• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

I can hear the choke, choke on manny's part. If osgood was in net he wouldhave been murdered on the boards. When will people realize Manny is no #1, and never will be.

Well, if Manny is no #1, then what does that make Osgood since Manny has played much better this season than Ozzy?

I can't believe everyone's blaming the goaltender because Nashville scored two breakaways one two great dekes.

Manny had a couple of fantastic saves, had a .929% save percentage, and didn't let in one soft goal. But yeah, it's Manny's fault. blink.gif

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

Manny is a s***ty goalie. He will always be a backup. He prolly couldnt even start for Boston, but yet he is Detroit's number 1 guy. Way to go babcock on that genious idea there.

Why can't the Wings score? I thought they were set on offense. If you look at their roster you'd think so. Apparently not. I hope that they trade some of our "im glad to be here" players away for some real players.

Manny is a s***ty goalie. He will always be a backup. He prolly couldnt even start for Boston, but yet he is Detroit's number 1 guy. Way to go babcock on that genious idea there.

Riiiiiiiiight cause he's to blame for this loss LMAO

I wouldn't want to be on a breakaway against two of the better offensive players in the NHL.

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

wow Detroit's amazing powerplay strikes again 1-9 this time. Hmm, this powerplay just clicks, lemme tell yah.

It is starting to become funny how we consistently outshoot other teams and consistently lose lol

Why can't our GM wake up and just try to aquire Luongo or someone lol geez can't be too hard rolleyes.giftongue.gif I only wish that would happen...

Scoring truly was our problem this game. Were our guys to actually capitalize on their chances, the game wouldn't have even went to overtime.

That said...Manny's gotta rob a breakaway or two one of these days. I can't think of one such robbing in recent memory.

puke.gif

Official 3 stars from NHL.com.

1 - Tomas Vokoun - 38 saves, again, arguably the only reason they won tonight.

2 - Chris Chelios - 22:55 ice time, 2 hits, 1 SOG.

3 - Steve Sullivan - 19:33 ice time, 5 SOG, 2 hits.

It was not two great dekes. Kariya's goal was EASILY stoppable. Legace played that in the WORST possible way he could. Stopping a breakaway is probably the easiest part of goaltending, no lie. You come out and challenge, make the shooter make the first move (in this case you KNEW for a fact that Kariya was going to go glove side based on how he was skating, the way he was deking, and his speed alone), and you slide back to the post in the butterfly or half-butterfly position on, roughly a 45* angle.

Really, it's not that hard.

i mean wtf are you guys talking about it was not the goaltending in either of these games it was the offence, zetterberg datsyuk or shanahan did not show up either games.

Agree!!! Shanahan missed three good scoring chances, Zetterberg is coming off of injury, and Datsyuk looked very lazy at times... you can't expect to win too many games when you score one goal.

Why dont you take your trash talk to the appropriate thread... its clear that you are being irrational.

I am sure you all know my opinion, but it is FACT that Manny has outplayed Osgood hands down. What are you trying to say, that Osgood would be only good enough to be a 'back up' in Boston. laugh.gif

When Legace starts allowing 6 goals like your beloved, let me know...

Guest WAR MACHINE GoW

You know I like to watch a hockey game for just once this year!!! NOT BASKETBALL..these 'touch me foul' type penalties have completely ruined hockey.

That game was a joke--no flow--nothing but penalties--it was actually boring for a game as big as it was in the standings and all that was at stake...I like the crackdown on obstruction away from the puck but all this, TOUCH ME and its a PENALTY, calls on the puck carrier is a complete joke--its not hockey!!

and dont get me started on the stupid point system the NHL has in effect, lose every game in OT and still get 82 points thumbdown.gif thats stupid!!!!

I'll admit, I only saw the last half of the game because I had a night class, but I didn't think everyone played like crap. I thought the Maltby-Draper-Franzen line did fine. Of course they had great chances that they didn't score on... like always. user posted image But the PK did well. So add Cleary to the "didn't suck" column for the evening.

But three penalties on Schneider? I'll say the same thing I've said about Lang... scoring a 5 on 3 goal does not make up for putting your team down a man over and over again.

Shorthanded breakaway for the Preds? Not acceptable.

Bring on Osgood. I am pretty much neutral on the whole goalie situation but Manny is playing with zero confidence right now. He needed to come up with a big save on at least one of those breakaways and he didn't. I still believe you can never really fault a goalie for giving up a breakaway goal, but sometimes a big save is really needed and Manny shows no indication right now that he will be coming up with one anytime soon.

I knew halfway through the third that it was going to be an OT loss, just kind of a gut feeling. The one point keeps the night from being a complete fiasco, but I better not hear Babcock saying how they deserved to win this one again like he did last night. puke.gif

Edited by Grind Line 33

I wouldn't want to be on a breakaway against two of the better offensive players in the NHL.

*coughColumbuscoughShootoutcoughOsgoodcoughNashcoughFedorovcough*

It can be done. tongue.gif

EDIT: Stupid brackets!

Edited by edicius