• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Henkka

Bertuzzi wants out of Vancouver?

Rate this topic

BERTUZZI WANTS OUT OF VANCOUVER?

TORONTO STAR/WAYMORESPORTS.COM: reports of rumours Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi might seek a trade out of Vancouver to get a fresh start "in a new city, away from the chaos that awaits him in Vancouver". The site speculates the real reason might be based on whatever decision Bertuzzi's linemate, Markus Naslund, makes regarding his future. If Naslund opts to remain in Sweden, Bertuzzi's motivation to remain in Vancouver may dampen.

Spector's Note: This is gonna rile up Canucks fans, and I can't say I blame 'em. I doubt Bertuzzi would want to leave Vancouver because of any "chaos", considering how much support he's received from the fans there since his vicious attack on Steve Moore last year. There's also reports that Bertuzzi has either sold his Vancouver home or is shopping it. If "Big Bert" were to demand a trade, it would more likely be based on Naslund not returning. I'd love to hear from Canucks fans on this one. I'll post your comments in a

future "Fans Speak Out".

---------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Put Whitney, Hudler and McCarty to Cancucks and get the #1 Power-forward here. Bertuzzi is excactly what we need. That would even help to restart the rivalry with Avs if Steve Moore will stay there.

Naslund will not stay in Sweden. If he stays with Vancouver is a different matter though. Sure, I'd be interested in bringing Bertuzzi to Detroit. The Canucks will be looking for a much better deal than Whitney, Hudler and McCarty though.

I'd be interested in bringing Bertuzzi to Detroit. The Canucks will be looking for a much better deal than Whitney, Hudler and McCarty though.

Exactly. The Canucks may be dumb (see keeping Clouts as their goaltender) but they're not that dumb. I could see them asking for something like Zetterberg or Datsyuk and Fischer.

They're not going to take an undersized overpaid winger, an AHL player, and a grinder who's best years are behind him.

I'd love to see Bertuzzi in a Wings jersey, but like it has already been mentioned, they aren't that dumb. It would cost us quite a few players to bring him here, but *if* it did end up happening, I think it'd help us (or partly) on the lack of grit we have.

And also, I too have heard the rumors floating around about Naslund possibly landing in Anaheim. Man, I sure hope that doesn't happen..

Exactly.  The Canucks may be dumb (see keeping Clouts as their goaltender) but they're not that dumb.  I could see them asking for something like Zetterberg or Datsyuk and Fischer.

They're not going to take an undersized overpaid winger, an AHL player, and a grinder who's best years are behind him.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Fischer or Kronwall. One of them would definitely be part of a Bertuzzi deal. Which is why it probably won't happen.

Edited by RyanBarnes!

It would be awesome to have Bertuzzi, because if somebody hit one of our guys, Bert would try to kill them. Literally. But if he does get traded, I doubt it will be to western confrence team, seeming how they'de have to play him a lot.

Yeah, im not sure if having Bertuzzi on the wings would be such a great idea. If we do drop Mac then getting Bertuzzi would be great, but his reputation, especially after the incident with Moore isnt something that fits here in detroit...maybe in some other city, like colorado, but id hate to see us playing against him with the avs...either way, if he becomes available, i hope that the wings really think about this one...hell of a player though

Yeah, im not sure if having Bertuzzi on the wings would be such a great idea. If we do drop Mac then getting Bertuzzi would be great, but his reputation, especially after the incident with Moore isnt something that fits here in detroit...maybe in some other city, like colorado, but id hate to see us playing against him with the avs...either way, if he becomes available, i hope that the wings really think about this one...hell of a player though

Do you really think we Colorado fans want him here after what he did. I don't wish what he did to Moore to happen to anyone else in the league, yes that even includes you Red Wings. I only look forward to our rivalry continuing with hard fought battles for the right to go to the Finals. No blood, just good old time Hockey.

Edited by csdan

Potential Bertuzzi deal:

Bertuzzi and Cloutier

for

Fedorov and Giguere

Burke is so stupid he would value Todd and Dan above JS and Feds. He'd think he was getting a STEAL.

EDIT: Imagine if the Nucks pulled that off, then were able to sign Kariya, Lapointe, and Selanne?

Kariya/Fedorov/Selanne

Naslund/Morrison/Lapointe

That would rock the known world. Heck of a lot scarier than anything they had before.

Edited by eva unit zero

Potential Bertuzzi deal:

Bertuzzi and Cloutier

for

Fedorov and Giguere

Burke is so stupid he would value Todd and Dan above JS and Feds. He'd think he was getting a STEAL.

EDIT: Imagine if the Nucks pulled that off, then were able to sign Kariya, Lapointe, and Selanne?

Kariya/Fedorov/Selanne

That would rock the known world. Heck of a lot scarier than anything they had before.

He might do Bertuzzi for Fedorov straight up.

Bertuzzi on the Wings would certainly renew our CO rivalry.

Ha- that's exactly what I was thinking! I don't see it happening though.

Naslund and Forsberg want to play together, similar to the Kariya and Selanne deal, will be interesting to see how this affects Vancouver.

No thanks, Detroit already has a "thug" image as is, no need to feed the fuel to the fire.

If anything we were way two soft last, last season ( huh.gif ). Name the "thugs" on the recent Wings...

McCarty: didn't act like one much, was injured.

Hatcher: only played a handful of games with the Wings - didn't commit much thuggery during those.

Who else?

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't want Bertuzzi here. He is a wonderful player, and, yes, would fit nicely, but I have no respect for him and what he did. In case you've forgotten, a cheap shot not too different from that was the reason we hated C. Lemieux. As much as I want to win, I don't want to have a player known for throwing the biggest cheap shot of all time. Players like that belong in Colorado.

Potential Bertuzzi deal:

Bertuzzi and Cloutier

for

Fedorov and Giguere

Kariya/Fedorov/Selanne

He might do Bertuzzi for Fedorov straight up.

Nah...Burke probably wants "his" goalie.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't want Bertuzzi here. He is a wonderful player, and, yes, would fit nicely, but I have no respect for him and what he did. In case you've forgotten, a cheap shot not too different from that was the reason we hated C. Lemieux. As much as I want to win, I don't want to have a player known for throwing the biggest cheap shot of all time. Players like that belong in Colorado.

Well I guess we'll just be trading for Bertuzzi then won't we... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No thanks, Detroit already has a "thug" image as is, no need to feed the fuel to the fire.

wait.....thug image? where? what Detroit team? the Lions or Tigers? Cuz it sure as hell ain't the wings...Oh my!

Edited by Seth