27 replies to this topic

#1 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

BERTUZZI WANTS OUT OF VANCOUVER?

TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: reports of rumours Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi might seek a trade out of Vancouver to get a fresh start "in a new city, away from the chaos that awaits him in Vancouver". The site speculates the real reason might be based on whatever decision Bertuzzi's linemate, Markus Naslund, makes regarding his future. If Naslund opts to remain in Sweden, Bertuzzi's motivation to remain in Vancouver may dampen.

Spector's Note: This is gonna rile up Canucks fans, and I can't say I blame 'em. I doubt Bertuzzi would want to leave Vancouver because of any "chaos", considering how much support he's received from the fans there since his vicious attack on Steve Moore last year. There's also reports that Bertuzzi has either sold his Vancouver home or is shopping it. If "Big Bert" were to demand a trade, it would more likely be based on Naslund not returning. I'd love to hear from Canucks fans on this one. I'll post your comments in a
future "Fans Speak Out".

---------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Put Whitney, Hudler and McCarty to Cancucks and get the #1 Power-forward here. Bertuzzi is excactly what we need. That would even help to restart the rivalry with Avs if Steve Moore will stay there.
user posted imageuser posted image

#2 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

Naslund will not stay in Sweden. If he stays with Vancouver is a different matter though. Sure, I'd be interested in bringing Bertuzzi to Detroit. The Canucks will be looking for a much better deal than Whitney, Hudler and McCarty though.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#3 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ July 19, 2005 - 08:20AM)
I'd be interested in bringing Bertuzzi to Detroit. The Canucks will be looking for a much better deal than Whitney, Hudler and McCarty though.

Exactly. The Canucks may be dumb (see keeping Clouts as their goaltender) but they're not that dumb. I could see them asking for something like Zetterberg or Datsyuk and Fischer.

They're not going to take an undersized overpaid winger, an AHL player, and a grinder who's best years are behind him.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#4 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

I would love to have Bertuzzi on the wings, although i don't know if he will be the same player when he returns to the Nhl after that incident with Moore.
"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#5 csdan

csdan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

I've heard rumors that Brian Burke will try and bring him and Naslund to the Ducks with him.

#6 ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior

USAF Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

Bertuzzi on the Wings would certainly renew our CO rivalry.

#7 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

I'm curious, what is Bertuzzi's contract status? will he be a buyout candidate?

#8 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

I'd love to see Bertuzzi in a Wings jersey, but like it has already been mentioned, they aren't that dumb. It would cost us quite a few players to bring him here, but *if* it did end up happening, I think it'd help us (or partly) on the lack of grit we have.

And also, I too have heard the rumors floating around about Naslund possibly landing in Anaheim. Man, I sure hope that doesn't happen..

#9 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ July 19, 2005 - 02:28PM)
Exactly.  The Canucks may be dumb (see keeping Clouts as their goaltender) but they're not that dumb.  I could see them asking for something like Zetterberg or Datsyuk and Fischer.

They're not going to take an undersized overpaid winger, an AHL player, and a grinder who's best years are behind him.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Fischer or Kronwall. One of them would definitely be part of a Bertuzzi deal. Which is why it probably won't happen.

Edited by RyanBarnes!, 20 July 2005 - 12:11 PM.

#10 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

It would be awesome to have Bertuzzi, because if somebody hit one of our guys, Bert would try to kill them. Literally. But if he does get traded, I doubt it will be to western confrence team, seeming how they'de have to play him a lot.

#11 cap20066

cap20066

Finch

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

because if somebody hit one of our guys, Bert would try to kill them. Literally.

Can't decide if thats funny or f***ed up...

Hmm

I'm Good

#12 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:05 PM

Let's not, and say we did. I still can't get over the fact that he did what he did to Moore. I don't want that type of player on the Wings. No way. Now Markus Naslund on the other hand...HELL YES.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#13 Yzermaniac192005

Yzermaniac192005

Gordie/Sid/Ted - Stevie/Sergei/Shanny - Z/Dats/Homer.

• Gold Booster
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, im not sure if having Bertuzzi on the wings would be such a great idea. If we do drop Mac then getting Bertuzzi would be great, but his reputation, especially after the incident with Moore isnt something that fits here in detroit...maybe in some other city, like colorado, but id hate to see us playing against him with the avs...either way, if he becomes available, i hope that the wings really think about this one...hell of a player though

#14 csdan

csdan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE ("Yzermaniac192005")
Yeah, im not sure if having Bertuzzi on the wings would be such a great idea. If we do drop Mac then getting Bertuzzi would be great, but his reputation, especially after the incident with Moore isnt something that fits here in detroit...maybe in some other city, like colorado, but id hate to see us playing against him with the avs...either way, if he becomes available, i hope that the wings really think about this one...hell of a player though

Do you really think we Colorado fans want him here after what he did. I don't wish what he did to Moore to happen to anyone else in the league, yes that even includes you Red Wings. I only look forward to our rivalry continuing with hard fought battles for the right to go to the Finals. No blood, just good old time Hockey.

Edited by csdan, 20 July 2005 - 11:33 PM.

#15 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (csdan @ July 20, 2005 - 11:47PM)
No blood, just good old time Hockey.

Well, maybe a little blood.

*helps Claude off the ice*
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#16 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:39 AM

Potential Bertuzzi deal:

Bertuzzi and Cloutier
for
Fedorov and Giguere

Burke is so stupid he would value Todd and Dan above JS and Feds. He'd think he was getting a STEAL.

EDIT: Imagine if the Nucks pulled that off, then were able to sign Kariya, Lapointe, and Selanne?

Kariya/Fedorov/Selanne
Naslund/Morrison/Lapointe

That would rock the known world. Heck of a lot scarier than anything they had before.

Edited by eva unit zero, 21 July 2005 - 12:43 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#17 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

No thanks, Detroit already has a "thug" image as is, no need to feed the fuel to the fire.
Moral victories are for losers.

#18 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ July 21, 2005 - 01:39AM)
Potential Bertuzzi deal:

Bertuzzi and Cloutier
for
Fedorov and Giguere

Burke is so stupid he would value Todd and Dan above JS and Feds. He'd think he was getting a STEAL.

EDIT: Imagine if the Nucks pulled that off, then were able to sign Kariya, Lapointe, and Selanne?

Kariya/Fedorov/Selanne
Naslund/Morrison/Lapointe

That would rock the known world. Heck of a lot scarier than anything they had before.

He might do Bertuzzi for Fedorov straight up.

#19 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (ColdWarrior @ July 19, 2005 - 09:20PM)
Bertuzzi on the Wings would certainly renew our CO rivalry.

Ha- that's exactly what I was thinking! I don't see it happening though.

Naslund and Forsberg want to play together, similar to the Kariya and Selanne deal, will be interesting to see how this affects Vancouver.
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#20 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ July 21, 2005 - 01:11AM)
No thanks, Detroit already has a "thug" image as is, no need to feed the fuel to the fire.

If anything we were way two soft last, last season ( huh.gif ). Name the "thugs" on the recent Wings...

McCarty: didn't act like one much, was injured.

Hatcher: only played a handful of games with the Wings - didn't commit much thuggery during those.

Who else?
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!