• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

osgood close

Rate this topic

Rogatien Vachon, 355

Chris Osgood, 336

he needs 15 wins to pass him, he's already got 7 this year, no doubt he does it.

interestingly enough dom is 14th with 366

Edited by theman19

This has got to be the best I have seen Osgood play in years.

I see highlights of him and I sweat there is no way this is the same guy who play with the Isle and the Blues.

Granted that save last night on Iginla was a lot luck, but still there were plenty that should have been goals and he made huge saves.

As much as I love Dom it is nice to see a more conventional style in net, I am not calling for Osgood to take over (yet) just saying it is nice to see some one not flopping around and doing snow angels. How in the hell that works for him I have no idea.

So to the loyal Osgood fans, I have to apologize for the not so kind words I said about Ozzie in the pre season. He is playing like a man possessed!

After Dom retires after this season, as long as Osgood plays well this team will keep rolling. Also to go along with the Isles and Blues statement, personally I dont think he felt comftorable there, and he feels back at home in Detroit. Plus the pressure to perform after dominating in the 98 playoffs might have been too much for him.

Edited by RainingBlood

I think that Dom gets it back when he is ready to play and i'm fine with that. Maybe we go back to the 96-97 style when Ozzie got the regular season starts and then we instert a rested healthy Dom in the playoffs.

I'm so happy for Ozzie and i'm enjoying watching him play. I hope that he keeps up his game. I think he and Dom are pushing each other to be better and now Dom has some big skates to fill in the crease.

I was waiting for the right thread to give credit to Ozzie. I am loving this little run and because of this I have a couple of points to bring up about Ozzies Career.

If you leveled out the number of games played equal to Fatty Roy (1029) and took into account the winning percentage, here would be the top three goalies ALL TIME WINS

Brodeur 900 games, 497 wins would get 568 total wins

Osgood 628 games, 343 wins would get 562 total wins

Roy of course 1029 games and has 551 total wins

Note: Hasek 701 games, 366 wins would get 537 wins.

Also, it was stated last night after the Calgary game that this was the FIRST TIME EVER Detroit swept Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary in a three game road trip. And Osgood netted them all.

If you ride a hot goalie during the playoffs, why not ride one durnig the season?

I cannot believe Oz once rode the bench for Legace?

I think that Dom gets it back when he is ready to play and i'm fine with that. Maybe we go back to the 96-97 style when Ozzie got the regular season starts and then we instert a rested healthy Dom in the playoffs.

I'm so happy for Ozzie and i'm enjoying watching him play. I hope that he keeps up his game. I think he and Dom are pushing each other to be better and now Dom has some big skates to fill in the crease.

Ozzie is playing great, but eventually Dom will come back to play his share.

And that's cool.

Till then there's no goalie issue here.

It's like Babcock said:

That's the great thing about Dom and Ozzie, there isn't a competition, there's just a real good support, and Dom's happy for Ozzie and Ozzie would be happy for Dom. Let's be honest, Dom's not 15 anymore. The longer he stays fresh, the better off we are."

...I said it in the "who's jersey gets retired thread" Osgood plays his career out here, which he will, gets over 400 wins, which he should barring injuries, he can be a dark horse to have his jersey retired. Maybe not even a dark horse, especially if he ends up like huntsvegas baby worked out! 2nd in wins overall, no doubt #30 goes up! He needs to keep playing this season, freakin let Dom ride the pine for a while!

Guest lnvincible

Ozzie's been amazing so far . If he keeps playing this way , what happens to Haseks role ? Thats the only question / thought in my mind atm. Shared time?

Nobody WANTS to be the backup, right ?

Your average backup goalie probably makes a million a year to sit on the bench and count shots. They might even get into a game once in a while. That sounds like a pretty good job to me.

Your average backup goalie probably makes a million a year to sit on the bench and count shots. They might even get into a game once in a while. That sounds like a pretty good job to me.

Maybe to you (and Jamie McLennan) but to an NHL goalie who wants to be out on the ice as much as possible it's not that good I guess..

;)

I wouldnt say that Ozzie was a bad player for the Isles and Blues. He had some good seasons with them, he just never had the support he had here. No to mention, hes clearly always had a special bond with Detroit. I think there are certain players who simply always carry an allegiance to a team, regardless of whether they play for them or not. Not to get all emo, but I wouldnt be surprised if it broke Ozzies heart not to play for the Wings.

I wouldnt say that Ozzie was a bad player for the Isles and Blues. He had some good seasons with them, he just never had the support he had here. No to mention, hes clearly always had a special bond with Detroit. I think there are certain players who simply always carry an allegiance to a team, regardless of whether they play for them or not. Not to get all emo, but I wouldnt be surprised if it broke Ozzies heart not to play for the Wings.

Gotta agree with ya here.... I think you hit the nail on the head... :thumbup:

I would like to see the opposite actually... both have shown they can win some and lose some in the playoffs.. I would love to see Oz carry the team this post season.

The real question is, does Ozzie have a shot at the Hall of Fame?

I would think he'd need about a hundred more wins and possibly another Cup as a starter. He's never been seen as a legendary netminder. But if he keeps quietly putting up numbers, who knows?

Well now we are seeing him get into the playing groove with lingering "injuries" ... :knock on wood: He feels great and his game is reflecting it.

I was waiting for the right thread to give credit to Ozzie. I am loving this little run and because of this I have a couple of points to bring up about Ozzies Career.

If you leveled out the number of games played equal to Fatty Roy (1029) and took into account the winning percentage, here would be the top three goalies ALL TIME WINS

Brodeur 900 games, 497 wins would get 568 total wins

Osgood 628 games, 343 wins would get 562 total wins

Roy of course 1029 games and has 551 total wins

Note: Hasek 701 games, 366 wins would get 537 wins.

Also, it was stated last night after the Calgary game that this was the FIRST TIME EVER Detroit swept Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary in a three game road trip. And Osgood netted them all.

If you ride a hot goalie during the playoffs, why not ride one durnig the season?

I cannot believe Oz once rode the bench for Legace?

I was just saying that exact same thing to my Dad earlier today. About being the first time the Wings have swept a Western Canada trip, and it's with Ozzie in net. Fabulous! lol

Ozzie is on fire! I'm loving every single moment of this. It's great that everyone is FINALLY giving him credit. Hopefully nobody turns on him the second he loses a game.

The real question is, does Ozzie have a shot at the Hall of Fame?

I would think he'd need about a hundred more wins and possibly another Cup as a starter. He's never been seen as a legendary netminder. But if he keeps quietly putting up numbers, who knows?

Osgood could retire today and he'd be with the Andy Moog/Mike Vernon group of 'maybes' that hang just outside the 'sure thing' range. If Osgood sticks around a couple more years and makes it to 400 wins (which I think he will) there's no way he doesn't get in.