• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

11/22 GDT: Predators 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

dude ur ******* retarded, how did all the goals come off his rebounds? did u even watch the fuking game? only the 2nd goal was a rebound.

That he should have had. That goal was weak. And if you didnt notice, we lost by one goal. Regardless of what Gritzzkey says with his hyperbole, that goal was still the difference maker and DEFINITELY took the wind out of our sails. I still think he shouldve had the last goal too, but Haseks glove has been weak all year.

id rather listen to the radio then watch this lol

FRANZENNNNNNNNNN

Yes, Weber and Crisp are morons, Crisp is a drunk old man. I know that in some shape or form all of the home team cover guys favor their team, but these 2 go to the extreme and they say things that aren't going on. It's to the point that it's sickening to watch them, Mason made a grab of a Zetts shot that was high and wide of the net, Crisp went on about what a great save it was, man get him off the rye. I do have a question for everyone though, why is it when the Wings visit Nashville, its always on the second game of a back to back trip, or after an extended time without games. It's been that way since the Predators came about, just wondered why. I hope Legionairre has a hangover tomorrow.

Hasek was absolutely not the losing factor in tonights game. This was his best game so far, but on the other hand, it's pretty sad when you're best game is sub 900. Osgood is playing great though, and should have been in there regardless.

The thing that irks me, is that IF this is the Hasek we can expect to see, then I see no compelling reason not to bump Ozzie to #1 and get some God blessed game for Howard in the damn NHL. How the hell can we ever HOPE to get a confident backup for the future if we play the kid 3 times a year with months between starts? It's like Bowman is back and in charge again. Not hide nor hair of a young kid to be seen.

Give Hasek a couple more games. If he isn't back to being at least 90% of the Dom of old, cut ties and put Howard in as backup with Ozzie as starter. I can't believe I am saying that, given that I was never that much of an Ozzie fan, but, given the choice between him and Hasek this year, it's a pretty easy choice.

All around disappointing team effort, but I want to see ALOT more out of Hasek if he wants to remain in the rotation.

Nice job, Preds, even though I ******* hate you. They got contribution from everyone and great goaltending when they needed it, unlike us. Yeah, Dom made a great save here and there, but wasn't there when we really needed him, nor was the defensive help. I don't hold out much hope for Saturday's game, especially since we'll most likely see damn Drake.

Dom not to be blamed says Mick and Ken.

And Micky York as an amendment to that saying HE IS to blame :D

Micky "the fact of the matter is that the wings ARE NOT winning with him in net"

Dom not to be blamed says Mick and Ken.

No, you can't really blame him. He played as marginal as the rest of the team. But again, how is it that against blatantly marginal teams with Hasek in net, we still find ways to lose? Besides the loss, there's not a lot of "bad" that you can ascribe to this game at Hasek, but what good is there? Plus, the way things went in the last minute for him...ugly.

Babcock now...

Osgood in net against Columbus. Good. Just in general.

Anyways, that second goal I thought was a lousy, lousy goal to give up. He went down early, got out of position, gave up yet another huge rebound and couldn't get there to make the save. All that with a minute left in the period right after we break the tie. Mental toughness...you don't let up a goal there. It's just like that one he let in in the 3rd against Anaheim in Game 6 after we start pulling it around. It just seems like he lacks the mental toughness to really turn it on and make the big saves. He makes saves. He doesn't seem to make too many big saves. Bleh.

I'm just sick of this. It's annoying to read about and think about mainly because of Hasek's locker room history. I almost wish he'd just play great so we let it go and move on, but come on already.

Post-game...more blame at Hasek then Ken and Mick. I think it's pretty accurate. Step in the right direction but still needs work. Bottom line emphasized though...we're not winning with Hasek in net.

Apologies. They said dom made 27 saves which would mean 30 shots, but it was only 29 shots. Regardless .89 is better than like, .75 he had against the hawks.

That's ridiculous. I need not explain why, anyone with a rational mind can understand that. This is senseless Dom bashing and blatent Ozzie fanboyism.

When did I ever declare I was a fan of ozzies? Or is it just that you too recognize your argument is baseless? In fact, the only evidence you provided in your post was that Hasek had a .89 SV%, which proves my point more than yours.

As Larry Murphy just said, he shouldve moved off the line to get in better position to nab those goals. Thats what happened with goal #1 and goal #3. Which leaves goal #2, which was a clear shot that Hasek saw all the way and STILL let the rebound go, and then proceeded to flop on his back leaving 80% of the net open.

Im not saying that Hasek sucked tonight - he had a better showing than in recent games and he did make some good saves - but the fact of the matter is, he let in goals - at least one that is absolutely incontrovertibly saveable - that shouldve been stopped with better positioning and quicker reflexes.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with my logic that the Wings players arent going to be running and gunning after 2 games in 2 nights, and that your 2.5 million dollar goaltender should be picking up the slack, such as Mason did when the Preds got into penalty trouble.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I honestly think Dom played a pretty solid game, and this is coming from an Ozzie fanatic so yeah.. im fair and I don't think any of the game was his fault. Fact of the matter is the Wings played extremely sloppy today, especially in their own end. You have to convert on some of those PP's and they didn't. Nuff said.. let's move on.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

The refs f***ed us tonight.

The Lebda phantom holding call was crap, but the Wings had their shot at the beginning with all the power plays, they didnt show patience and took bad shots. This is a team that the Wings should beat hands down. The Wings allowed them to stay in the game when they had them by the throat early. Ortmeyer, Tootoo, Fiddler, and Zenon are a joke.

It's like Bowman is back and in charge again. Not hide nor hair of a young kid to be seen.

3 cups, made the playoffs in every year he was coach. It works. There is no need for anymore young kids on the Wings. Filpula, Hudler, Kronwall, and Lebda is more then enough. We need more vets then anything, and less baggage (Lilja)

Hasek was absolutely not the losing factor in tonights game. This was his best game so far, but on the other hand, it's pretty sad when you're best game is sub 900. Osgood is playing great though, and should have been in there regardless.

It's amazing that people are so desperate to applaud and inflate mediocrity because some guy's named Hasek.

3 cups, made the playoffs in every year he was coach. It works. There is no need for anymore young kids on the Wings. Filpula, Hudler, Kronwall, and Lebda is more then enough. We need more vets then anything, and less baggage (Lilja)

I agree. People are still holding on to this notion because for a while, all of our vets were 35+. Guys like Hank and Datsyuk ARE vets...but they arent in the twilights of their careers like the vets weve had in the past.

I hope Minnesota keeps on going downhill, because a guy like Rolston is exactly the type we need.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Well I was disappointed I couldn't get WXYT on iTunes until after the game, but it was working on NHL.com. Again the Wings couldn't keep the lead so that sucks too. Then again the Wings played last night and the Predators didn't. Then again the Wings should not use that as an excuse.

Look, Detroit, as a whole, slowed down after the first period. Take into account that Detroit played a game last night, while Nashville was sitting at home. Detroit then had to fly to Nashville today to play their game... I can assure you that I knew Detroit wouldn't play 100% tonight... thats a lot of things happening in a small amount of time, which makes the team tired. So, a rested Nashville team took advantage and outplayed the Wings, simply put. Yah, the refs sucked, but there were dumb calls on both sides, you can blame Dom, but do you really think you have to bash the guy as much as you are? No, he is obviosly trying hard... we know he practices a lot to improve, and always ends up improving, which is why I still stand behind Dom.

Dom saved 27 out of 30 shots tonight, which is CLEARLY far better than his last couple games. Now, no, that is not amazing, but it tells us that Dom is improving, and that he is picking up more and more, and I bet, based on his performance tonight, he will be close to 100% Dom by mid- December latest. Last week Dom was letting in lousy wristers and stuff, and seemed totally not himself and not compftorable... today Dom did a much better job with the wristers, and seemed much more compfterable in net. The only thing Dom needs to work on now is to not allow so many rebounds (though he didn't do a terrible job with it tonight) but a rebound costed the wings their 2nd goal. Guarentee you Dom has that fixed in a week or so, and we can truly refer to him as the Dominator once again...

But seriously, if you say Dom played bad tonight, you have no idea what you are talking about, and you just don't like him.

The Wings allowed them to stay in the game when they had them by the throat early.

:clap:

Dom didn't lose this game. Our PP unit lost this game.

ZDH just isn't dominating right now. It's been the second PP unit that's played fantastic lately, not ZDH. Honestly, I think ZDH could use a shake-up of the line-juggling variety. And juggling lines is Babs' favourite pastime!

:clap:

Dom didn't lose this game. Our PP unit lost this game.

ZDH just isn't dominating right now. It's been the second PP unit that's played fantastic lately, not ZDH. Honestly, I think ZDH could use a shake-up of the line-juggling variety. And juggling lines is Babs' favourite pastime!

I won't say our lack of PP production didn't hurt us, but when you take a lead at a critical point and you single-handedly hand it right over to the other team, that's a big momentum shifter. Like someone else said, the other goalie played great. He allowed his team every chance to win against a blatantly better team. Dom did not again.

The penalty situation in this game was just disgusting though. What a disaster and a disappointment for all parties involved. You've gotta give some solid credit to Mason and the Preds though...they played us hard until the finish. Games like this happen. It comes down to mental toughness.

Guest Agalloch

Bottom line is Ozzie is 10-1 and Hasek has a losing record. Get rid of Hasek. He's not needed.

Watched the game from the dining room (shouldn't have had seconds), but overall not too bad of a game IMO. I'll bet Dom would like a couple of those back, and the number of penalties on both sides was a little annoying. My major beef was our inability to score on the 5 on 3. That said, I think one of our most physical players out there tonight was Dom :hehe: couldn't believe it when he laid the body on two Preds in the final minute. But I'm sure once the boys get some Thanksgiving food in 'em, they'll bounce back on Saturday.