• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/26 GDT: Oilers 4, Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

RELAX EVERYONE--shootouts suck!!!!!!!!!! its not playing the game!!--PERIOD!

Unfortunately it counts for real points

Seriously, shut the f*** up. We were all good until you show up with your negative, useless, counterproductive posts. Take Lilja with you and just disappear.

I know sarcasm doesn't transmit itself too well in text, but I'm pretty sure that was nothing more than a little friendly razzing

:hysterical: Damn whoever it was who put themselves ahead of the team by telling Holland to NOT get Fedorov! Kizmit is a son-of-a-b*tch! To whoever cried to momma about Fedorov, you and your team deserves everything you get. Way to lose the last 9 out 10! Say bye bye to that #1 and #2 seed this season! Start booking your tee times! Sure Fedorov may not have made a difference tonight because we actually got some scoring, but like I said Kizmit is a powerful force and just because there was one or two individuals (Babcock) who put themselves ahead of the TEAM, you have doomed your club! Enjoy another 42 years without the Cup!!!! (at least)

...yes Crymson, my card is still turned in...

...Holland sucks and so does his staff...

..oh wait McCarty is the Messiah, all is good... :blink:

Guest Crymson
agreed.

Lilja and Lebda were awful tonight.

Surely you don't refer to the Lebda who set up the winning goal?

Guest Crymson
:hysterical: Damn whoever it was who put themselves ahead of the team by telling Holland to NOT get Fedorov! Kizmit is a son-of-a-b*tch! To whoever cried to momma about Fedorov, you and your team deserves everything you get. Way to lose the last 9 out 10! Say bye bye to that #1 and #2 seed this season! Start booking your tee times! Sure Fedorov may not have made a difference tonight because we actually got some scoring, but like I said Kizmit is a powerful force and just because there was one or two individuals (Babcock) who put themselves ahead of the TEAM, you have doomed your club! Enjoy another 42 years without the Cup!!!! (at least)

...yes Crymson, my card is still turned in...

...Holland sucks and so does his staff...

..oh wait McCarty is the Messiah, all is good... :blink:

Did you forget to take your medication today?

Hey, you know....I don't want to be blindly optimistic, but Edmonton couldn't beat us as a team. They had to go one on one. That is a huge step up, folks.

Pros:

Meech: What the hell did he eat this morning? He was great!

Datsyuk: As always, carrying the team.

Ericsson: It's still way too early, but I see very little downside to him.

Maltby: Again, what did he eat? He's playing pretty well, relative to the rest of the season.

Drake: Played well.

Ozzie: Amazing as always.

Defense: Didn't make quite so many mistakes the last half of the game, seems to be gelling a little.

Zetterberg: Seems to be waking up, made some good plays and fought for the puck

The Team: Passing is now crisp and tape to tape again. Smarter plays. They're harder to knock off the puck, better handling the puck, and more aware of each other on the ice. They stopped blindly passing and chucking off the boards. They knew where each other were to make last second passes. They seemed to have learned when and where to shoot and when to pass.

The cons:

Late rally.

Lilja taking stupid penalties. He played decent tonight, except for those, but someone should take a count to find out how many game winning or tying goals he's personally given up or had scored as a result of a penalty or something.

Bit of a heartbreaker after a nice comeback. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were awesome in the last 25 minutes. I was hoping that Hudler would score in the shootout and suddenly find his scoring touch but...nope. Lilja was pretty bad tonight.

Well, at least we got a point, I guess. Thanks Ozzie.

Guest Crymson
Hey RedWingNUT..... how bout you just stop posting to me you PANZY! Big tough man wowwwwww you're so big and strong and you like the wings nuts in your mouth... Including Liljas

I happen to agree with RWN, and I frankly don't see what place you feel your rampant, egregious negativity has here.

NA when i came they got the 2 goals so it is the complete opposite <_< hehe

Buddy, you must have titanium for skin for you to take the thrashing the Ducks (and you) get and still post here. We might not like your team (at least, in the current roster goest (eg Pronger) ), I have to admire you for sticking it out :)

Besides, you're one of the few fans from other teams that actually posts with some logic and actually act like an adult :thumbup:

Well, at least we have something to build off of for Friday. Hopefully we'll get some of our D-men back by then :) .

Babs is happy with the game, "unfortunate bounce for Lils". Seems there's been alot of unfortunate bounces lately coming from number 3. Just thank God this wasn't a playoff game.

Don't worry, Lilja will be giving up key turnovers in the playoffs soon enough. Although I think this year the team can overcome. Just don't play Lilja in the crucial closing minutes of a game.

Hey, you know....I don't want to be blindly optimistic, but Edmonton couldn't beat us as a team. They had to go one on one. That is a huge step up, folks.

Pros:

Meech: What the hell did he eat this morning? He was great!

Datsyuk: As always, carrying the team.

Ericsson: It's still way too early, but I see very little downside to him.

Maltby: Again, what did he eat? He's playing pretty well, relative to the rest of the season.

Drake: Played well.

Ozzie: Amazing as always.

Defense: Didn't make quite so many mistakes the last half of the game, seems to be gelling a little.

Zetterberg: Seems to be waking up, made some good plays and fought for the puck

The Team: Passing is now crisp and tape to tape again. Smarter plays. They're harder to knock off the puck, better handling the puck, and more aware of each other on the ice. They stopped blindly passing and chucking off the boards. They knew where each other were to make last second passes. They seemed to have learned when and where to shoot and when to pass.

The cons:

Late rally.

Lilja taking stupid penalties. He played decent tonight, except for those, but someone should take a count to find out how many game winning or tying goals he's personally given up or had scored as a result of a penalty or something.

:thumbup: Very good summary. I am much encouraged by this game, even though we didn't win.

I happen to like Lilja, but there is no denying what you say, sadly. Tonight really was just an accident, but a really unfortunate one for sure. :(

Thank God. I hate the Ducks so much I'm even going for the Oilers when they play us.

Hmm...that's a nice way to think about it. I'm not gonna bury Lilypads for this one. He should never be on the ice in the last minutes of a game when we have a one-goal lead. And in any other circumstance he wouldn't have been, but due to some unfortunate injuries he was. He's fine as a 5th/6th Dman.

Don't worry, Lilja will be giving up key turnovers in the playoffs soon enough. Although I think this year the team can overcome. Just don't play Lilja in the crucial closing minutes of a game.

I think when we have the entire D healthy, Lilja sits.