• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Super Bowl XLI

Rate this topic

Who is going to Miami?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Baltimore and New Orleans. The NFC is just so wide open and every team has problems, but the Saints have some solid road wins so i can see them winning at Chicago. My original pick at the start of the season was Dallas, and i still think on paper they have the best talent. Part of me still wants to stick it out and say they'll bounce back from these losses and return to form, so im kinda torn! In the AFC, i think Baltimore just has "it" this year with McNair. San Diego is a great team but if they have to play New England, theres no way i can bet against Belichek facing a young QB in his first playoff game.

As for the Super Bowl, if N.O does make it theyll be like the NFLs version of the cinderella Detroit Tigers and fall short.at the end.

I went with Baltimore and New Orleans. The NFC is just so wide open and every team has problems, but the Saints have some solid road wins so i can see them winning at Chicago. My original pick at the start of the season was Dallas, and i still think on paper they have the best talent. Part of me still wants to stick it out and say they'll bounce back from these losses and return to form, so im kinda torn! In the AFC, i think Baltimore just has "it" this year with McNair. San Diego is a great team but if they have to play New England, theres no way i can bet against Belichek facing a young QB in his first playoff game.

As for the Super Bowl, if N.O does make it theyll be like the NFLs version of the cinderella Detroit Tigers and fall short.at the end.

See I think when you have home field advantage, solid defense, and a great running back, you never go against that in the playoffs. San Diego has it all and to me, are going to be this years champions.

See I think when you have home field advantage, solid defense, and a great running back, you never go against that in the playoffs. San Diego has it all and to me, are going to be this years champions.

Good points for sure, and i do think San Diego is a complete team. But it all comes down to Rivers vs Belichick for me like i said. Now if the Jets upset N.E. than its a moot point, but i dont know...i can just picture Rivers having a real tough time with the defensive schemes he'll throw at him.

Good points for sure, and i do think San Diego is a complete team. But it all comes down to Rivers vs Belichick for me like i said. Now if the Jets upset N.E. than its a moot point, but i dont know...i can just picture Rivers having a real tough time with the defensive schemes he'll throw at him.

Pats beating the Jets is not a given. The Jets talentwise dont match up, but with Mangini, a Belichick disciple, they have a shot.

I'm gonna go with S.D. and N.O., with S.D. picking up the Lombardi trophy.

The NFC is more evenly matched all around than the AFC. But the AFC's best are WAY better than the NFC's best. Should be a fun few weeks!

*edit* Double post.

Edited by Jedi

Guest ZetterBurger40

I'm not sure if I can see anyone shutting down LT and the Chargers, but Its very hard for me to pick against Brady and the Pats.

I'm not sure if I can see anyone shutting down LT and the Chargers, but Its very hard for me to pick against Brady and the Pats.

Only Marty Schottenheimer can stop the Chargers.

Guest ZetterBurger40

Hmmm...too many people like New Orleans, thats a bad sign.

I like the story, but don't think they'll last.

Hmmm...too many people like New Orleans, thats a bad sign.

I think a lot of people look at Chicago and can't see them in the Super Bowl, and thats why they pick the Saints.

Same amount of people are picking the Chargers too tho.

Not really looking like a very exciting playoffs on paper- but you never know. I picked San Diego - it seems to be their year. I won't be able to stomach watching Baltimore in the Super Bowl - I would rather go skiing that day then. I always root for Brady/Pats but I don't think they have that much talent this year - amazing they did this well considering. I like to watch the hometown team play - Broncos - but they blew it in OT last Sunday.

I pick Chargers and Eagles for the Super Bowl. I can't see anyone stopping LT in the playoffs.

As for the Eagles, well, Bears have too many problems, and I can't see the Saints going all the way. That leaves one of the teams playing this weekend, and the Eagles are the best of that bunch.

I'll be pulling for the Saints, though. Them and the Colts.

I refuse to be a believer in Garcia! I think playoff time will be where the true Garcia shows up, so i smell a Giants upset! (well at least thats what im hoping for)

Patriots over Jets in the other one

No way. The Giants are an embarrassment of a football team. Philly needs to light them up. In an ideal world, the careers of Tom Coughlin in New York and Tiki Barber (who, by the way, is actually a really cool guy) should end this afternoon. The oft-unappreciated Brian Westbrook will lose his mind and combine for over two hundred yards and a score or two.

Or so my prediction goes, anyways.

Pats should beat the Jets, but an upset would be terrific in my book.

I'm going with SD and Chicago. I don't know if anyone's going to stop LT. The NFC is pretty much a crap shoot, so why not pick Da Bears.

Rex. Grossman.

Worst quarterback in the playoffs.

I also would love to see the Giants eliminated early. What terrific poetic justice for Eli Manning to watch the Chargers go to the Super Bowl from his couch. Tiki Barber is the only reason I would have to root for the G-men.

Rex. Grossman.

Worst quarterback in the playoffs.

I also would love to see the Giants eliminated early. What terrific poetic justice for Eli Manning to watch the Chargers go to the Super Bowl from his couch. Tiki Barber is the only reason I would have to root for the G-men.

I agree with you completly. Tiki is a class act, but Eli and Coughlin are little *******.

You notice how every year the Super Bowl champ catches a huge break in the playoffs? Like Rothlesburger's tackle against the Colts when the Bus fumbled, or Tom Brady's tuck call when he got sacked by Woodson. The Seahawks may be that team after Romo's choke FG attempt

I Have always been, still am, and will continue to be a fan of THE CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!

There's one twist...I was born in 1988. 3 years after Sweetness, Samurai Mike, and that Punky QB Known as McMahon went to New Orleans and brought home a Lombardi Trophy. I was born into the end of the Ditka Era, The Wannstedt Era, the QB Switcheroo, the years of sub-.500 play, and no playoffs, and being the cellar dwellers of the NFC...Then came Jauron. The One Good Season under him in the last year of Old Soldier, and he squandered it. Losing seasons the next 2 years and Dick Jauron was gone. Then Came Lovie, the Texan who sold me on the first sentence I ever heard him speak:

I know how to beat the Green Bay Packers.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT SOMEONE WHO'S THINKING! Next he said:

We will build a playoff contender by building a division winner.

Again a step forward.

We will Bring a Superbowl Championship back to Chicago.

By now I'm drooling and waiting for the 05 season to start...

The 04 season-5-11, BUT WE BEAT THE PACKERS! (like he said)

The 05 season-11-5, NFC North Division Champions! (like he also said, despite losing to Carolina)

This season-13-3, NFC North Division Champs! Again! We play the Seachickens Sunday at Noon...And much like the first time: THE BEARS WILL PUNCH YOUR STUPID FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!