• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

To trade, or not to trade...

Rate this topic

I understand you're thought...but we still should make a deal. Yes the Wings are probably doing better then most expected but you can't sit back and hope this team will go all the way. It's esentially the same team we had in the playoffs last year with a few adjustments so thats proof enough we need one or two more pieces. Who, Idk but it wouldn't be smart to sit back and hope this team will go all the way. The Pavel/Hank/Homer line is amazing but they can only carry a team so long.

This is just my own idea but the way the wings have been playing Holland may start thinking twice about breaking the chemistry. No one thought that the wings were going to be such a force this season. Holland is no fool, he will only trade if he gets a bargain and the way things are going is that there will be no bargains just highway robery.

He will most certainly make a deal or two before the deadline. He's only posturing just like the sellers are posturing with their outrageous demands.

Do you really think that Florida ownership will be happy to see Roberts and Bertuzzi leave for absolutely nothing? Or if St.Louis gets jack for Guerin or Tkachuk? Trust me, it's "stare-down" time right now. There are only a handful of sellers and an abundance of buyers. The Sellers are hoping that one of the buyers blinks first. But I doubt it will happen.

In the end guys like Roberts and Guerin will go for a reasonable price.

This is just my own idea but the way the wings have been playing Holland may start thinking twice about breaking the chemistry. No one thought that the wings were going to be such a force this season. Holland is no fool, he will only trade if he gets a bargain and the way things are going is that there will be no bargains just highway robery.

I understand what you are saying here about chemistry. On the other hand, if the second line doesn't start scoring some goals, all it would take to put the Wings on the shelf during the playoffs would be one dirty hit on Zetterberg or Datsyuk. There goes the line and there goes any chance to win the Cup. Holland is keenly aware of the dangers of having only one line that can score, so I think he will continue to try to make a deal. The way (especially) Lang is playing is just unacceptable. I see no chemistry there.

Juts a thought, but you may not want to post "NO TRADE COMING" as your thread title, as if there is breaking news, only to offer your own personal analysis. I'm not saying it to be a jerk, just that with the deadline closing in, the title is a bit misleading.

Too many people want a trade to come. I hope he doesn't mess with the team.

Lang I'm sure will do better than he has been lately once the playoffs roll around. He always seems to thrive under those conditions. That being said, that line is not clicking by any means. A move needs to be made in order to help balance the Wings attack and force our first round opponent to not stack completely against the Z-Dats-Homer line.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

From hockey buzz.....

My sources are saying that a Guerin deal could go down this afternoon. Remember I said "could." The teams leading currently...Detroit, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Atlanta. This could change as the day goes and more players get involved. (don't count out Pittsburgh at all)

From hockey buzz.....

My sources are saying that a Guerin deal could go down this afternoon. Remember I said "could." The teams leading currently...Detroit, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Atlanta. This could change as the day goes and more players get involved. (don't count out Pittsburgh at all)

If you believe Hockeybuzz then you should believe this:

My dog just farted twice and then licked his sack. This means that Guerin will be traded to the Kings for a 7th rounder and the rights to nude photos of Bruce McNall.

Seriously, when has anything that's come out of Eklunds mouth been true? The only time he reports a deal that comes true is AFTER the deal's been made or TSN breaks the news.

I do agree that some change might be needed but it differs from what i've been reading. Detroit does not need the scoring winger, they need a GOON. Someone that will give confidence to players like Dats in the playoffs.

I may be wrong ...but i don't think so :P

I do agree that some change might be needed but it differs from what i've been reading. Detroit does not need the scoring winger, they need a GOON. Someone that will give confidence to players like Dats in the playoffs.

I may be wrong ...but i don't think so :P

Sorry bellarina but a goon is not going to turn this team from a 1 line threat into a 2 or 3 line threat. And trust me when I say it's not been the absence of a goon that's prevented Datsyuk from being a playoff performer. You would need a shrink to figure out why he can't perform when it matters most.

But anyway, this teams #1, #2 and #3 need/concern is finding a winger with scoring, speed and grit. Sure, every team might need this but Detroit seems to lack it worse than anyone. Especially when you see poor Robert Lang trying to produce with 2 4th line players on this line. And even Jason Williams could be described as a very good AHL player. I don't care who you are, even Crosby couldn't put up 80 points playing with JW and Cleary.

If you believe Hockeybuzz then you should believe this:

My dog just farted twice and then licked his sack. This means that Guerin will be traded to the Kings for a 7th rounder and the rights to nude photos of Bruce McNall.

Seriously, when has anything that's come out of Eklunds mouth been true? The only time he reports a deal that comes true is AFTER the deal's been made or TSN breaks the news.

Nah, don't believe 95% of it. Though it is slightly entertaining to read, and was posted to respond to the "NO TRADE COMING" title. Reguarless trades are coming, and I'm willing to bet Guerin's getting moved, and I think it'll have a domino effect, that will lead to the wings being in some sort of deal.

while I agree he throws stuff at the wall and see's what sticks, he was right about Forsberg very recently, before it was reported on TSN or anywhere.

edit...mistake

Edited by bringback91

Our second line is probably the worst in the NHL. Williams and Cleary are NOT second line players. Cleary had his fun and scoring tear, but it's time to get back to reality people. Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line when he was scoring all those points. He didn't do any of that when he was with his current line. Maybe Cleary could be a goal scorer, but it's highly unlikely.

And Williams... Well, we all know the story there. :hehe:

You make a good point of why they wouldn't trade and yes they are doing better than what people thought, for the second straight year, but like many have said the second line needs help. Outside of that top line who is scoring. Wasn't last night the first night where a goal was scored without Zetterberg, Datsyuk or Homer having any part of it for a while now? Guerin would help out a lot playing on the right side of Lang. I like Cleary there and if he could get going again I like that line. I don't think they will get two top 6 forwards but maybe two forwards total

Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line
Cleary/Lang connected quite a bit this season. The problem is a large part of Cleary's success was just him feeding off Lang, who had been carrying the offense before Dats and Zata got going. Replace Williams with Hudler, and Lang has two capable scorers on his wings. Lang and Hudler have displayed chemistry in the past. Williams can play with Filppula and Kopecky/Samuelsson or he could even be the spare.

EDIT: What's with merging the thread when I'm trying to post? Some mods have no manners.... :lol:

Edited by eva unit zero

Cleary/Lang connected quite a bit this season. The problem is a large part of Cleary's success was just him feeding off Lang, who had been carrying the offense before Dats and Zata got going. Replace Williams with Hudler, and Lang has two capable scorers on his wings. Lang and Hudler have displayed chemistry in the past. Williams can play with Filppula and Kopecky/Samuelsson or he could even be the spare.

EDIT: What's with merging the thread when I'm trying to post? Some mods have no manners.... :lol:

With Mike Babcock as coach, there's very little chance that will happen. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'd like to clarify why I say this. Remember when Babcock did bench Williams about a month or two ago, and Williams threw a little hissy fit over it and immediatly get's back in the lineup even when he clearly doesn't deserve it? Well, I do remember it, and will not let it go anytime soon. Plenty of players complain about being scratched, and their respected coaches don't care, telling them if they want to play they need to play better. Babcock immediatly gave Williams a spot back just because Williams was "upset". This is why he'll never be a spare. Babcock will give in if he so much as blinks.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Crymson

Lang I'm sure will do better than he has been lately once the playoffs roll around. He always seems to thrive under those conditions. That being said, that line is not clicking by any means.

I hope so. I wanted to throttle him last night. It enrages me when a player is in a huge slump but still doesn't really seem to give a s***. Last year it was Lilja; now it is Lang.

Our second line is probably the worst in the NHL. Williams and Cleary are NOT second line players. Cleary had his fun and scoring tear, but it's time to get back to reality people. Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line when he was scoring all those points. He didn't do any of that when he was with his current line. Maybe Cleary could be a goal scorer, but it's highly unlikely.

And Williams... Well, we all know the story there. :hehe:

Uhm try again.. Cleary NEVER played with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. NEVER!!!. Where on earth did you come up with this? Try again.

Cleary scored all of his points with Lang and Williams/Sammy, usually Williams.

With Mike Babcock as coach, there's very little chance that will happen. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'd like to clarify why I say this. Remember when Babcock did bench Williams about a month or two ago, and Williams threw a little hissy fit over it and immediatly get's back in the lineup even when he clearly doesn't deserve it? Well, I do remember it, and will not let it go anytime soon. Plenty of players complain about being scratched, and their respected coaches don't care, telling them if they want to play they need to play better. Babcock immediatly gave Williams a spot back just because Williams was "upset". This is why he'll never be a spare. Babcock will give in if he so much as blinks.

Umm again, where did you get this? Show me your sources. Because of Williams` poor performance, Babcock benched Williams. He allowed Williams back into the lineup several games down the line. This is standard operating procedure. What, do you expect a coach to bench a player for the entire season based on bad performance? Try again, kiddo. FYI: Williams produced in his return to the lineup after that period.

Again, where on earth do you come up with this BS? The comment on Cleary's involvement with Zetterberg and Datsyuk was a blatant lie--either that or it showed that you just don't watch Wings games at all, in which case you really shouldn't be posting here--and this one on Williams and Babs was such pure fairy tale that I'd like to punch you through your monitor.

Give it up.