• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Official: Hasek signs 1-year deal

Rate this topic

*edit* And no sooner had I typed the above, when I saw the headline "Holland - FA shopping probably done". Unreal.

He also said he wouldn't be making any splashes on July 1st. I'm not saying he's going to sign more, but you never know.

not breaking the bank

Terms of the contract weren't immediately released, although it's expected Hasek will earn a base salary slightly over $2 million with bonuses.

"We've settled," Winter said Wednesday night. "Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation."

yep.

A little crazy, but the guy is a TEAM player. Gotta love that.

"We've settled," Winter said Wednesday night. "Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap.Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation."

yep.

That greedy MFing son of a bit.....oh wait.

-Tim

his agent thinks he is worth it -- at 10% or whatver he gets, I would say that, too, I guess. :P

So, everybody happy that Dom is not the money-grubber some thought? :rolleyes:

:lol: I had the whole image in my head of him stopping to smell the flowers, kiss a baby, help an elderly lady across the street toward the banking office, but it is ruined! Damn you for taking a lower wage Dom! ^_-

I wouldn't have cared if we gave him 5 now, but if we pick up anyone with that remaining $4-5m... you bet he'd better fetch Dom's morning newspaper like if he were living at Lang's house and named Jiri Hudler.

not breaking the bank

Terms of the contract weren't immediately released, although it's expected Hasek will earn a base salary slightly over $2 million with bonuses.

"We've settled," Winter said Wednesday night. "Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation."

yep.

So Dom's agent got the Wings to offer less? WTF?

Base salary just over 2 mill is great. Right where it should be.

I beg to differ that he's a $5 mill a year goalie, but who cares. I'm glad he's back and at a good price.

So Dom's agent got the Wings to offer less? WTF?

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. Maybe it's actually a quote from Holland?

:lol: I had the whole image in my head of him stopping to smell the flowers, kiss a baby, help an elderly lady across the street toward the banking office, but it is ruined! Damn you for taking a lower wage Dom! ^_-

I wouldn't have cared if we gave him 5 now, but if we pick up anyone with that remaining $4-5m... you bet he'd better fetch Dom's morning newspaper like if he were living at Lang's house and named Jiri Hudler.

nobody ever listens to me. :D I have been saying that Dom was likely waiting to see what the Wings wanted to do with the money he didn't accept, in terms of getting the roster set up the way they wanted it. Dom wouldn't have crippled the budget for his own gain, because it would have weakened the team in front of him.

I wish I could have seen Winters' face when Dom said, no, no, $5M is too much, negotiate it down to less than half that. LOL! Of course this is the same guy who voluntarily gave up half his salary when he was injured and couldn't play. So, I guess it's not all that surprising.

I hope they get Selanne with the leftover money. :)

Edited by puckloo39

thank god we got him signed. i have been coming to this site for days now waiting for this to happen.

ok....who to sign next?

Guest DetroitIan

That is such great news. Especially under all the uncertainty of how much Hasek was gonna get. 2 mill is a great deal for a Dominik Hasek type goaltender. Thank God our netminder is set. Now we just need that one more forward and defenseman. And with getting Hasek for cheap. We should have the funds available to get it done. Wooo!

Kenny: "OK! Now, let's see which FAs are still available!"

[Kenny steps outside. A tumbleweed rolls by.]

hahahahahahahahaha!!

very gooodd

thumbs up to the Hasek signing. :thumbup:

well... at least HE came back.