• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

OFFICIAL: Pronger Suspended for Game 4

Rate this topic

i must say since this pronger incident that alot of you wings fans have been very classless and quite rude to say the least. you guys say that you are so classy and that this board is a great place to chat and talk puck but in the last 24 hours i have seen the most bias,mean, and unnecassary comments ive seen in awhile

is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to post here?

i must say since this pronger incident that alot of you wings fans have been very classless and quite rude to say the least. you guys say that you are so classy and that this board is a great place to chat and talk puck but in the last 24 hours i have seen the most bias,mean, and unnecassary comments ive seen in awhile

If you come on to this board and try to defend a cowardly hit like that, then you should expect heat. I realize if wasn't the ducks fans that hit homer high. It was pronger. There should be zero excuses for that kind of play in the NHL, If you can't see that then your as blind as the refs in game 3.

Edited by ifonlyicouldskate

If you come on to this board and try to defend a cowardly hit like that, then you should expect heat. I realize if wasn't the ducks fans that hit homer high. It was pronger. There should be zero excuses for that kind of play in the NHL, If you can't see that then your as blind as the refs in game 3.

i am supporting my team thats why! And i will continue to support them no matter what happens to the team or the players on the ducks. i am as a loyal duck fan as it gets. i personally dont think that he should have been suspended. i think he should have been thrown out of the rest of the game and fined and thats it. i thinks wrong to hurt the team because of one hit by a player that was borderline illegal in the 1st place.

i wouldnt call pronger a coward either because if anything happens on the ice he is the 1st to jump in and defend a teammate

Edited by justheducks

In the spirit of moving on, and tempering the Pronger death wishes.

Basically I feel the way about Pronger that I used to feel about Chelios when he played in Chicago.

good tough players sometime make bad decisions. Pronger is missing a HUGE playoff game as a result. Justice was served.

but to be clear, I still hate Pronger. :D

i am supporting my team thats why! And i will continue to support them no matter what happens to the team or the players on the ducks. i am as a loyal duck fan as it gets. i personally dont think that he should have been suspended. i think he should have been thrown out of the rest of the game and fined and thats it. i thinks wrong to hurt the team because of one hit by a player that was borderline illegal in the 1st place.

i wouldnt call pronger a coward either because if anything happens on the ice he is the 1st to jump in and defend a teammate

I said it in a different thread. Although it was pronger that made the hit, he IS wearing a Ducks jersey and he DOES have an A on that jersey. What does it say about the management and the higher ups in Anaheim that they would appoint someone who obviously has an issue with play like this and would intentionally drive someones face into a steel girder with intent to injure? It says a lot about the character of this team if they have to try to injure people to win. Everyone knew it was going to start getting nasty because everyone knows how these games get when the scoring gets out of hand. Your Anaheim Ducks were responsible for not keeping Prongers temper in check and essentially enabling him in a leadership position to do what he did.

Not to mention that the argument about "not punishing the team, just punish pronger" is an absurd argument. He is on the team and he represents the team. How about next time pronger scores a goal it doesn't count for Anaheim, rather it counts just for pronger. The point of playing on a team is to contribute to the team. If someone on the team makes a boneheaded move, by definition of the word team, the whole team is going to suffer. So punishing Pronger should make the team suffer as well so there might be more locker room discouragement from Anaheim.

I feel really sorry for Duckette and Wild Wing who have to get grouped in with morons like you. The only people thinking Pronger is innocent here are homer Ducks fans, and that about says it. The fact that you think its "wrong to hurt the team" because of what Pronger did makes along with your "makeup calls are an unwritten rule in the game" and a slew of other assinine comments make you perhaps one of the most embarassing excuses for a hockey fan I have ever seen.

look, because you're such a loyal fan -- which i respect, by the way -- i just don't think you're seeing things objectively. you and brian burke are pretty much the only people who have defended this hit as even "borderline" clean.

i have seen some things on this board from wings fans that i don't think were "classy" moves (i'm starting to get a little tired of that word). i do not support comments like "i hope he gets hit by a bus" or recommendations that the wings have bertuzzi slam his head into the ice. at the end of the day, people get riled up when they see one of their guys go down, even if it's not as bad as it could have been. i think the most important thing is the way our team handled it. you did not hear babcock railing against pronger in the press conference, demanding a suspension, etc. homer even just said he didn't see the guy from behind him -- he never went on a rant about how pronger was trying to injure him. he knew the league would deal with it and that's that. sure, some of the fans here don't epitomize class -- it's not their job. their job is to support their team, which you should appreciate based on your defense of and indefensible incident. how our team responded is the most important thing, and i don't think there is any way anyone can criticize the players or the administration of the wings in any way following this incident.

...and you're calling us biased? What Pronger did was clearly intent to injure and just blatant headhunting. Even though he is a Duck, I hope you can see that. There's a difference between being loyal and blind homerism.

Borderline??? what was so borderline about that hit? was homer falling down? was he trying to duck the hit? It was a double elbow to the the head. It was BOARDING period. There was nothing bordline about it. I do think Rob got the raw deal on the play. And yes I think Pronger is a coward much the same way I think Claude was a coward, I seen Prongers dirty plays many times back when he was with the blues. The wings fans are not new to Prongers playing style. I just don't understand how anyone can even attempt to defend that hit. I don't care if it happened between two different teams and two different players.

I remember when he took a puck to the chest and dropped like he just died, and you know what ? Nobody was cheering, You could of heard a pin drop at the Joe.

Remember, Pronger has a history of this type of behavior. People are getting sick of seeing him snap and lose it when the going gets tough. Hockey's an emotional game, but at the end of the day people have families to go home to. I couldn't imagine what Homer's wife and kids were going through seeing their husband/father lying on the ice with blood running down his head. If this wasn't the playoffs, Chris would have been given 5-10 games.

I understand loyalty, but I can't understand how anyone could defend Pronger's hit on Holmstrom. I for one would be totally embarrassed and pissed if one of the Wings players hit someone like that. I'm glad we have a team that hits hard, but doesn't cross the line where they could seriously injure the opposition.

Between the 2nd and 3rd Periods, on TSN, Healy called Pronger "An Animal". If the shoe fits......

I wasn't reaching for anything new, I wanted to know. And an injury is an injury. When the news came in on this board that Kunitz was hurt, several members on this board applauded. I assure you, 99.9% of the people in the Pond were NOT cheering the injury. They were going insane because it was the first bit of action they had seen all night. A 5-0 shutout is kinda boring when you're losing. Unless the Pond suddenly became infested with King fans, I know the crowd, and they wouldn't do something like that. It was because of the action. Just be patient, some of us can be slow, as it has been rudely pointed out several times.

And I didn't say it was all Wings fans. My point was: It's on both sides, not just one.

There is no comparison between the two situations. We lost Calder to the same problem with a broken hand but I doubt you'll find anyone blaming any player or team for his injury. "Reaching" is a nice way to put it. If anything, Wings fans are more likely to sympathize and wish an injured player well, with the exception of an occasional noob or random poster. You are guilty of generalizing and painting Wings fans in a bad light, as well. Pot, meet kettle.

As for the reaction in the arena, I actually thought the noise was more of a reaction to a huge hit, not glee over Homer laying there bleeding. Once he was down, the cheering quieted, as I recall (did not tape the game, sadly). Anyway, at the Joe, when a hurt player gets back up and skates off on his own, like Homer did, he would get a round of applause. Did the Yucks fans do that? I really don't recall, I was too busy wringing my hands and worrying about Homer to notice.

In an unrelated thought, but similar vein, I had actually forgotten what a dismal, whining, piece of crap Burke is. He has found a home in Anaheim, I see. My God, I thought I had complelely lost respect for him when he was mewling like a little girl during the 2002 whooping of the Canucks by the Wings. He blames Homer for the hit, because his helmet wasn't super-glued to his head??? :lol: I really am amazed, sometimes, at the depths of some people's stupidity.

Pronger is an embarrassment. Plain and simple. The game tomorrow night will be a pleasure to watch, primarily because he will be conspicuously absent.

You are guilty of generalizing and painting Wings fans in a bad light, as well. Pot, meet kettle.

I wasn't generalizing. I pointed out several times that it wasn't all posters. It wasn't most posters. And that wasn't the thread I was talking about, becuase I remember replying to the one I was talking about. It was probably deleted because it was a double...

I feel really sorry for Duckette and Wild Wing who have to get grouped in with morons like you. The only people thinking Pronger is innocent here are homer Ducks fans, and that about says it. The fact that you think its "wrong to hurt the team" because of what Pronger did makes along with your "makeup calls are an unwritten rule in the game" and a slew of other assinine comments make you perhaps one of the most embarassing excuses for a hockey fan I have ever seen.

Thanks YoungGuns. I'm glad someone can sympathize for me :lol::P

Here is what a lot of people are forgetting...

Pronger is a world class defenseman, not just another goon. This hurts his team tremendously. A one game suspension in the playoffs for a player of Pronger's caliber is like 5 during the regular season. The Ducks will not only miss his presence, but a large part of their game plan will change because Carlyle will have to lengthen the bench a bit.

I'm happy with the outcome, the suspension was deserved, and one game in the playoffs is huge. With that said, this is hockey, Homer is okay, and there isn't any need to pile on.

This isn't the first time Pronger has hurt his team with his actions during the playoffs. Anyone remember the attempted hit on Stevie Y? This guy does have a history, just remind Ducks fans of this and move on.

If some Ducks fans aren't objective or knowledgable enough about the game, there isn't much that can be done, so why waste the bandwidth? Most people at AllDucks I talked to last night admitted Pronger might get a game, and it would be deserved. Some were morons, but hey, we have enough of our own and I figure those in glass houses should not throw stones.

I wasn't generalizing. I pointed out several times that it wasn't all posters. It wasn't most posters. And that wasn't the thread I was talking about, becuase I remember replying to the one I was talking about. It was probably deleted because it was a double...

Thanks YoungGuns. I'm glad someone can sympathize for me :lol::P

thanks for standing up for me duckette hahaha

geeeez!

yes i have my thoughts about the hit. no matter what anyone says or does i still dont think pronger should have gotten a suspension. that doesnt make me ignronant or dumb its just my opinion biased or not. we are all equals here and should have every right to say what we want and when we want to without being accused of murder.

i have never said " o i am so glad holmstrom was bleeding and that i hope hes gone and out of the series"

everytihn i have said has been clean and my opinion and how i feel about the situation. you guys shoudl respect that and leave it be without calling me a moron (young guns) is just immature and shows the respect you have for others.

that doesnt make me ignronant or dumb its just my opinion biased or not.

I'm not going to argue about your objectivity, most here have already done this.

What does make you ignorant or dumb is starting all of your sentences with a lower case letter. Sorry, but how you present your thoughts makes just as big a difference in what your thoughts actually are. Spend some time formulating complete sentences and people may not be as quick to write you off.

geeeez!

yes i have my thoughts about the hit. no matter what anyone says or does i still dont think pronger should have gotten a suspension. that doesnt make me ignronant or dumb its just my opinion biased or not. we are all equals here and should have every right to say what we want and when we want to without being accused of murder.

i have never said " o i am so glad holmstrom was bleeding and that i hope hes gone and out of the series"

everytihn i have said has been clean and my opinion and how i feel about the situation. you guys shoudl respect that and leave it be without calling me a moron (young guns) is just immature and shows the respect you have for others.

Maybe you aren't dumb, ignorant or any of those things, but if a wings player used two elbows to crush a ducks player into the boards the same way pronger did (don't give me the 45 degree angle bullcrap, it still did the damage) i am going to assume that by your comments you wouldn't support a suspension. Now what could be demonstrated is that you are so terribly biased that you have different rules for your team than other teams, or you would like to watch a more dangerous brand of hockey. A brand where it is ok for players to lift their elbows up to help use an amazingly strong upper body of force upon the back of a players head, whereby a players face can get nailed at a high force into any object on the ice.

If thats the kind of game you're looking for, maybe hockey isn't the right sport for you. The vast majority of hockey players and fans have enough respect for each other to where that kind of game shouldn't be tolerated.

geeeez!

You have made more than enough comments on this board that justify your classification as a moron as being pure fact rather than bias. Once you start adding some intellectual fiber to this board, then maybe Ill change my mind, but until then, I wont hold my breath.

We're bias? You sticking up for Pronger when it was clearly headhunting is not bias? Wow. It's nice that the homer Ducks fans such as yourself are still acting like pure morons giving more support to my earlier statements that Ducks fans are at a pretty low end of the food chain.

*Note to Duckette and Wild Wing: You guys are exceptions, as both of you have been great since coming here. Don't take my comments personally, as they were not directed at either of you*

One other note on Pronger. All the homer Duck fans seem to forget that Pronger is a repeat offender. He blantenly tried to injure Yzerman back in the 2002 playoffs, and a few years ago he was headhunting after Andreas Johansson on Nashville. These two are the biggest reminders of what a cheapshot Pronger is. I'm sure there are other incidents that I probably missed.

Everyone with an opinion voiced in a decent manner is welcome here. However, any fan of an opponent's team who comes here expecting us (Wings fans) to agree that Neidermeyer and Pronger should skate away untouched from what they teamed up to do to Homer is going to be very disappointed in the response. I wouldn't dream of going to an opponent's board and trying to justify something like what they did to Holmstrom, since it's indefensible.

If this same atrocious hit on Homer happened to a Ducks player, I guarantee the Anaheim fans would be howling for justice. The only thing is, there isn't a single guy on the Wings bench who would ever consider doing such a thing, so it's a moot point.

Both Anaheim players deserve at least what they got. Homer is OK, purely good fortune there, so we move on.

Go, Wings... roast 'em tomorrow night!! :yowza:

Basically I feel the way about Pronger that I used to feel about Chelios when he played in Chicago.

good tough players sometime make bad decisions. Pronger is missing a HUGE playoff game as a result. Justice was served.

Man that was a devasting elbow for sure, I bet he got suspendeded for that. I always hated Chelios, I didn't like it when the wings traded for him. Turns out it was a good move, but at the time he was the enemy. He diffently could of been labeled the dirtiest player in the game

We're bias? You sticking up for Pronger when it was clearly headhunting is not bias? Wow. It's nice that the homer Ducks fans such as yourself are still acting like pure morons giving more support to my earlier statements that Ducks fans are at a pretty low end of the food chain.

*Note to Duckette and Wild Wing: You guys are exceptions, as both of you have been great since coming here. Don't take my comments personally, as they were not directed at either of you*

One other note on Pronger. All the homer Duck fans seem to forget that Pronger is a repeat offender. He blantenly tried to injure Yzerman back in the 2002 playoffs, and a few years ago he was headhunting after Andreas Johansson on Nashville. These two are the biggest reminders of what a cheapshot Pronger is. I'm sure there are other incidents that I probably missed.

Man , I always turn on the dynasty video , 02 disc. And turn to that chpater , just to watch Pronger look like an idiot and see what kind of a a warrior Stevie was. I remeber laughing at Pronger when that puss limped off the ice

Hextall didnt appreciate that hit too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXjuKB3IeI...ted&search=

What a crazy man Ron Hextall was

...no matter what anyone says or does i still dont think pronger should have gotten a suspension. that doesnt make me ignronant or dumb its just my opinion biased or not. we are all equals here and should have every right to say what we want and when we want to without being accused of murder.

Yep, you have your opinion. And my opinion is that your opinion is biased and dumb.

________

I don't mean to pile on Duckette and the ridiculous "comparison" between the 'celebrating' of injuries to Kunitz and Holmstrom, but.... come on. You're not even comparing apples and oranges, that's how far off that is.

The fact of the matter is that Wings fans weren't celebrating his injury directly, per say, they were celebrating the circumstance it created. Keep in mind this was found out only heading into Game 2, and that Kunitz was fine (sans the broken bone in his hand) -- what had happened to Kunitz was, in lack of better terms, a "known quantity".

Ducks fans didn't have the same 'luxury' with Holmstrom -- for all they knew he could've had a broken neck. But it was clearly audible that there were fans there lusting for blood and it was clear on TV.

And don't bother trying to speak for 17K+ fans that were there... Why not just ask some of the people that WERE at the game that are members here? No one is saying it was the entire Ducks fanbase en masse, but it sure was noticable. Hell, even the Ducks media was lambasting fans for it.