said anything by now, he's not going to say anything. That's his right, I guess. Whatevz. Having a Discord is good. It's not a long-term replacement for this place, but it gives us a non-HF place to congregate and scheme. So I'ma cherish this place until it finally goes under. Could be tomorrow. Could be two years from now. Could be never.
  12. Dabura

TFW LGW is back up.
  13. Akakabuto

Woohoo
  14. Last week
  15. brett

Larkin's Stick Slamming

larkin is not possible to make the team better by leadership etc. id probably try to find a way to get scratched every game f*** that. have some young guys whos confidence is being destroyed every loss
  16. MabusIncarnate

Larkin's Stick Slamming

It's starting to get old, I agree. What he did against the Caps, tripping up Ovechkin after the empty net goal, breaking his stick, going to the bench, breaking it some more. He needs to carry himself better or maybe captain considerations need to go elsewhere. I hate to be like that, and at the beginning of the season I was all for giving him the C, but now i'm second guessing that. Lead by example Larkin, all eyes are on you. Acting out after every loss is making the team look worse. Keep it under control.
  17. Rivalred

Larkin's Stick Slamming

He is tired of losing maybe
  18. MabusIncarnate

Guys, i'm not sure how much more clear we can be on this. No politics on this board, ever. No American, Canadian, or International politics. This is the final warning on this, I will start handing out moderations in the future for any more violations. I'm confident the people who are discussing politics on here, that have been around here for a while, are very aware that it's against the rules here. Stop doing it, stop posting about it, keep it related to the NHL and hockey. Politics have no place on LGW, anywhere on this forum. There's thousands of other places on the internet to discuss politics on.
  19. ChristopherReevesLegs

Wings trade with Coyotes for G Eric Comrie, trade D Vili Saarijarvi

He was closer to elite when the Caps won it all, but I'm fine calling him above average either way And goalies are essentially your only Dman that plays every single shift. From an economic/efficiency lens it makes good sense to invest in that position and build from the net out. Acquiring an Andersen or Jones via trade is essentially gonna cost us 1st rounder and more anyway. If you're possibly getting a generational goalie talent I'm absolutely fine spending one pick on that, even if it's a high first. The alternative being getting an average or above average goalie via trade for a late first and possibly more... Most of my draft prospects views boil down to this. If Yzerman is cool with it, so am I. If Askarov is BPA, like Seider was, then f*** the conventional wisdom and take the darn kid..
  20. That would be a coaching thing though... I've been all about keeping Blashill around, because I have liked a lot of what he's done in regards to develop of the kids. But how much of that has really been on him? And how much of that has been good young players were going to be good anyway? Maybe some of them would have been even better under a different coach... Maybe Larkin wouldn't be in this crazy slump if he actually had decent linemates... Maybe this team wouldn't be on this crazy losing streak if we had reasonably constructed lines... Zadina playing on the 3rd line is a joke. Perlini yet to have an opportunity on a scoring line is a joke. I agree. However, I'm still a big believer in Larsson, and if he pans out, he'll be ready before Askarov anyway. Our D is that bad, but I don't think it's fair to assume that it will be in the next couple years. We have Seider and a few other prospects in the pipe, and I'm sure Yzerman will upgrade via trade and / or free agency as well. I agree.
  21. I was tempted to say Kucherov. Went with Stamkos because Stamkos and Hedman were the two fantastic building blocks that Yzerman inherited and they're the main reason why I think the jury is still out re: Yzerman's GM skillz. For what it's worth tho...I was looking over Hedman's career stats yesterday and I was surprised by how long it took Hedman to really become That Guy. For whatever reason, I was under the impression that he was a monster as early as his sophomore season. Nope! The point being: Yzerman did inherit two top-tier talents, but maybe I and others have been overstating that point just a wee bit. (Hedman's career stats.)
  22. In that case I hope Lafraniere is Kuch good.
  23. FAKE NEWS! I'm down with drafting this Yaskarov kid early in the 1st round if Yzerman and our scouts are totally sold on him and there aren't any Holy Crap This Is a Gamechanging Skater Right Here guys left on the board. In that scenario, I'd hope we could take someone to the cleaners in a trade-back deal. But if not, oh well, still take him. Agreed. Best-case scenario? We get Lafreniere, he's Stamkos Good, and Seider is Hedman Good.
  24. I dont think anyone has said we should draft a goalie in the first round. But we've had a definite goalie need for about 5 or 6 years now and that need has yet to be filled. Whether we get an above average or elite goalie, doesnt matter. We currently have neither. We also currently have no d. It will be very interesting to see how this team gets built, since yzerman has never built a team from the ground up.
  25. Neomaxizoomdweebie

Wings trade with Coyotes for G Eric Comrie, trade D Vili Saarijarvi

I've never bought into the "build from the net out" approach. There are always scenarios where a team has a bona fide starter, with a kid nipping at his heels and they need to trade one. Get one that way. I'm more of a fill the 2 hardest positions first (1C and 1D) and fill out your top 6 F and top 4 D from there. Goalies can't score, necessitating some really good skaters. But skaters can play stellar defense, making a need for an elite G null. That's why I don't go after a G in the early 1st round. If I have 2 first rounders? Maybe. If I'm a good team drafting in the second half of the 1st and I already have a solid team of F and D, then yes. But we don't have either of those 2 scenarios.
  26. I forgot Andersen started that game. Good call. There's definitely a talent component. But some nights it feels to me like the attention to detail simply isn't there. I'm not saying we can just flip a magical switch and play perfect Trotzian shutdown defense -- I'm saying we don't even protect the net. We take away the middle, we put four skaters in front of the net, and teams still waltz right through our kitchen. There's a lot of what looks to me like going through the motions. Even if it's almost entirely a talent thing, I think the situation still calls for an upgrade in net. If our D is so bad that it can't be trusted to do the simplest things on a consistent basis, we're probably going to need to find a goalie who can face 35+ shots every night and not give up 4 or 5 goals every night. Maybe a coaching change plus a new-look D group immediately changes the paradigm, but I'd like for us to be overprepared. Get a new starter. Get a new head coach. Bring in a good UFA defenseman. See what Seider can do.
  1. Load more activity