• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmorland

Hudler... over/under?

Rate this topic

I would be willing to place a healthy bet on him NEVER scoring 50 goals in a season. I wouldn't bet my life on it though

I agree. Im still waiting to see if Hank can do it.

I think Hudler will have a career year with about 38-42 goals, and in his prime, average about 28-32 a year.

I would be willing to place a healthy bet on him NEVER scoring 50 goals in a season. I wouldn't bet my life on it though

I would!

I think he'll max out at the 25 area, maybe a couple more, or couple less...and i still believe that he wont be here when he hits it.

50 goals...lol talk about overreacting!

Hudler has a great shot and knows how to handle a pass, and has SLIGHT playmaking ability, but the sum of the parts will never equal a 50 goal season. Only the elite in the NHL manage that feat, Steve and Shanny are both headed to the HOF and they each only managed it a handful of times. Hudler will have a few 30 goal seasons in his career, hopefully him and Flip develop a Hank-Pav kinda connection and stay in motown.

Hudler is a streaky goalscorer, I doubt he'll ever touch 40 or 50.

Hudler is a streaky goalscorer..

Hudler is in his second year. He hasn't had time to "be" anything habit-wise. Good or bad. And also to make sure from the OP, I don't think Hudler will -ever- touch 40. I like LGW's optimism though.

Edited by Flip-check

Come on guys, Hudler has a couple of consecutive games with goals, and already we're arguing about whether he'll ever be a 50 goal scorer. It's been forever since any Wings player scored 50, and there's only a few guys in the entire league that do it every year. I don't see it happening.

Hudler is a better goal scorer than Datsyuk. He probably won't be as good in that department as Zetterberg will be. This would put his peak likely somewhere between 35-45 goals. Depending on the climate of the league and who he plays with, it's possible for him to hit 50, but it's not highly likely.

Come on guys, Hudler has a couple of consecutive games with goals, and already we're arguing about whether he'll ever be a 50 goal scorer. It's been forever since any Wings player scored 50, and there's only a few guys in the entire league that do it every year. I don't see it happening.

I don't pick up what you're saying. Do you mean Stastny was not going to get 178 points after three games into this season. Or that Hudler will not be the second coming of Datserberg.

If you go by the month of November, Hudler is on pace to score 57pts in 57 games. We could deal him for Heatley!

:hehe:

Hudler has the handicap of being on the 4th line...for some unknown reason.

If he was on a better line...

...it's all VERY frustrating.

I called 30+ before the season.

Hoodles and the Mistakes LMAO!!!

50 goals is tough, not too many guys get it. I can't see Hudler being in the elite category of guys like Heatley, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, and Ovechkin. Nowadays, 50 goals is rare, and if it becomes more common via bigger nets, or smaller goalie equipment, I can't see a guy like Hudler netting 50. It's too big of a number, 50 goals is for the odd "A" player... I could only see Hudler reaching "B" status for his career. 35 goals is the most I can see, and that's being generous.